Nintendo Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

^ Not really going to discuss this much but that is just your opinion and I am not forced to respect it. You give very shallow evidence on why you think it is "shit" Wait, it does not get anywhere? What do you even mean by that? The anime has about 760+ episodes at the moment and you say it got nowhere? You think it is automatically shit because of Ash? Is that your only sole reason? lol. Trainers do not really catch legendary Pokemon in the anime as easily as like in the games. Ash "forgets his memory" every region because it is like he is starting anew again. He truly cannot become a Pokemon master because yes, he does act like he is 10 again every new region. He forgets which pokemon are which sometimes because it is believed he is a new trainer. The only memories he ever keeps are about Pikachu and some of his forgotten pokemon.

"We are done" That is quite the attitude you have there. Of course you are not being forced to watch EVERY episode available. Some are very much filler but some are very much plot heavy also. Why do you think Iris always says "What a kid" to Ash? It is because he is ACTING like a new trainer.

To put this into play, Ash's voice did change a few times. Do you even know that Ash is voiced by a girl? Yeah well Ash acts beyond 10 sometimes, but since he loves pokemon and loves visiting new regions, it always seems like he prefers Pokemon from the new regions. Old Pokemon are a huge deal in the newer regions and maybe ash refuses to use them? He feels like a child again so he wants to use Pokemon from the new regions like everybody else? He is shown to remember lots in episodes and even the movies. I wouldn't say he suffers from traumatic memory loss unless he begins a new journey. He always ruins the Lead female's bike every region, and it is a trend that will probably keep going.

Types? Again, it is possible he is so absorbed into being a new trainer with new Pokemon that he forgot how things work. Evidence in pretty much the first 20 episodes of Best Wishes.

You can argue more stupid things than just Ash. What about Team rocket? They seem to be joke characters just for some hilarity in the show. Ash and his friends never know who they are after so many years when they dress up. Sure, it is quite sad that they do not, but would that not ruin team rocket as joke characters? Imo it sure would. :)

I love it when you argue. It's just so funny. :jess:

760+ episodes of an anime show doing nothing but spinning its heels and going round in huge circles? You even admit that Ash pretty much seems to be reset every time he enters a new region that was magicked up from nowhere all of a sudden, given how he seems to go back to zero with progress. Is Pikachu seriously not unstoppable by now? He's had, what? Nearly 20 years of experience with fighting. Surely he can easily stop Team Rocket's hearts with even the smallest spark by now. Hell, his Iron Tail should be able to make him a one-mouse wrecking ball by now.

The anime has done fuck all since its first series, doing the most minimal of changes over a long space of time and pretty much resetting Ash to null each time they give him a new series. There is no progress because there is no definable ending. He will never be a Pokémon master. The Pokémon anime is deliberately as super conservative as this because small children like repetition, and their target audience of children come and go, so the current 4 year olds in Japan wouldn't have seen Pokémon beforehand to care that the current show is still pretty much the same as the first. I won't even need to watch the modern episodes to know that ever since 1996, the "writers" have been on cruise control ever since. Hey, as long as it makes a shitload of money and ratings are still astronomically high, I guess.

But Nayr is right. This isn't the thread to discuss a rubbish anime show.

I may consider getting X or Y if I ever get my hands on a 3DS, given my housemates have been bugging me to get into the Pokémon spirit as well. I mean, if I have the patience for games like Disgaea and Tactics Ogre, I'll have patience for Pokémon, you would surely think...

I love it when you argue. It's just so funny. :jess:

760+ episodes of an anime show doing nothing but spinning its heels and going round in huge circles? You even admit that Ash pretty much seems to be reset every time he enters a new region that was magicked up from nowhere all of a sudden, given how he seems to go back to zero with progress. Is Pikachu seriously not unstoppable by now? He's had, what? Nearly 20 years of experience with fighting. Surely he can easily stop Team Rocket's hearts with even the smallest spark by now. Hell, his Iron Tail should be able to make him a one-mouse wrecking ball by now.

The anime has done fuck all since its first series, doing the most minimal of changes over a long space of time and pretty much resetting Ash to null each time they give him a new series. There is no progress because there is no definable ending. He will never be a Pokémon master. The Pokémon anime is deliberately as super conservative as this because small children like repetition, and their target audience of children come and go, so the current 4 year olds in Japan wouldn't have seen Pokémon beforehand to care that the current show is still pretty much the same as the first. I won't even need to watch the modern episodes to know that ever since 1996, the "writers" have been on cruise control ever since. Hey, as long as it makes a shitload of money and ratings are still astronomically high, I guess.

