[20/11] Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - Facebook Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no.... NOOOOOOOOOOOO Not the dress shpere mark II, please square anything but that, hated that system in FFX-2

I didn't have any problems with the Dressphere system...but then, I'm one of the few people on this forum who doesn't needlessly bash X-2. Which makes a change. Although I will agree on one thing: in this day and age, if they were to implement a system like that, I'd want the option to turn the animation off, because that'd get very boring very quickly. We're well past the days where you have to watch cutscenes over and over...or we should be. When compared to the quick-snap changing of Paradigms in XIII-2, watching magical girl transformation style cutscenes could only be a step backwards.

But honestly, I expect more, and I expect better, if they want me to not tar and feather this game with the same brush as the two that came before it. This is nothing new. Day and night systems, costume-changing systems (which are themselves just a deviation of a class-changing system...unless you're Ar Tonelico Qoga, anyway), they've been done to death. If they're going to make this different from XIII and XIII-2, they need to make it unique, not just take a bunch of gameplay gimmicks from different games they didn't use for the first two games. Try something new, for crying out loud. Frankly, I don't give a damn what kind of costume Lightning wears, just as long as it's nothing like that perverted bikini DLC Serah got in XIII-2. She's hideously butch and worthless as a character, but please, try and maintain some small iota of pride, Square Enix. Please. The only positive thing that can be said of Lightning - and this leaves a sour taste in my mouth - is that she isn't the shameless stripper that Serah is.

But this came from Facebook. I'm not inclined to take it particularly seriously; Facebook is right at the bottom of the barrel, along with Twitter. Social networking sites are the home of idle thoughts and outright bollocks, even if it's coming from people connected to these things. I'll wait for an announcement before I launch into full-scale bitching mode, as I expect I will, if their idle thoughts consist of re-using systems from past games.

What's wrong with the Dress-sphere system ? It's basically the old class system from FF 3 and FF5 expect a bit more on the feminine side. Like Fleur has already mentioned above, as longs as they don't try and stripper out Light to try and please the horny 13 year old male players then this system should be a pleasant welcome.
(y)

Dressphere wasnt really a problem its how it wasnt final fantasy x like. If it was a completely different game it would be acceptable.

This game sounds promising, and dressphere really womt bother me since final fantasy xiii sucks, and i want this game to make me forget xiii and xiii-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back