FF - All the Bravest is...

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
I came across this article in Final Fantasy Network: http://www.finalfantasy.net/mobile-dlg/final-fantasy-bravest-insult-fans-series/

Watch this for a clearer illustration of the game:

After reading the article and watching the video, my disappointment on SE has gone way up. This game is not only an insult to FF fans, but it is also such an insult to human intelligence, IMO.

Just look at the video... from what I can infer, there's literally nothing playable in the game except mindlessly swiping the screen. And I mean it. You can't choose who to target, you can't choose the moves to use. All equipments and classes obtained are automatically gained. No customization, etc. They did not even take an effort to allow white mages cast healing magic on her allies. All moves are just attacking moves camouflaged soullessly as a shiny final fantasy move. They might have thought that players are too lazy to tap. So even swiping alone is enough to win the 'game'.

That's not the worst part. I think it's still alright if the game is free, and is meant to target casual smartphone players who just like to see shiny sprites automatically battling monsters during their tea time (by the looks of it, you can even play this game while doing something else).

The thing is... this 'game' is extremely blatant and shameless in terms of money grubbing. The fact that the game itself costs $4.99 alone justifies this. Want a famous FF character? Sure. Buy it for $0.99. But it's randomized, so you may get a character you hate. Who knows if you have to pay $30 before you obtain FFVII's Cloud. And all that will amount to nothing, as your 'Cloud' will just be another soulless character you can't customize or control. And just look at the extra locations and revival item prices. Oh gosh...

In a nutshell, I feel insulted as an FF fan, for the fact that this game exists. It's almost as if SE is trying to convert all her fans into haters.

I watched a video on this game on Friday and I have to agree. :sad3: The person who came up with this game and the people who agreed to make it are so out of touch. :lew:

I'm not really sure what SE were thinking. How could anyone label this game as 'enjoyable' or even 'worthwhile'? I thought Theatrhythm was shameless in terms of money-grabbing, but this is quite honestly in a different league which makes Theatrhythm appear positively angelic. :/

These are quite common "games" you find for MOBAGE phone platforms in Japan. The difference here being that the west is starting to see them come over. And still, kudos to the team behind this with their one straightforward goal of vacuuming money from loyal fans and people who are even casually interested in Final Fantasy and who aren't sure what exactly this game is. It's clearly working because last I checked, it's the third most paid for iOS game since it came out, and is likely to be at number 1 in the Japanese iOS charts as we speak.

This is a good short term strategy, along with their other social and mobile games and the Lightning Saga to help recuperate losses from the FFXIV train wreck. But in the long term, well, everyone is currently carrying a shovel and everyone is still digging despite the hole being a mile deep. It's no wonder that the Final Fantasy name is now seen as a joke and it's no wonder that Square-Enix, once voted best developer back in 2006, is as ubiquitously slammed as it is now.

I normally defend iOS efforts, because a lot of them can be decent to good. More attempts like the Chaos Rings and FF Dimensions games are good, despite the latter's pricing structures. But a gashapon "game" is just shameless. It deserves all the panning it can get.

I thought Theatrhythm was shameless in terms of money-grabbing, but this is quite honestly in a different league which makes Theatrhythm appear positively angelic. :/

Theatrhythm 3DS is relatively good value for money. It's significantly more of a cash cow on iOS because of its pricing structures. And honestly, I wouldn't bad-talk Theatrhythm without trying it first (I don't know if you have). I dismissed it as a lazy moneymaker back when it was announced, until I had a free go at it from iOS and found the thing surprisingly addictive. It's certainly leagues above this crap.

This sort of thing really makes me lose faith in humanity. Someone could sell shit and everyone will throw their money at it and happily just lap it all up. It makes me very sad. :(

That's it.

I was maybe assuming it before, but SE truly and honestly believes that their fanbase are dumb-asses. What a fucking insult to us all. New fans and older fans.

This is just, unacceptable.

Ehh, I don't know what to think anymore. I guess it's cool if it makes them money and all. I'm never gonna play it though. I'll wait for the main console games. I'm sure there are little kids that'll like something like this. Also lazy people that just want to swipe.

-shrugs-

I have seen this and I've been wondering for a long time why anyone would sit down and develop this. Knowing the fans of your genre, why would a company put out such a sad, sad thing such as ATB? I mean it can't really be just about money can it?

the thing that irritates me the most is the reviving one at a time. another is that i see so much potential in this. such as choosing specific attacks before hand so that despite it being random attack, you still have more control other than tapping. the idea isnt so horrible, in the end this game is meant to collect more ff sprites but still it could offer so much more than that. mini games and some other alternate playing. heck even play against another player jidk maybe it does, i only had five minutes with the game

Back