But Nayr is right. This isn't the thread to discuss a rubbish anime show.

I may consider getting X or Y if I ever get my hands on a 3DS, given my housemates have been bugging me to get into the Pokémon spirit as well. I mean, if I have the patience for games like Disgaea and Tactics Ogre, I'll have patience for Pokémon, you would surely think...

It makes it all the better when you get into it :jess:

You would think that Pikachu is unstoppable but that has been proven wrong. Paul beats Ash's Pikachu even if Zekrom removed Pikachu's electrical abilities. It also failed without those abilities in pretty much the first few episodes of best wishes. I would not call pikachu unstoppable by now. The anime has much more stuff to it than the games. For instance you can take into account that sometimes the anime provides confusing things that do not even happen in the game. You cannot tell your pokemon to dodge in the games, you cannot tell them to hit the wall etc etc. So by your logic you assume that the anime is like the games when it is nothing even like that. I would love to see Pikachu beat Regice in the games like the anime. Unfortunately that will never happen. It provides exaggerated feelings UNLIKE the game. Only a few things are referenced in the games. For instance, Legendary pokemon.

Legendary pokemon in the games are super powerful, but in the anime they are shown to be easily beaten. You must just go on with this and stop thinking Pikachu is Uber level 999 or something because that is FALSE. Yes, it has so much experience by now but it also has the same moves. It is possible by battling so much Pikachu might not be uberly powerful. It has lost NUMEROUS times in the show.

Mind telling me how Pansage can learn solarbeam in the show so fast? It is naturally impossible for that pokemon to learn Solarbeam at the start of the region. Why does every legendary pokemon have the move hyper beam in the anime? Half of them don't even learn the move unless TAUGHT. Also, the show does not follow the 4 moves logic like in the games.

It is hard to follow what you are saying here. Pikachu is nothing special.

"The anime has done fuck all" I find that hilarious... really I do. Okay then if it has done fuck all can you tell me why it is so popular? People seem to love the show. Maybe you just hate it? Ever thought of that? Also, you are not really the person who has lots of pokemon experience. Dunno why you are bothering with this.

WHAT WHAT. Didnt you just say Ash gets reset every time? So what you say does not make sense I am afraid. Pikachu does not know EVERY TYPE OUT THERE and it isnt uber powerful because Ash trained it. Furthermore, you did just say Ash is stupid and he trained pikachu... so how can it be super powerful? IF ASH IS STUPID THAT SHOULD MEAN PIKACHU SUCKS.

Small children like repetition? Okay....... what. It follows the games and it will always be that way where Ash goes through the region to try and enter the pokemon league. That is like me going to change mario and remove peach from the equation. Pokemon wont change. I think you should get over it. The games make changes, but the show will always be get the badges and get into the league kind of like how mario needs to rescue Peach from Bowser. :hmmm:

Okay, by now if you do not see pokemon progressing.. there is something terribly wrong. It makes so much money and does not need to change. There is a certain time where things happen in pokemon.

In the pokemon movies, Ash dies constantly but is revived. This shows that he cannot possibly die, and that he cannot possibly ever be forced out of the friendship with Pokemon that he has developed.

A) Ash starts his journey and takes a pokemon

B) Ash breaks any lead female's bike.

C) Ash forgets about his pokemon he had previously because he is a new trainer.

D) Ash loses even if Pikachu supposively had so much experience. Pikachu is not uber powerful like you say it is. Levels are completely irrelevant in this discussion.

E) Ash forgets typings sometimes. His friends constantly mock him, but Ash still seems to know strategy. He is not "10" He just acts it until something gets across his mind.

F) One gym leader or two join Ash on his journey because he/she sees Ash as a good candidate for the pokemon league.

G) Ash gets so much experience and becomes a really good trainer throughout the region, but still might lose. For instance, he only came in the top 15 of the indigo league.

H) Ash loses to his rivals and always wants revenge. Same with the other characters who have rivals.

I) Pikachu is ash's only pokemon he truly cares about to bring anywhere. He saved Pikachu's life and it is pretty self explanatory. When he leaves Pikachu behind in battle, Pikachu usually is sad indicating that it wants to battle.

