Marzgurl's review of XIII

Given the timing of this video release in conjunction with Spoony's, I couldn't help but compare it to his videos so far and see how stark the contrast and different approaches are. What Spoony made, while funny and full of what you would expect from the guy, is really just a series of long, often disjointed and in his own words - obsessive compulsive - rants, and therefore not really a review. It's purely to entertain. Marz actually produces something insightful to a casual viewer who isn't all that informed about the recent goings-on with the franchise and Square-Enix.

I'm not that fussed about the lack of familiar FF musical scores though. Sure, she makes a point that it was silly to barely have any of them in there, throwing them out in favour of forgettable tracks in their place, but that wouldn't have changed anything. Familiar music wouldn't ameliorate a single percentage of my gripes with the game and its godawful game design. And I was waiting for that comparison to FFX. FFX's game design, while not as bad as FFXIII, has that similar DNA to FFXIII and still something I hold against the game.

However, FFXIII reviews are a bit redundant now. I don't expect Marz to have any new take on the topic that we haven't all heard of yet. It's kind of too late for this.

How Final Fantasy... Was almost racist.

But on a serious note, I feel like they took everything okay about the game (besides the maps) and criticized it. I'm actually pretty annoyed that I sat through the whole thing :monster:

How Final Fantasy... Was almost racist.

But on a serious note, I feel like they took everything okay about the game (besides the maps) and criticized it. I'm actually pretty annoyed that I sat through the whole thing :monster:

I commend you on being able to sit through that whole review. I only got about halfway through and then left. On top of her voice being extremely annoying, she can't stay on topic to save her life and it sounds like more of a rant than a review.

Back