Thought about renaming it to XV?

I think he was talking about the XIII not Versus/XV :elmo:

I do know they had a small tech demo for XIII for PS2... :hmmm:

But back on topic...

Versus being renamed to XV though... ehhh.. expected after so many years... Don't mean I have to 100% agree with it, if they removed it from the Fabula Nova Crystallis I would be more ok with it. :hmmm:

100% agree with this. right now the FNC was just a side projecr for the main series. now it seems that ff15 is still under such project. if it removed itself from the name sake i can possibly be ok with it.

100% agree with this. right now the FNC was just a side projecr for the main series. now it seems that ff15 is still under such project. if it removed itself from the name sake i can possibly be ok with it.

I think... this was one of the first times we ever agreed with each other :gasp:

But seriously I don't see how it would be hard to remove it from the Fabula Nova Crystallis now. Seven years in the making, went from an exclusive PS3 game to both a PS4 and XboxOne game. Got rid of the "XIII" in the name, so why not just remove it from the Fabula Nova Crystallis all together?

I suppose it's kind of like FFXII. It's officially part of Ivalice Alliance, yet it's still a main series entry. I see no difference with XV, just the only complication being that both it and XIII are part of FNC... yet it's also confirmed that VII and X are in the same universe too (though that's not nearly as obvious and honestly I think that was just fan service from SE)

But seriously I don't see how it would be hard to remove it from the Fabula Nova Crystallis now. Seven years in the making, went from an exclusive PS3 game to both a PS4 and XboxOne game. Got rid of the "XIII" in the name, so why not just remove it from the Fabula Nova Crystallis all together?

B-But what about the crystals? And the references to "Fal'cie and l'cie"?

They can't just REMOVE them, can they? Plus, we all know the Lightning special appearance will draw all the players.

Meh, I'm hoping this is successful, then we can hope that Square Enix might be able to put out some real, new material rather than stemming back to an umbrella project that's about... 7-9 years old by now?

On a side note, who played Type-O? How does the FNC mythos tie into that?

They can't just REMOVE them, can they? Plus, we all know the Lightning special appearance will draw all the players.

Meh, I'm hoping this is successful, then we can hope that Square Enix might be able to put out some real, new material rather than stemming back to an umbrella project that's about... 7-9 years old by now?

I've not played Type 0 for obvious reasons, but I know it's similar to XIII's mythology, but... not quite. L'Cie are treated quite differently, and Fal'Cie don't really have much of a role at all. If anything significant lol

I suppose it's kind of like FFXII. It's officially part of Ivalice Alliance, yet it's still a main series entry. I see no difference with XV, just the only complication being that both it and XIII are part of FNC... yet it's also confirmed that VII and X are in the same universe too (though that's not nearly as obvious and honestly I think that was just fan service from SE)

the person confirming them to be in the same universe wasnt the main producer/story writer. Its so easy to say that right now as everything is open water but ff is different from zelda where there is a strong distinction and the main developers are.confirming it. either way FF12 is not part of the ivalice alliance. the ivalice alliance was a group of games to promote ivalice. the two main games in ivalice are still FFtactics and FF12, but they are not a collective series.

Crystals are in other FF games such as ff1, 3, 7, 9 etc. The whole point of Fabula Nova Crystallis project is to share a mythos (legend) and each game interpret it that mythos anyway they want. heck the mythos is more god related than crystal. the changes between each game such as l'cie, falcie, and even the gods that they might aswell be renamed. its not about removing the elements, its just removing the namesake

Crystals are in other FF games such as ff1, 3, 7, 9 etc. The whole point of Fabula Nova Crystallis project is to share a mythos (legend) and each game interpret it that mythos anyway they want. heck the mythos is more god related than crystal. the changes between each game such as l'cie, falcie, and even the gods that they might aswell be renamed. its not about removing the elements, its just removing the namesake

...My post was supposed to be taken as sarcastic. 0.0

you asked the connection of type 0 to FNC. im saying that there really is nothi g but a vague mythos.

Know this topic has not been posted in for 7 months, but want to throw in my 2 cents. I'd hope that if the game is Final Fantasy XV, that it bears to similiarity or reference in terms of story-line to previous installments in the franchise. I want a FFXV that is fresh with ideas, characters, plot, enemies, etc...

Simply scratching the title and most ideas from a failed project seams cheap and dull to me. Final Fantasy games (even one's we don't think are that popular), are big hits. Yes they don't compare to our FFVII's and FFIX's and FFX's. But FFXII, and FFXIII sold a lot of copies and tons of people loved those games in their own ways.

I say, give me a fresh new game with uniqueness to stand alone as FFXV.

I'm a bit disappointed that its not been removed from the fabula nova crystallis project. I wish that project didn't exist or at least wasn't confirmed to the public. Would've made things much easier.

To me having a number suggests that the game is a new entry to the main series of its own, and normally its a series that has no connection to a previous...yet....FF15 is one that has connections to FF13 (another main title) and FF type-0 and i'm not exactly comfortable with that. To me, FF15 will forever loook like the game that needed to be FF15, but never fully deserved it.