Finally

J) When the region is over, Ash retains few memories of his friends and the pokemon he met on his journey. He meets a new professor and considers it the first time he met professor oak. You would think that if he forgets his memory he would not recognize his old friends right? He still does recognize previous gym leaders and opponents. Do not get your head into "Ash is 10 every region constantly and loses his memory"

Now that I got all of that down.... Pokemon still moves on and it is not just going in circles. I think each region Ash is faced with even more tough challenges and he will become a pokemon master when he deems he is. Remember that you have to take into account it is his dream to become a pokemon master. It is done on purpose. It is up to your imagination to think what a pokemon master really is. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Master

The reason Ash is like this is probably why Pikachu never evolves.

What does it mean to him? Clearly it means to be a good battler and not to capture every single pokemon. Ash is never shown to catch legendary pokemon.

I said I did not want to discuss this so We should get back to the original thread which is about X and Y. I don't want to form an argument here. It could be done elsewhere.

Yes, I have always been telling you to get back to pokemon and it is nice your housemates are pestering you.

Please remember that this thread is about Pokemon X and Y, not the frivolous details of the anime. Thanks, guys (and gals)!

New stuff on Mewtwo's new forme.

During today's episode of Oha Suta, a new trailer for the upcoming movie Extremsepeed Genesect: Mewtw Awakens has been revealed. This trailer provides the first true footage of the new Mewtwo form and provides a further glimpse into the movie's plot.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Anybody else feel like this is Mewtwo's TRUE FORME? Just look at the way it transforms. It almost seems like the new Mewtwo is inside him. It looks evil!

Okay full trailer posted. Mewtwo had this power all along and now that the Genesect's are destroying everything he finally uses it? I hope this is explained.

After escaping from Team Plasma, the Genesect get distressed because the place they knew as their home before they died has been completely changed by sweeping snowstorms. They head to New Tork City wanting to regain their former home. Mewtwo senses their voices as, just like the Genesect, it too was created by human hands, born from the genes of Mew. Ash and friends arrive in New Tork City, having travelled there in order to check out Pokemon Hills but then the Genesect show up, and the super fast Red Genesect fires off an energy ball towards Satoshi and the other yelling out "ELIMNATE THE ENEMY" Mewtwo sweeps in and blocks the attack

The official site has updated with further details on this movie. Firstly, it has labelled the new form as Awakened Mewtwo. It is currently unclear if this is the official form name or just a label for the sake of association,

Last edited:
/Double post again but I thought it would be fun to show some rumours which are spreading recently.

RUMOUR: Xerneas, Yveltal + Sylveon’s Types & Fairy Type?

rumours-feat1.png

Before we begin we must clarify that whatever is said is NOT to be considered fact.

During the days of Generation V reveals a contact leaked information on numerous Pokémon that later proved to be real. This same source—who apparently has ‘connections’—has said that later today they will reveal the type information for Xerneas, Yveltal and Sylveon as well as a new type. Like we said anything said is not to be considered fact until it is proven 100% real, but there’s a slim possibility we’re in for something.

The individual has posted saying that the new type is indeed Fairy Type as many fans have previously speculated.​
• Xerneas is said to be Fairy Type.
• Sylveon is also said to have the new Fairy typing.
• Yveltal gets Dark/Flying typing.

Update: Clefairy is said to have it’s type altered. No word on Snubbull yet though. Both of these Pokémon are classified as the ‘Fairy Pokémon’.

THIS IS NOT FACT. JUST A RUMOUR. It comes from a somewhat reliable source though. It comes from Hirobyte who previously leaked some of generation V.

http://pokejungle.net/2013/04/21/upcoming-rumour-xerneas-yveltal-and-sylveons-typing/

Personally I think it is a bit of bs. Xerneas should be duel typed if Yveltal will be Dark flying.

Why do we need a new type if we already have 17?

What do you think of this "Fairy type"

Corocoro leaked!

New pokemon!

corocoro5131.jpg

corocoro5132.jpg

corocoro5133.jpg

corocoro5134.jpg

corocoro5135.jpg

Pokemon on the right= Gogogat. (ゴーゴート literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech

The lizard is called Elikiteru (エリキテル) and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricity

The bird is called Yayakoma (ヤヤコマ) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg. It announces itself with a beautiful voice. It can use the move Nitro Charge

The panda is called Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark
There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking. It also promises more information on Gogoat on a later page.

