greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hi folks, I decided to try my hand at making a video review, which seems to have worked out...alright. Thing is, I think all the reviews in the review section are all text-based, so I'm wondering if this is allowed? Either way, I'm gonna put my review here and gimme a shout if it needs to be deleted or anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Theme Hospital (PS1) Review

http://youtu.be/J7Ld5PBkij4

Considering I didn't make this review based on a scoring system, and rather showed the sort of game it is through playing and lightly reviewing, I'll add a bit of text too:

Graphics - For its time, these graphics were actually pretty good. They're definitely nostalgic to this day too, so I'll give all the sprites and pretty clear graphics an 8/10.

Sound - There is no music whatsoever, outside of sound effects and a bit of music during the opening cinematics. Because of the funny sound effects for things like the heads popping though, I'll boost it up to a 3/10. Just because they make me laugh :lew: .

Gameplay - Very addictive. Think the sims with less depth. 8/10 for sure...it'll get you hooked for weeks, I swear it.

Overall - While this game is addictive, has nostalgic graphics and is generally incredibly fun to play, there are fiddly controls, lack of music and unkillable rats to consider. Although, there is the fact that there isn't a better alternative, although a few games have tried.
I'll give it an 8/10 because of these points.

If you fancy checking it out, go for the PSN store, or check out the PC version (which is probably the better version anyway; it has background music).

Anyways, thanks for reading and watching :)

It looks like a lot fun, I'm glad to see the people in this community appreciate older games too :) Would love to see more reviews like these :) I personally enjoy video reviews a little bit more than the text based ones.

Back