The game has been in development for around ten years. When something is worked on for that long, that means it is a rebellious creature that takes it's own life which you didn't expect. At least, that's my experience as a novelist, it might not be the same with games. Anyway, I think it probably spun away from it's original concept enough to warrant a name change. And I wouldn't really want it to be connected to XIII.

Thats part of the problem, the concept hasn't changed one bit. And although i can understand renaming it to something without the "13" in the title, the problem is that its just as connected to FF13 as it originally was. Its still part of the fabula nova crystallis.

But ... i could say that FF13 shot itself when it made its sequels and its more and more apparent how strange.

The concept hasn't changed one bit? How could you make a statement like that? We barely even got a taste of the original concepts. There have been multiple statements from the development team that the development has restarted over and over again throughout the years because of new ideas. It has changed, that's not just something I'm assuming.

The game's version of Etro probably changed too. Perhaps she was originally more connected to her XIII counterpart, whereas now she's more like, y'no, chocobos and stuff. As in, in multiple games, but not necessarily having a link, just being remade into different worlds.

The concept hasn't changed one bit? How could you make a statement like that? We barely even got a taste of the original concepts. There have been multiple statements from the development team that the development has restarted over and over again throughout the years because of new ideas. It has changed, that's not just something I'm assuming.

The game's version of Etro probably changed too. Perhaps she was originally more connected to her XIII counterpart, whereas now she's more like, y'no, chocobos and stuff. As in, in multiple games, but not necessarily having a link, just being remade into different worlds.

For one, its still confirmed to being part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Project. So connections to FF13 will still be there by the Fabula Nova Crystallis. If you have ever thought that FF13 and FFvs13 and FF agito 13 were in the same universe, it was never confirmed. In fact it was confirmed that they only shared the same mythos. And that has not changed one bit. Etro hasn't been confirmed to any major changes.

Second of all, although they asked Tabata to oversee, he has said that Tetsuya Nomura has originally set in place hasn't changed. The change in director is mainly due to streamlining the progress of each game so Tetsuya Nomura can concentrate on Kingdom Hearts.

Thirdly, the changes that "have" been confirmed are not the concept. The changes have been mostly technical. Things such as playing a group of characters in real time. It will mainly be KH.

For one, its still confirmed to being part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Project. So connections to FF13 will still be there by the Fabula Nova Crystallis. If you have ever thought that FF13 and FFvs13 and FF agito 13 were in the same universe, it was never confirmed. In fact it was confirmed that they only shared the same mythos. And that has not changed one bit. Etro hasn't been confirmed to any major changes.

Second of all, although they asked Tabata to oversee, he has said that Tetsuya Nomura has originally set in place hasn't changed. The change in director is mainly due to streamlining the progress of each game so Tetsuya Nomura can concentrate on Kingdom Hearts.

Thirdly, the changes that "have" been confirmed are not the concept. The changes have been mostly technical. Things such as playing a group of characters in real time. It will mainly be KH.

Hold on, I'm not claiming to know any of this, it's you who are making statements based on information we don't have, that was my objection. You're arguing that the concept can't possibly have changed, I'm arguing that it can and that could be responsible for the name change. I am theorizing, you are making false deductions. It goes without saying that none of what you just listed is proof that the concept hasn't changed.

"The concept hasn't changed one bit." That's just an absurd thing to say.

Hold on, I'm not claiming to know any of this, it's you who are making statements based on information we don't have, that was my objection. You're arguing that the concept can't possibly have changed, I'm arguing that it can and that could be responsible for the name change. I am theorizing, you are making false deductions. It goes without saying that none of what you just listed is proof that the concept hasn't changed.

"The concept hasn't changed one bit." That's just an absurd thing to say.
I'm not arguing that the series can't Possibly change. obviously it is possible. However, i'm saying the concept hasn't changed at all.

You are theorizing, i'm telling you the facts. you think i'm making deductions. The fact that its still part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis shows the name change is merely a rebranding and nothing more. obviously story changes could've been made but not because of the rebranding.

But this is what bothers me. The next installment of the main series should always be something new to the series. And honestly FF15 is nothing new. Its basically kingdom hearts gameplay with a tiny sprinkle of FF gameplay.

I really like the fact that they changed it to XV. Not bashing on XIII because I don't mind the series and being a big fan of 13-2, but I feel the game turned into a more stand alone game after being in development for so long. It's not part of the XIII series but at least it's still being made by Fabula Nova Crystallis. I'm counting down the days for the FFXV demo.

It's not part of the XIII series but at least it's still being made by Fabula Nova Crystallis. I'm counting down the days for the FFXV demo.
I like the idea of it not being part of the XIII series, but unfortunately, still associated by XIII by the fabula nova crystallis, i would love it for it to be completely not associated to it at all.

Given that they've not used the name "Fabula Nova Crystallis" under Tabata's directorship (the name hasn't appeared since E3 2013 when it was still under Nomura) and going by a recent interview, there will be no L'Cies in FFXV, it may as well not even be an FNC game anymore. Either way, I don't particularly care, though I think if Versus is now a fully fledged mainline title of its own right, they may as well distance it as much as possible from that aborted compilation.

After all, no one knows how much the original Versus vision has changed in the last couple or a few years.

Back