[V6] What are you currently listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Adam in the "Current Listening" thread, so of course... it's a Daft Punk track.

This happens to be the groovy new 'un called "Get Lucky" featuring the vocals of the wonderful Pharrell(known for his solo work, the Neptunes and N.E.R.D).

I love the track, very much so... I could fall in love and do other things to this song. :lew:

Cheesy-ish vocals are fine, since that fucking RIFF is sexeh. :gonk:

This is a song I really like. The lyrics are kinda weird, but it has an epic feeling to it. Also, I like it because it reminds me of The Shield whenever I hear it. I've been going with this non stop since last night! XD I can't get enough of it. "We are the crazy ones"​

Electric Daisy by Lindsey Stirling! :)

She is absolutely incredible. I plan to relearn the violin this summer (I used to play but I can't anymore...)

I would love to be half as good as she is. :)

My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes To Bitburg) - The Ramones

It's one of the few Ramones' songs that I like. It's later Ramones so more rock than punk, it's almost 4 minutes long whereas hardly any of their early stuff was more than 2 and a half minutes long. It's a protest song about Reagan visiting Bitburg Cemetery in Germany. Bitburg was where SS soldiers were buried, and Joey Ramone is Jewish. The lyrics are fairly poor, but I like it because it's an emotional song as Joey Ramone is clearly very angry about it.

Macklemore - Otherside

Powerful. Although I don't do drugs, but this hit me.. reminds me of everything.

Lyrics:

I've seen my people's dreams die
I've seen what they can be denied
And "weeds not a drug" - that's denial
Groundhog Day life repeat each time
I've seen Oxycontin take three lives
I grew up with them, we used to chief dimes
I've seen cocaine bring out the demons inside
Cheatin' and lyin'
Friendship cease, no peace in the mind
Stealin' and takin' anything to fix the pieces inside
Broken, hopeless, headed nowhere
Only motivation for what the dealer's supplying
That rush, that drug, that dope
Those pills, that crumb, that roach
Thinkin' I would never do that, not that drug
And growing up nobody ever does
Until you're stuck, lookin' in the mirror like I can't believe what I've become
Swore I was goin' to be someone
And growing up everyone always does
We sell our dreams and our potential
To escape through that buzz
Just keep me up, keep me up

I Want The One I Cannot Have - The Smiths

I had this song stuck in my head when I woke up this morning. It feels more apt now.
It's a great pop song as are most The Smiths songs. I think I will listen to a medley of The Smiths songs and cry myself to sleep. The Smiths are the greatest band ever.

7 years since their last record and they are back as good as ever. One of my all time favorite bands and Nathan Gray's voice is as haunting as ever. Awesome song that makes me want to get the record now. But I can't cause it only hits the streets in June. Damn you Bridge9!!!
But then again the video was shot in my country, the shittiest part of it (Bavaria...:hmph: ), but still ... :)

Get Lucky - featuring Pharrell - Daft Punk

This is a fantastic pop tune. I think Pharrell is slighltly underrated as a pop singer, 'Frontin' is one of my favourite RnB/Hip Hop/Pop songs. And this song features him quite heavily. People have said that this Daft Punk album is a response to the fucking awful American EDM movement that Daft Punk are responsible for spawning, Skrillex, DeadMau5 etc. This shows the gap in class between them. This song is kind of disco influenced House music. Giorgio by Moroder is another great song on the album. 6 minutes of outstanding electronic pop music.

revolver by the beatles.

i've taken the time to do a leetul research and decided that i should dislike paul mccartney less than i do. he has wrote and co-wrote some very good songs. he has also wrote and co-write some embarassingly shit songs. the fact that he is a bit of a twat should not matter.

BUT IT DOES

Boom, Blast & Ruin - Biffy Clyro

I cannot get over how good this band is. To think it started out as being introduced to them and thinking they're okay to them being my favourite band all time. I spent way too much money on iTunes earlier just buying their additional EPs because I pretty much already own every other album. Such an amazing song. And when the intro kicks in in the live version. Omg. Shoot me. :gasp:

Actually just bought this album - Revolutions (live at Wembley). Already had the original album, but the live tracks. Dear god. :wacky:

Get Lucky - featuring Pharrell - Daft Punk

This is a fantastic pop tune. I think Pharrell is slighltly underrated as a pop singer, 'Frontin' is one of my favourite RnB/Hip Hop/Pop songs. And this song features him quite heavily. People have said that this Daft Punk album is a response to the fucking awful American EDM movement that Daft Punk are responsible for spawning, Skrillex, DeadMau5 etc. This shows the gap in class between them. This song is kind of disco influenced House music. Giorgio by Moroder is another great song on the album. 6 minutes of outstanding electronic pop music.

Skrillex must be the worst fucking thing to come to the music industry in forever. I admit that dubstep music makes no sense to me. Its not just that i dont like it i just dont get it. Its not an anthem or anything like that. Its just music with Mario sounds thrown in to break it up.

Ive had the arctic monkeys first album on repeat all day. Its very nostalgic. Takes me back to being 16 / 17 again when the indie scene was huge in the UK. Reminds me of drinking in my mates house before going out in town later on. Their best album by far.

The main theme to The Last Story. There is not a lot of music in the game, but the music which DOES exist is the best part of the game. I adore this theme and Toberumono. This theme is quite uplifting and reminds me of the game's best characters and the most exciting moments. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back