Soda or Water?

Tyler Breeze

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
I came up with this just now.

If you were forced to pick between only these two drinks for the rest of your life, which one would you go for?

I would go for water. I hardly ever drink soda anyway

Just so it's fair lets say soda is just like water, no vitamins or anything, but soda also won't have anything bad in it. Just for this thread. So don't worry about overall long term affects of soda, those rules don't apply here.

:)

I don't really like soda. I tend to drink juice or flavored waters. I'm too poor to buy bottled water all the time and our tap here is just gross.

Water. I absolutely hate fizzy drinks. >.< The only other drink I tend to have is tea, anyway, and occasionally flavoured water with sugar free orange and pineapple squash. :hmmm: Water can be absolutely gorgeous and it's refreshing. =)

I don't drink a lot of soda. I like root beer, cream soda and ginger ale (especially when I'm nauseated) but I really see it as an occasional drink. So I would have to go with water. Besides, you can do a lot with water such as add flavorings to it. Sometimes I'll just add lemon and lime to my water for a bit of flavor. Also, water really seems to be the only thing that actually quenches my thirst most of the time.

And I agree with Judy. A nice cold glass of water can be so refreshing.

Water for sure. it is very rare that I will drink a soft drink. I pretty much live off nothing but water, sometimes fruit juices too but not often.

If I had to make a choice between the two, I'd choose water.

On occasion, I'll have a soda now and then, but I don't drink nearly as much as I used to.

I don't really care too much for the taste of plain water, but we buy a lot of bottled water around here so I buy little lipton iced tea flavor packs, Mio, a bit of lemon, or something flavored to put in them and they aren't so bad. When I was on vacation in Florida I think I drank more straight water than I've ever had in my entire life. It's so hot down there and it drains you so quick, you crave it constantly :lew:

Water, for Lucifer's sake. It has no taste and I can add whatever I want with it. I would get saturated of soda's taste very fast. Maybe it's easier to get tired of things that have properties, like taste, smell, color, etc.

As tempting as soda is, I'd go with water. It's necessary to live and be healthy, and I do enjoy a nice glass or two of it. Plus, I wouldn't want to turn into some fat slob just because I was stupid enough to pick drinking soda for the rest of my life. :(

Soda is really great, I usually buy seltzer water from the grocery store (for some reason it is cheaper than regular bottled water... don't ask me why). I also buy some organic cherry and pomegranate juice and make myself an all natural fruit soda for the evening. It's actually really good.

I really only drink diluting juice / cordial as it is. I could quite happily live on that forever. Nowdays i only tend to buy lemonade and thats to mix with orange juice or whatever i have around. If theres fizzy drink in the house then its becauase ive bought it to mix with vodka or another spirit. Morgans spiced etc.
Its not that i dont enjoy them theyre jsut not very refreshing whatsoever. IT doesnt quench thirst.

So aye id have to go with water on this one.

See i'm a HUGE fan of Soda but I'd have to go water because I'd just never feel hydrated without it. Can't be drinking soda at the gym.

Water please. I am not into soda ever since I can remember...not even in my younger days. I think I might be weird not to like such sweet drinks and tingling sensation on your throat. IDK. I don't even like sweet tea - I prefer it plain, tasteless for my drink! (except hot chocolate)

Water all day.

I used to drink soda a good amount back about 5-6 years ago, but now all you will find me drinking is water and Gatorades. It was my health resolution back in 2009 before I went into the Air Force to go the whole year with no soda or fast food. I made it all the way until the end of June that year before I had my first soda, and I went I think the whol year, plus soke with no fast food.

Back