What was/is your main party set up? And why?

FarisScherwiz

~Ninja!~Mime? o-o
Gil
My main party consisted of Cloud, Tifa, and Cait Sith. Shocking huh?
Cloud has all around high stats and is the main character of course so he was a shoe in.
Tifa had a moderate magic stat with me and was my enemy skill user.
Cait Sith had my highest magic stat and also had my most devastating materia equipped on him.

So what was yours?

I've played quite a few combinations but I think the most effective was Cloud, Barret and Yuffie.

Barret and Yuffie are both long range characters which means you can stick them in the back row for half physical damage taken. Give Barret the cover materia and put him on Fury and you can spam Catastrophe. Vincent's another option even though his limit break is terrible because he has some weapons with max accuracy which allows you to abuse Deathblow whilst simultaneously avoiding having to use his limit.

I never finished the game, the farthest I've gotten was when Cloud gave Sephiroth the Black Materia at the Temple of the ancients. Up to that point my party consisted of:
Cloud, Aeris, and Barret/Vincent/Cid. Cloud and Aeris were my primary two.

I've played quite a few combinations but I think the most effective was Cloud, Barret and Yuffie.

Barret and Yuffie are both long range characters which means you can stick them in the back row for half physical damage taken. Give Barret the cover materia and put him on Fury and you can spam Catastrophe. Vincent's another option even though his limit break is terrible because he has some weapons with max accuracy which allows you to abuse Deathblow whilst simultaneously avoiding having to use his limit.
That was going to be my original party ^^ I'm lately restarting and my 3rd character slot always trades positions. By god now I want chocolate! -Stares at your signature in hypnosis-

I always liked using Cloud / Red XIII / Cid. I really don't think you can go too wrong with what characters you use in this game, those are just my favorites to use.

It has always been Cloud, Tifa and Baret. Tifa because I like asskicking girls and I like the hand to hand style. Baret because the occasional rocket launcher is fun to use lol. Cloud, well you're stuck with him for most of the game, but his limit breaks are pretty darn awesome.

Let's see first playthrough I used Cloud, Red XIII, and Vincent...never beat it though...Came back a few years later with Cloud, Barret and Red XIII and owned Sephie. :lew:

I remember that in my first playthrough was Cloud, Cid and Red XIII. How many times do you have a cool cat/tigre with a tail on fire? and the damage output was very good.
Then I used Cloud, Cid and Vincent. Vincent has an amazing DPS and could be in back row therefore cutting dmg.
On another one Cloud, Vincent and Tifa. It was a good party.

I only use the above mentioned characters. They're the coolest, I find other way to cheesy eheheh

Near the end of the game I ended up keeping Cloud, Vincent, and Cid. They happen to be my 3 favorite characters from Final Fantasy VII. Cid was kept as my healer, summoner, etc.

My favorite group is Cloud, Red XIII, and Vincent, Usually using Red as a party buffer/healer while the others do the majority of the damage. My most effective group which I just used the last time I beat FF7 (A week ago) was Cloud, Yuffie, Cid, which is the only group I have ever been able to defeat Ruby and Emerald with. Then again this is also the first play through I have actually bred a gold Chocobo, and ive beaten this game 7 times :x3: Also this group Killed both Sephiroth forms before he could attack without KOTR.

I used Cloud, Red XIII, and a mix between Barret and Tifa.

I used them all very heavily to get their levels up and their Limit Breaks in posession, but with Cloud being the main character, Red XIII being my favorite, I always played them in my party. THen it was just a matter of preference for Barret and Tifa or who I felt like using at that part of the game or to level up.

You HAD to have Cloud in your team, so...Cloud was in mine all the time, lol, and I wouldn't have wanted to get rid of him anyway, lol, unless to make a girl team of Tifa, Aeris, and Yuffie. :D

Well, I always usually have Cloud, Tifa, and Barret because I was told by my brother that they were the better ones to have at the time of the game before you get Cid. I was really clueless about video games back then because previous to FF7, I only played Pokemon. FF7 was basically my first real RPG and so I just listened to whatever my brother said was right and true. I already explained Cloud, so Tifa...well, yeah, besides her being the better over others, I always have to have at least one girl in the party because, well, I'm a girl and most of the characters are guys and most of the stong characters are the guys and it just gets tiring to see guys and see them be the fighters all the time. Also, because, stereotypically I know, having a girl in the team always reminds me to heal. I guess it's because the girls are usually weaker, so it'd be better for them to...oh, god. Now I just sound bad. I'm sorry. -_- Not just any girl, though; a strong one, too, so that when no one needs healing, she can fight and so from the start, Tifa is clearly the only option. Plus, I like that she's a martial artist and her limit break is strong and awesome. Barret because my brother said he's second strongest to Cloud, so...yeah. The last time I played, though, I replaced Tifa with Cid to get Aeris at the Forgotten City because I believe he's close or the same to Barret in strength, if not stronger. I decided to try something different.

Well, there weren't really any defining characteristics besides the limit breaks and access to weapons with certain properties.

For general use, Cloud, Yuffie and Cid were my main party. Cloud and Cid had the access to triple growth weapons and Yuffie's conformer did maximum damage when Morphing enemies.

