Help Adel

FFIXGarnetxZidane

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
OMG! i have tried about every possible way to beat him/her, but i just cant! :(

My team is zell and squall, who are both lvl 30, and irvane which is lvl 17 "i never use him, only rinoa :("

Anyways i just cant beat him, i use cerberus to get the triple magic feature, then i spam flare constantly which takes off 2400

i use shell to protect my team and hero to turn squall invinsable and i constantly spam these attacks and he still won't die!!! how high is his hp?

He is lvl 20 btw :(

OMG! i have tried about every possible way to beat him/her, but i just cant! :(

My team is zell and squall, who are both lvl 30, and irvane which is lvl 17 "i never use him, only rinoa :("

Anyways i just cant beat him, i use cerberus to get the triple magic feature, then i spam flare constantly which takes off 2400

i use shell to protect my team and hero to turn squall invinsable and i constantly spam these attacks and he still won't die!!! how high is his hp?

He is lvl 20 btw :(

Adel is a female haha

Anyway, according to FF wiki, at lvl 20, her HP is 25,000.

FFwiki has some tips on beating her: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Adel_(Boss)

The easiest strategy according to the link above is to use Cactuar's Kamikaze ability. If you do not have Cactuar yet, go get him from Cactuar Island using the Ragnarok. Likewise, if you need to obtain AP to learn Kamikaze, go to Cactuar Island too and use Squall to kill the Cactuars, which will give 20 AP each.

Junction your best magic (e.g. Regen, Curaga, Life or Full-life) on HP for the character who is going to use Kamikaze. The damage dealt will be the character's max HP multiplied by 6. Though the character dies after using the move.

Good luck!

I also suggest you try avoiding using those Heroes, as you will need them when fighting Ultimecia. Keep them and convert them into Holy War Trials. They make your whole party invincible, and I found this to be a lifesaver against the final boss, so try not to use them up against Adel!

IIRC casting Regen on Rinoa is not an efficient tactic as the restore amounts are pretty random. I remember just using curaga on her periodically instead.

Won't let me leave :( squall is liek, i cant leave rinoa like that! D:!! damn

Oops. I just remembered that you can't backtrack once you enter Adel's chamber. Do you perhaps have a save file right before you fight Seifer in the end of disc 3? You should be able to return to the Ragnarok from that point.

Sorry about the mix-up!

The ffwiki strategy that cid linked to is probably the best standard way to win the battle. Forget about Cactuar though for now. If you could get Cactuar at that point Adel would have been a walk in the park. Cactuar has much higher HP than Adel and likes to escape if you take too long.

If you're feeling lucky try another strategy. Raise Squall's strength as much as possible by junctioning the best magic you have to "Str" and also junction Str+20% and Str+40% that Ifrit has, to raise strength even more. Hopefully you've learned at least one of those and you also have a small stock of Meltdowns. Use Meltdown on Adel and go for Limit Breaks with Squall. If he doesn't end it with Fated Circle or Blasting Zone which hits Rinoa too, you will win the battle fairly easy and fast. I go for it sometimes to get it over quickly.

Oops. I just remembered that you can't backtrack once you enter Adel's chamber. Do you perhaps have a save file right before you fight Seifer in the end of disc 3? You should be able to return to the Ragnarok from that point.

Sorry about the mix-up!

Luckily i do :P

I accidently saved twice, and it seems it payed off, my other saved file was right before seifers fight, which works out great because adel is right after that XD

I'm trying to capture the jumbo cactuar, but he keeps fleeing !! urgh

Luckily i do :P

I accidently saved twice, and it seems it payed off, my other saved file was right before seifers fight, which works out great because adel is right after that XD

I'm trying to capture the jumbo cactuar, but he keeps fleeing !! urgh

Once he says 'Jumbo Cactuar is hesitating', spam all your limit breaks till it dies. Time is crucial here.

here's a detailed strategy:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Jumbo_Cactuar_(Final_Fantasy_VIII)

However, if you are really finding the battle difficult, then as Styx said, it's not really recommended. Perhaps you can spend time junctioning the best magic into your stats. Here's a detailed table on magic and junctioning: http://risland.thefinalfantasy.com/ff8/sq20.shtml
For more information on how to obtain each magic, you can search for the details in this website: http://guides.gamercorner.net/ffviii/

Actually, FFVIII is very easy if you just keep using Squall's Renzokuken after casting Aura on him/intentionally lowering his HP. So you might want to consider this arguably cheap but efficient strategy.

For the Jumbo Cactuar if you are having difficulty one tip is just to spam Leviathan, but to make it easier make sure who ever is summoning it has 900+ friendship with it. That makes the summoning quick, and to help support the person using Leviathan by casting water. That should at least help you out some.

Back