Irony of Anti-Gun Liberals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil
The 60's marked neo-liberalism. It was the decade of a huge shift in moral values, which is why the 70's, for example, were the way they were. But then society climbs out of that odd time and into the 80's, 90's, and the next century. But what trends do we start seeing through this timeline? Well, one of them is the more and more frequent shootings.

http://www.usnews.com/news/national/articles/2008/02/15/timeline-of-school-shootings

In the source, you see that it goes from rare to an annual, and even sometimes monthly thing. The irony to be seen here is that liberals are anti-guns, yet since the time of neo-liberalism, shootings have increased dramatically.

What's to be gained from this? Guns are not the issue, the paradigm of society is the issue.

'Huge shift in moral values' - you mean things like equal rights for women/black people/homosexuals, allowing abortions and the idea of sex not being just for procreation? I like how you shift the blame from the attitudes/laws regarding guns in the USA to those pesky hippies.

'Huge shift in moral values' - you mean things like equal rights for women/black people/homosexuals, allowing abortions and the idea of sex not being just for procreation? I like how you shift the blame from the attitudes/laws regarding guns in the USA to those pesky hippies.

What does that have to do with guns and the liberal's inability to account for the real reason why shootings occur? You can sit there and throw out gay rights, black people, abortions, etc. but all that is simply tit for tat bullshit.

The fact of the matter is that the moral system went from accountability to excuses and finger pointing. Instead of 'people kill people', it went to 'guns kill people', and it got that way because liberals don't want to face the fact that their ideal society breeds this behavior, not inanimate objects.

Marinate on that with your un-aborted self :)

so how exactly are you connecting new societal values to more frequent school shootings

so how exactly are you connecting new societal values to more frequent school shootings

The right to bear arms has been around since 1791, and school shootings have been around since 1966 at the dawn of neo-liberalism. The more prevalent neo-liberalism becomes in society, the more frequent the shootings.
There is an undeniable connection there.

The hand calculator was invented in 1966 and school shootings have been around since then too. There is an undeniable connection between the two

Correlation does not imply causation

Well I mean, how much of a fuckin' moron does one have to be to think that it's not neo-liberalism? Kids get raised differently, they start shooting up schools. Unless you or anyone else is going to imply that guns are magically possessing people to go shoot up a school, the OP still stands.

This is why I have little love for liberals. Some accountability would be nice. You all would blame calculators if you could, though :D

because "Video games, the media and Obama's budget kill people." isn't finger pointing

this thread is literally just "you are a moron for not believing me" and i am the bully. ok

Ok Guns don't kill people, people kill people yes.
So what is your point?
We should just let any guy on the street have a gun without looking into criminal history? without making them wait at all to get the gun?
It is scary how easy it is for someone to get a gun and kill people. Would they of done it with a knife or something else? Maybe... but the US is in the top 10 for people getting killed with fire-arms.

So Overall what is your point with this whole thread? Not trying to bash you or anything, I just want to know where your going with this?

School shootings did not just suddenly start in 1966. They had been happening long before that, perhaps not with as many deaths but they were still happening. And the deadliest school disaster happened in 1927. Most of the deaths were due to explosives not guns but that doesn't change the fact that it was mass murder at a school.

because "Video games, the media and Obama's budget kill people."

Oh yes, it's definitely video games. I remember that time when my Xbox held my mother at gunpoint and told her that I have to play all the violent games in the world.
True story. It was highly horrific. I feel like mass murdering now.

Btw, when did all these things get the way they are?
Exactly. In the age of neo-liberalism.

You keep finger pointing, and it's hilarious. Obama, video games- you portray exactly what I intended for this thread to show.
The reason I made this thread was to watch you and everyone else trip over yourselves denying a simple fact. I'm not the bully., no- you all decided to transgress against me after posting my views on the subject of liberalism, bothering me all the time, making snarky comments and whatnot. You even changed your user title to provoke it, you see.

I figured I'd show the irony of the whole thing. You all simply have a hopeless love affair with liberal values, and will point the finger at a pine cone before you say liberalism has jack to with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back