Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Time of the year again! The fun in White Elephant is all about stealing each other's acquired gifts, but by the time the game/event ends, everyone will have a little something.

Similar to last year, the White Elephant gifts will consist of forum gifts. Interested? Here's a few things to be aware of:

-Colored Username (May or may not be member's choice)
-Username Change (May or may not be member's choice)
-Gold Chocobo
-Add a smiley of your choice
-vB Points (Gil)

Note: Colored username and Username Style aren't permanent. If you end up with these, I will gift you the item once the game ends. An Item Duration will be applied to each item, and they will last up until January 1st. All effects will be removed automatically and your username will return to normal.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this game, it is similar to the gift exchange but with a little fun twist. I will guide the players as the game progresses, but here's the main gist:

Forum Event

I will set up a boxed image numbered from 1-10 (let's say there's 10 participants in total) each 'containing' a
gift, which only I can see. I'll draw members' names from a hat OR depending if they are online the same time that I am. That way we won't have to wait around forever for those who are called up next.

Example:

Let's say Jesse gets called up first. He has to post whatever number he wants, and I will then 'open' that box and reveal (by post) the gift given to him. Jay receives a Username Change.

Shu goes up next, but he has two options:

A) Steal Jay's gift (Username Change)
OR
B) Pick a number to reveal another gift. If he steals Jay's gift, Jay will then have to pick another number > gift. (
Gifts may only be stolen 3 times)

Repeat process. Same rule apply for the first person (in this example, Jay) towards the end of the game:
he can choose to swap any item that has not been stolen yet.

I'll keep track of gifts that have been stolen.

----------

If you are interested, then sign up! =] Please make sure that you will at least log in a few times a day just in case you're up next. If I find that you are too inactive (not logging in for days), your turn will be skipped as needed and the game may be completed with or without you.

I'll keep this open for a few days or until we've reached a certain amount of participants, so first come first serve! Once I close sign-ups, that's it, I will no longer take late requests to join, and the game will begin.

If you have any ideas for gifts, please let me know and I might approve it. I was going to bring back a few signatures by members as well (as with the first two White Elephant events), but if the majority would rather just have gifts listed above, then so be it.

Last year's event: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/50899-White-Elephant-2011

Participants:

Squid
Bambi
Terramorphous
Toshiya
Cali
The Doctor
Rapture
Sprout
Soulcorruptor
Castiel
Fleur (Martel)
Cardiac Kid
Ahri
Yuki Nagato
Vircon (Shace)
Ika Musume (Addleboy)
Farro
Hayley Williams
Gingerbread Man
Puglet

Last edited:
I shall take part in this again. It was quite fun last year.

i dont know if i ever took part in one of these but sure ill join ^_^

I would like to try this year.

I was so sad that I missed it last year. I so want in this year. :mokken:

I better be allowed in...... and I better get a decent gift this year :O

16 members so far. Anyone else? I'll give it another few hours. I might start this tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back