Nintendo Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

New pokemon announced, no name but seems to be a new mewtwo form

Mewtwo_forme_battle.png

[insert rage comment here]

Pokemon X and Y adds new Mewtwo-like Pokemon

It's not Mewtwo, but he sure looks like him.

A new legendary Pokemon similar in appearance to Mewtwo will make an appearance in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, Nintendo has announced.

The Pokemon, still to be named, shares “many traits” with Mewtwo, who first debuted in Pokemon Red and Blue. But many questions surround him.

“What is this new Pokemon? How will you encounter it in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y?”

Pokemon-X-and-Y_2013_04-06-13_008.jpg

Source: http://gematsu.com/2013/04/pokemon-x-and-y-adds-new-mewtwo-like-pokemon

I actually like it! It looks a little more evil than its predecessor. It is most likely Mewthree considering it has no name atm but we will see! I hope it is not a Mewtwo form personally. I hope this is an all new pokemon. The new movie will probably star this new pokemon considering Mewtwo is vs Genesect in it. It could be a form, but it could also be an all new pokemon.

So what do you think? Is your childhood destroyed? Do you like this design even though it looks like Mewtwo's tail is now attached to his head?

Some crazy woman says it looks cuter. :hmmm:

Last edited:
7nwRiHl.gif

Look how cute and non-threatening he looks in the render! :jess:

I'll give the design some credit. With something on its head (evidently he cut off his tail and reattached it to his cranium) that looks like something a Twi'lek from Star Wars would have, and toes shaped like that, Not!Mewtwo looks a lot more like a horrific lab experiment gone horribly wrong than Mewtwo ever did.

it's kawaii as fuck

Look how cute and non-threatening he looks in the render! :jess:

tumblr_m3q0k3gOEe1qlms3vo1_500.gif

Don't know what your definition of cute is. Mew is the only cute mew.

They officially say themselves that this new Mew has piercing eyes. Look at it. Mewtwo has Purple eyes, and Mew has blue, while this new one has red. Hmmm could be something up here. No forme change has ever really changed the eye colour of any pokemon so it seems to point at a new Mew. Blue + red = purple.

However, Lightning has possibly invaded pokemon!

This Pokémon was first leaked in a promotional pamphlet of the Present Guide for the movie Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens, replacing Mewtwo on the poster with a caption calling it the Eclair Forme. However, soon afterwards it was revealed by Pokémon Smash, though without saying it is actually a Mewtwo form with the official sites stating it as a new Pokémon. Its details are not currently known

Eclair forme?

I expect it to be lightning fast then. You should know what I mean.

Last edited:
I thought maybe it was a new Middle evolve for mew and mewtwo.
You'd get mew, it'd evolve into the new one (which looks half like mew and half like mewtwo) and then mewtwo would be a last evolve... though I'm probably very wrong hahaha

(which looks half like mew and half like mewtwo) and then mewtwo would be a last evolve... though I'm probably very wrong hahaha

I agree I think it's like a new second evolving in between the two stages. The unknown stage 2 of mewtwo perhaps? Going by the colored eye theory, Mew's blue eyes and this new one's red eyes would equal purple mewtwo's color so... :hmmm: Mew -> Unknown pokemon -> Mewtwo?

I think the poster a above meant purple - blue = red :lew:

I'm glad someone else thinks my theory isn't ridiculous haha he does kind of look like a mix of the two, I can't see why he wouldn't be a middle evolve...
Serebii says that it has been confirmed to be closely related to Mewtwo... so it's either a new form, new evolve or a middle evolve between mew and mewtwo....I bet though it'll be a new form. They seem to like adding new forms with every new generation.

Nothing can evolve into Mewtwo because Mewtwo is a clone of the original Mew and only one is known to have survived the experiment. Mew evolving is an entirely different matter, though. A new forme for Mewtwo seems to be the most plausible explanation, but how it changes formes remains to be seen.

I'm glad someone else thinks my theory isn't ridiculous haha he does kind of look like a mix of the two, I can't see why he wouldn't be a middle evolve...
Serebii says that it has been confirmed to be closely related to Mewtwo... so it's either a new form, new evolve or a middle evolve between mew and mewtwo....I bet though it'll be a new form. They seem to like adding new forms with every new generation.

No no no.

Legendary pokemon do not evolve. That is fact. Phione cannot even evolve to Manaphy and is only obtainable by breeding. It will not be an evolution. How can Mewtwo evolve if it was created? It is just a pokemon that was made with Mew's genes. Serebii also said like I said above that it could be a possible "Eclair Forme" but pokemon smash did not say it IS Mewtwo. So it could be a possible form but also a new pokemon. At any rate we will find out soon as Corocoro should leak soon.

This possible Mewthree looks nothing like Mew to be honest :lew: Mewtwo yes, but not mew.

Though the interesting thing here like I said above is that this new Mew has red eyes. No legendary Pokemon EVER changes their eye colour upon changing form. Mewtwo has purple eyes, Mew Has blue eyes and New mew has red eyes. Mix red and blue and you get purple. It is created with both of their genes or something.

Though the interesting thing here like I said above is that this new Mew has red eyes. No legendary Pokemon EVER changes their eye colour upon changing form. Mewtwo has purple eyes, Mew Has blue eyes and New mew has red eyes. Mix red and blue and you get purple. It is created with both of their genes or something.

