Thought about renaming it to XV?

black_eclipse

Ex-Soldier
Gil
There was a rumor that Versus XIII will be renamed as XV, but SE confirmed that it is fake.

Even though SE already confirmed it, I think renaming it to XV would make a lot of sense

Why?

- VersusXIII will be freed from the bad reputation of FFXIII
- Being a main title will make it sell better
- It will bring a fresh formula in the main series.

Hush up, FFXIII was a fine game :jtc:

And I call hypocrisy on the brand new formula reasoning. FFXIII *did* that, and some people keep talking crap about it >_>

In fact, I'm confident when Versus does finally come out, plenty of people will bash it black and blue for superficial reasons like that ;A;

Also, Versus was planned from the start to be part of the FNC series, right? Thus why it was revealed back in '06 with the other games. There's mythology in it that suppose to tie in to the over-all sub series. I'm not anti name change (like when Agito became Type-0), but I don't think it has enough original material to be a brand new game "main" FF game *shrugs*

Every numbered Final Fantasy has brand new characters, brand new story, and a brand new game. You can't put FFXIII shit as FFXV.

Come on now.. I am dissapoint, FF fans. You should know better :shame:

Hush up, FFXIII was a fine game :jtc:

And I call hypocrisy on the brand new formula reasoning. FFXIII *did* that, and some people keep talking crap about it >_>

In fact, I'm confident when Versus does finally come out, plenty of people will bash it black and blue for superficial reasons like that ;A;

Also, Versus was planned from the start to be part of the FNC series, right? Thus why it was revealed back in '06 with the other games. There's mythology in it that suppose to tie in to the over-all sub series. I'm not anti name change (like when Agito became Type-0), but I don't think it has enough original material to be a brand new game "main" FF game *shrugs*

I never said XIII was a bad game. I said it have a bad reputation. Same reputation thatt XII had (and it's a great game) before XIII came. You just can't judge it's "originality" based on the trailer since it's not yet a complete game. Have you seen the customization, explorations and some game interactives?

Every numbered Final Fantasy has brand new characters, brand new story, and a brand new game. You can't put FFXIII shit as FFXV.

Come on now.. I am dissapoint, FF fans. You should know better :shame:

I'm just stating possibilities and IT CAN BE DISCONNECTED from the world of XIII. The producers can easily cut off it's ties to XIII (i'm talking about the world). They can also change some elements that will stray from the previous titles. No need to rage on this one.

It's been 6 years and we still don't have any information besides the aging articles and trailers. Who knows what SE is currently thinking.

I think it's an excellent idea to rename it to XV.

1. Versus is already totally independent from XIII & FNC. The closest the two share is that they're both set in the same UNIVERSE. Easy fix.

2. XIII is already damaged goods in the eye's of many and is it really wise to continue to associate Versus with it even if in name only?

3. Versus has so much more potential to be labelled a XIII spin-off. So much so in fact that I rate this game alone higher than the XIII TRILOGY overall.

4. It deserves to have a main title number. This game has been in production for 7 damn long years making it the longest FF to make in history with still no release date in sight (It's going to be really special), yet it's being name-shared with arguably the worse title in recent memory.

Logic? Who needs it.

^I agree.

I would love it if they changed Versus to FF15. I mean, Having "Versus" taken away from the title would be an "aw..." because it actually makes the game sound cool, but that doesn't matter, lol. I mean, it would be even cooler if it was turned into its own main FF title. It really does have the absolute potential to be its own and hopefully be the next great FF. Every FF has that potential, but all they've been doing is screwing the potential up. I just fear that they'll just do the same with Versus, too, because I've seen the bit of battling that they've showed us in the recent trailers and it just looks massive and huge again like in FF12 and FF13, which we know was a bad switch up because it became too much about battling and less on storyline, characters, and emotion. Versus' story sounds amazing, though, so they really better not screw up and it really has been years, so hopefully they don't end up giving us another 13 product that is nothing but s*** after all this waiting. 13 was s*** and the majority of us know it. We're all waiting for a great FF like the old ones used to be and they know it. Versus looks and sounds great and is massive not just in its world, but in its hype and anticipation by fans. Plus, it has been REALLY long to the point where the PS4 is now going to be launched, so hopefully it becomes the new FF15. =)