The game is set in the Karos Region which appears to be based on France. You can customise your trainer slightly with hair colour and skin shade. Main city is Miare City which is where it is seen to ride Gogoat

Wow! I am so impressed with the character designs! I frickin love the female design and the Male also. Customization of trainers now is just going to be so awesome! Hair colour and the skin shades that is,

The Female design looks so European and I truly love that. Okay, as for the pokemon. They look cool. You can actually ride The bull goat in game? That is awesome! I think I like the bull the most out of these.

The bird looks okay ish. I mean it cannot possibly get worse than Pidove. I see that Lizard having lots of potential for evolutions. New moves confirmed every gen as always. Awesome.

The Panda is awesome, and I can truly see it becoming something cool as an evo!

Region based on France! Of course that was obvious already but I am so excited.

The box arts are really cool.

Source: Serebii

While I'm not big on the French-based region, that fire starter pokémon -along with the Panda, who may be my first not mixed type fighting pokémon choice- look so cool!

Character design wise, I do prefer the Female. The male character just looks kinda Generic imo... Then again, you can edit details so.. :lew:

The whole riding pokémon dealio is really awesome! I hope they introduce this for other pokémon- I always wanted to ride a rapidash as a kid. XD

I hope there's cross-generation pokémon- I'm not quite keen on this Gen's "Starting area Flyer" pokémon (And that- to me- is what that appears to be).

Great news update though! Elhaym Van Houten

More "leaks"

This time from Pokebeach

Take this with a grain of salt, folks.

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor's English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Yeah, yeah I know! It seems like just a another rumour but this time it has a more trustworthy source. Patrice does seem like a French name and the region is set in Karos(based on France)

Okay the only part I do not believe is Mewtwo having another forme. One is enough. Christ. The starter evolution parts seems believable. That is what I predicted as well.

What do you think?

Source: Pokebeach

I hope Fairy is a type because we're long due for a new type and it would fuck up the metagame a lot which is hilarious to me. The new Pokemon designs are good (the lizard will take some getting used to) and I really want the panda :jess: I hope there is another elephant Pokemon because I like Phanphy but I need a water elephant. Hope they announce the English names and whatnot soon :grin:

^ I would not say we are long due for a new type. Honestly, Dark and Steel were introduced in Generation II because psychic dominated in GEN I.

Anyway, looks like the Pokedex is divided into 3 sections for X and Y. Central Karos, Coastal Karos, and Mountain Karos. Looks similar to the habitat pokedex in white 2 and black 2.

corocoro5138.jpg

It is interesting nonetheless.

^

I don't know if I like the dex for this Generation. Obviously, Gamefreak are aiming for a tablet lookalike(That's what it seems to be to me), but as a non-fan of touchscreen interfaces(I have an ipod touch and smartphone... I still prefer texting via webtext).

I would like a new type though. I would like to see some balance into Dragon. I still hope the new "eeveelution" is Ghost though... I heard that rumour.

That habitat dex is interesting...Though, did they not have that aspect in Fire Red/Leaf Green aswell? 0.0

17.jpg

More news! This time with the English names of the four pokemon, the region's English name, and also a brand new trailer!

Gogoat keeps its name in English.

Elikiteru is known as Helioptile in English

Yayakoma is known as Fletchling in English

Yancham is known as Panchum in English.

Karos= Kalos in English

Miare city= Lumiose City in English

Region!

karos.jpg

Boxart

box.jpg

Confirmation of New outfits and accessories for your trainer.

Here is a brand new trailer

Moves

Parting remark= Parting shot

Parabola charge= Parabolic charge.

I am so excited. This looks to be the best pokemon game yet. I am sure everyone can agree by the trailer that Pokemon has changed direction. It looks so awesome and for the first time ever we can change clothes as a trainer. I am going to love these games. The boxart is rather beautiful, and I love the new Region. Nice break from the linear Unova we got.

I cannot wait to ride a Gogoat!

Oh wow.

I think I will be getting A 3DS now. I have to get this game.

It looks beautiful 0.0...

Although, I'm not very pushed on the Region... I'll never be converted until I play this game.

I would like to see *X legendary* as a grass type though, it'd be great to have a mix-up this time.

Here are some screens. Enjoy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

Credit: Serebii

New mechanics include Rollerblades that appear to be attached to the trainer's shoes, Riding pokemon(Gogoat can only be ridden in Lumiose city as of now) and your trainer can change clothes back at their house.