For damage dealing, it was Cloud, Barret and Cid. Omnislash, Ungermax and Highwind were devastating limit breaks.

The team I value in FF7 would certainly be Cloud, Barret and Cid. The Limits, for me, are the be all and end all of the game. It's what you take into Northern Crater, not just the Materia, but the reasons for the Limits are clear; sheer power, and the ability to damage every enemy at once. I guess I'd put all my faith in Omnislash, Catastrophe and Highwind.

I usually go with Cloud, Barret and Tifa. Not only are they my favourites in the story (although I like them all), but Cloud and Barret have amazing limits (while Tifa has a more fun to use limit break). Chucking Barret in the back row is noice too.

One time I tried Yuffie and Vincent, to try them out. I ended up loving that party too, 'cause Yuffie can heal as well as deal decent damage from the back row. As others have said, Vincent has a pretty bad limit but he looks grand and is another back row character. I hear he has good magic stats too? I 'unno.

I'd love to use Aeris in all honesty, but there's something holding me back *adds spoiler tags and stuff in between*.

Cloud/Tifa --- Barret / Cid / Red XIII.

I standard have Cloud (duh) and Tifa in my party. Tifa mainly due to her strong limit break, but she's also my favourite character, so that's a win-win situation. Aside from that usually I have Barret, the original "AVALANCHE" party, if you will. I like to switch Barret off with Red XIII because he's awesome as well. My newest attempt I made on the game was Cid, I really love his character as well. Currently replaying, I think I'll stick with Barret until Cid comes in to the party and go with that one.

For me... really... I can make this shorter by saying who I don't use...

Cait Sith- firstly... he is just annoying, his attack is usually weaker than almost everyone in the party (Minus Aerith). His weapons don't improve that much either. Secondly his limit breaks.. are terrible... Dice is only good once you get up to lvl 30 or 40 with him, and even then it is so unpredictable that he could do 500 or 5000 damage....

And his slot's one... also bad... He tried to be Setzer and from FFVI and failed miserably with this one :mokken:

Yuffie - It isn't that she is terrible.. she actually is pretty good... her limit breaks aren't the greatest, but then again they aren't weak or useless by any means.... I think overall, she just really annoyed me... and her side story... also very annoying :hmph: No materia's and fighting that very annoying boss :mokken:

Aerith- Now for the longest time I did everything in this game...and by everything, yes I mean got her final limit break... I have to say, Square gave her the best limit breaks in the whole game! Healing max HP and MP and get invincibility! and that is the final limit break! Problem with this? well.. it is useless for any boss you fight while you have her! Now, I just stop using her for the most part, and let her die while I'm in the Temple of Ancients, cause usually Cloud and whoever else I bring end up being more powerful and can take on the couple bosses around that place.

now main party that I use...

Cloud... DUH!

Then usually have Tifa/Red XIII

or Barret/Vincent

Then Cid I will use from time to time...

Well originally I picked my main party on who I liked
Then on later playthroughs when I was slightly older I did stuff like trying to get everyones final Limits etc so I spread around my usage a lot more and these days I tend to use the people that suit my style alot more

So in my first playthrough I'd Use Cloud/Tifa/Cid - although Aeris got a lot of a look in early game as I was curious as to how the story would play out wih both of them in the important party scenes.

Secondly - like I say - I tended to spread around my use alot more so it Tended to mainly be Cloud/Barrett/Cid I guess.

And Finally - these days it tends to be Cloud / Tifa / Barret or Yuffie -
Don't ask why; I just think these mishmash suit my playing style - even though i'm fucking dreadful at Tifas slots - I use her as the straight up bruiser type - with deathblow etc. I think one of her weapons has outrageous crit accuracy so that really helps - Then Barrett or Yuffie as my long range character/Healer & cloud as my offensive mage & Secondary bruiser.

I hated Cait Sith as a character up to more recent playthroughs - I think I focused too much on his lame appearance rather than his actual relevance and sacrifice to the story; saying that - I never used him unless I HAD to. Fucking awful limit break.

When I first got Vincent I used him alot due to the kind of exclusivity factor - not many of my friends had found him during 1st or 2nd playthrough and therefore it felt good having him in the party but as I grew up I grew to not like him very much. I don't think he contributed as much in terms of dialogue and his Limit breaks are even worse than cait siths in my opinion.

Aeris - On Shaces point about her limit break - I got it once or twice. But I never struggled enough on any boss to really NEED to grind and get it - and the problem I found was there was no way you'd get her final limit WITHOUT grinding in my opinion - in which case she'd be much stronger than any bosses you fought anyway.
Her physical attacks are slow and weak and those are my preferred methods of damage dealing anyway so that's always a no-no for me

Red XIII - I don't dislike him he just never got much use for me. Not a massive fan of his limit breaks either.

I like to use Cloud, Vincent and Cid since they're my favourite characters. In my first playthrough, though, I used Yuffie instead of Cid because I wanted to try using her and she kind of just stuck. I don't really choose party members for their stats, and FFVII can be pretty easy to beat regardless. They all had cool limit breaks though, even though Vincent's kind of sucked.

Back