This is wrong, though. Meloetta, Keldeo, and Rotom all change eye colors between forms. Not to mention that because of Mew's DNA, it's thought to be the ancestor of all Pokemon.

This is wrong, though. Meloetta, Keldeo, and Rotom all change eye colors between forms. Not to mention that because of Mew's DNA, it's thought to be the ancestor of all Pokemon.

Keldeo does not change eye colour when going into resolute form. Meloetta can only change its eye colour by using relic song though. Aria forme and Pirouette are meant to be different. I suppose you are right about Meloetta changing eye colour, but I would not class it like that because it has to use a move to change forme. Rotom is not necessarily legendary though. I have no comment on that other than that it has to change it's physical form due to it's other forms being electrical appliances.

Edit: Meloetta kept her eye shape but this new Mew does NOT have Mewtwo's eyes.

Here is a comparison for the hell of it.

tumblr_md5hxvF55g1rhaup2o1_400.jpg

newmewtwo_610.jpg

Last edited:
Double post since nobody responded and there is confirmation.

corocoro4132.jpg

corocoro4133.jpg

CoroCoro also reveals the pieces about the new Pokémon revealed last week. In doing so, it confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape.

corocoro4131.jpg

Official confirmation now. It is not a new pokemon but rather a new forme. Personally it is a little bit of a disappointment but since Mewtwo blends into a completely new shape upon awakening it seems this a is a new found power? I look forward to seeing what it is like.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

I was right, ribbit

That was the best they could do? It's a spawn of Mewtwo and erm, a Kid Buu or two. Eww.

Wait, they replaced Brock in the anime as well (bear in mind I have never watched it beyond some episodes of the original series, and one or two when they're in Johto and Hoenn)? I know they keep replacing the female lead, but Brock too? Isn't everyone sick of Ash yet and his fountain of youth inability to get beyond 10 years of age? Why not just replace everyone except Pikachu?

Because the anime is shit and we're not going to talk about it. The movies are the only exception because they're usually interesting enough to warrant a watch.

That was the best they could do? It's a spawn of Mewtwo and erm, a Kid Buu or two. Eww.

Wait, they replaced Brock in the anime as well (bear in mind I have never watched it beyond some episodes of the original series, and one or two when they're in Johto and Hoenn)? I know they keep replacing the female lead, but Brock too? Isn't everyone sick of Ash yet and his fountain of youth inability to get beyond 10 years of age? Why not just replace everyone except Pikachu?

Huh? What do you mean the best they can do? It is not like it burned so many childhood memories, and if people think that.. they really need to move on. Not to me at least. I actually like the idea because Mewtwo blends into a completely new shape and is being worked on in a test tube once again in the 16th movie. I wonder how scientists got him into the test tube if he is so powerful but I guess we will have to find out. I highly doubt it will be just a forme change. It is blending into a completely new shape. Perhaps this is the true forme and what it was supposed to look like. Either way, it is kinda suspicious that the scientists have caught both Genesect and Mewtwo. Mewtwo is not bad anymore. It is a good pokemon, so this is really interesting. Oh my... they changed Brock lots of times. Once because he had a huge crush on Professor Ivy, and then another because Brock stayed with Ash's mum. Ash is shown to be smarter than 10, but yes every new region he feels like he just started his pokemon journey. He is shown to remember things though.

Manga_Movie_16_10.png

Because the anime is shit and we're not going to talk about it. The movies are the only exception because they're usually interesting enough to warrant a watch.

Except... that is your opinion. The anime is not shit It is actually pretty good where they are at now. Perhaps to you it is shit. I deem it to be enjoyable in most episodes. The movies? I do not agree. I have to say the movies are going extremely downhill from when they first debuted. 3 was pretty bad, 4 was boring, 7 was horribly boring, 11 was boring, 12 was so so and made Arceus look bad, 13 was bad, 14 was so so and 15 was not so good. The only ones that were good imo were 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and maybe 16.

One of the images shows Ash Ketchum and his Pokémon playing around with a couple of movie Pokémon, Sableye and Feraligatr. An image shows a giant cocoon. Ash is shown in one image with Genesect, where Genesect doesn't want to harm him. He is also shown riding on top of it. Scientist are shown working with Genesect. Mewtwo is shown in a large test tube, with the scientists studying it.

It is interesting that Genesect is not harming Ash. Out of all the things... Genesect looks like a killing machine. However, this probably just the Red Genesect and the other 4 purple ones are most likely evil. I think Team Plasma really have a role in this and maybe team rocket once again. This will be interesting. I can see Giovanni and maybe Ghestis involved in this somehow.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pages_from_16th_movie_manga_adaptation_surface

Last edited:
The thing is with going quickly into the series is that Ash never seems to grow older then the age of 10. While he may remember some things from the past series he is shown to have never even aged. He still has the voice crackling trying to break puberty voice. In every new season it's him wanting to start over in a whole brand new region and leave all his pokemon behind except Pikachu. Hell I think he even lost all the other starter ones he ever caught besides the original three. It seems besides that one gym leader battle he had against those regi pokemon, any other time any of his old pokemon would have been useful he never tries to use them.

The anime is shit because it doesn't get anywhere. It may have some good episodes here and there but it is entirely filler and boring. Ash is a terrible trainer who after hundreds of episodes, still doesn't understand type advantages. We are done talking about the shitty anime.

Back