I really love the way the region is. It is so different compared to the others.

Massive e3 update incoming.

Pokemon X and Y introduces Fairy Type! The rumours are true, people!

Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, Sylveon, and Marill are all going to be fairy type. Fairy type is known to be super effective against Dragons.

Two new pokemon were also revealed. Noivern and Vivillon.

Noivern is classified as the Sound wave pokemon and is flying/dragon. Vivillon is a Bug/flying type.

Sylveon has a new move called Moonblast(Fairy) which can do massive damage, but also lowers the attack of Sylveon.

Boomburst is also a new move. It is a new multi attack so watch the field! Noivern learns it.

You can also now groom your own pokemon. Pet, touch, feed them, and play with them. It will increase the bond with your pokemon!

A new gameplay trailer was also shown.

Noivern

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_06-11-13_013.png_600.jpg

Vivillon

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_06-11-13_015.png_600.jpg

Fairy destroys dragon

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_06-11-13_016.png_600.jpg

I am liking Noivern. He looks pretty awesome. Did we really need another moth? Also, I am not bothered by Fairy type. I think it is finally time dragons have to be eliminated and stop dominating.

Source: Gematsu

Did we REALLY need another generic butterfly thing? Really? The dragon thing looks alright, but the butterfly thing...meh. Seen one Pokemon butterfly/moth, seen them all. Come on, Game Freak. There are a fuckton of animal designs you haven't even touched yet; stop falling back on the bugs. You're doing such a good job with Gen V at the moment; don't wreck it with more of these mediocre or ugly designs.

That aside, I can't honestly say I mind the new Fairy type - it shows a little more creativity than the Light-type the fans have been screaming for since the second generation, and more variety is always a good thing. Dark and Steel didn't hurt the franchise, maybe something new is just what is needed to spice things up. I doubt it'll fix the severely broken metagame, but nothing short of a severe redesign of the game mechanics could do that.

October 12th is a Saturday...odd choice for a release date. Also a nuisance, because it means I'll have to go out on a Saturday to buy a copy, and I hate going out on Saturdays. But eh, I'll take that over the following Friday.

Ohhh I love the new pokemon. Even the Moth thing, it's the cutest moth since beautifly!

The flying dragon guy is ok, though I am kind of over flying/dragon types. We need a dragon that is not double weak to ice...

Glad some older pokemon are now fairy types. Makes Jigglypuff and Clefairy much more interesting, I'll probably even use one now!

Can't wait to hear more!

Got to update again. The developer's round table just finished about an hour or two ago.

New pokemon and new mechanics were shown.

Male trainer's name is Xavier, whilst the female is Yvonne.

Talonflame is the evolved form of Fletchling and is type fire/flying. It can use the move brave bird.

Clauncher is a water type crab who can use the move crabhammer.

Skrelp is a Water/poison type pokemon.

A new feature called player search will be new to x and Y.

Player search is a new feature that allows you to connect, battle, and trade with other players around you. This means that if you use the feature, other trainers will appear during your adventure and you may battle them or etc. Local play and wi-fi is supported.

In other news, Pokemon X and Y also have a new horde battle mechanic. This makes 5 wild pokemon attack you. There are also new sky battles which flying pokemon, or pokemon with levitate can participate in it. Fly must be known.

The game at launch will support a variety of languages such as English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Korean, or Spanish.

New gameplay showing off new pokemon and the new mechanics.

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_06-11-13_032.jpg

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_06-11-13_036.png_600.jpg

Talonflame

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_06-11-13_035.png_600.jpg

Skrelp

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_06-11-13_034.png_600.jpg

Clauncher

Lastly, Gogoat is not the only rideable pokemon. Rhyhorn was shown to be ridable in rocky terrain.

Skrelp looks very interesting. It reminds me of a poison horsea shaped pokemon. Talonflame looks really cool and I wonder if it will get an evolution since the regional birds usually have 3 stages. Clauncher looks cool as well. The new hoard battle looks insane! 5 pokemon at once! I also like the new sky battles.

Source: Gematsu

Omg the fire bird is amazing, I always liked fletchling but now I will 100% have him in my team. He is badarse.

I hope he gets a 3rd evolve but Tailow didn't so maybe he wont either.

I'm unsure about that Skrelp thing, It's kinda cute I suppose.
I'll have to watch the video's when I get home.

Back