Changing the title was good..I agree with this decision but really, I didn't like the choice of changing the name of the previous Storm into Noctis etc. ):

It doesn't really make too much of a difference in the end. I find, the game play ultimately the more important factor. Get that right, and it will do well enough. And to be honest, it reminds me a lot of Crisis Core, with way better graphics, and very likely, better interactivity. So, whatever the name, I'm sure I'd like to find someone who has the game and play it :P (If I don't buy it myself, that is. Noctis still looks ogle-licious)

I agree with the OP though. I'm a little relieved by the fact that FFXV is called what it is now instead of keeping to the same mythos with that of FFXIII. I like XIII, but when I saw the intro of XIII-2, it made me feel like it was forced. The ending of XIII was fine as it was....

Its still part of the fabula nova crystallis project. Therefore its part of the same mythos or rather a different interpretation of that mythos.

That's the only reason why I contest to ffv13 being named ff15. Its still part of the same project as previous numbered ff. Its not its own independent thing. 13 series still overshadows it.

Its still part of the fabula nova crystallis project. Therefore its part of the same mythos or rather a different interpretation of that mythos.

That's the only reason why I contest to ffv13 being named ff15. Its still part of the same project as previous numbered ff. Its not its own independent thing. 13 series still overshadows it.
Its just set in the same universe, yet has nothing to do with XIII, so I don't care. FFVII and FFX are in the same universe, yet they are still defined as complete and separate games.

Its just set in the same universe, yet has nothing to do with XIII, so I don't care. FFVII and FFX are in the same universe, yet they are still defined as complete and separate games.

Even thats questionable. only one who was involved said so, and he wasn't the main developer. and he said it incredibly casually and it has since not been brought up.

And no, theres a complete difference. i know their separate. but the idea of Fabula NOva crystallis was that each game share the same mythos (and interpret it differently) so it's morelike FF15 and FF13 have the same roots. unlike ff7 and FF10.

SO 13 still encompasses 15

I'm late on this, but I felt like changing Versus XIII to XV was an obvious move. The whole FNC project kind of felt sidelined anyway, so why not make the rename the game.

From a marketing standpoint, I understand their logic. Although, they should've done this right from the beginning.

FFversus13 is essentially a completely different game from FF15. It was literally remade from the ground up. FFversus13 got very well into production before they scrapped it and started over, meaning FFversus13 was simply a game that was never released, and then remade into something else. Plus, I highly doubt we will ever hear the words "fal'cie" or "l-cei" in XV, there is no reason to do so.

I'm glad it got changed. I think many see it as a VERY different game compared to the XIII trilogy. The story for XV seems unique for sure and the characters have no resemblance to XIII so it makes sense to me for the name change.

FFversus13 is essentially a completely different game from FF15. It was literally remade from the ground up. FFversus13 got very well into production before they scrapped it and started over, meaning FFversus13 was simply a game that was never released, and then remade into something else. Plus, I highly doubt we will ever hear the words "fal'cie" or "l-cei" in XV, there is no reason to do so.

false. the game is still the same. its just a name change. the developers conformed it. also ff13 was also made from the ground up.

After they scrapped the installment originally intended to be played on PS2, right? Lol, I was watching a video on the beta version the other day.

what beta version? yes originally planned for ps2 it moved quickly to ps3 and xbox360. and it was still called final fantasy versus 13. its like people forgot about it.

i remember photos but no videos and i wouldnt call it "beta"

what beta version? yes originally planned for ps2 it moved quickly to ps3 and xbox360. and it was still called final fantasy versus 13. its like people forgot about it.

i remember photos but no videos and i wouldnt call it "beta"

I think he was talking about the XIII not Versus/XV :elmo:

I do know they had a small tech demo for XIII for PS2... :hmmm:

But back on topic...

Versus being renamed to XV though... ehhh.. expected after so many years... Don't mean I have to 100% agree with it, if they removed it from the Fabula Nova Crystallis I would be more ok with it. :hmmm:

Back