Who killed Aerith?

I'm replaying FFVII at the moment and I JUST played this part last night (I cried, of course). The great thing about this theory is that it's easily debatable on both sides. XD

Considering Cloud's actions leading up to her death (beating the crap out of her at the Temple of the Ancients, raising his sword to her at the altar), it's quite plausible that it was all part of the plan. However, as some of the other posters have already pointed out, the lack of blood and injury to a vital organ doesn't mean much in a game with a "Teen" maturity rating (not to mention its mid-to-late 1990's graphics). I just don't think it's what the creators intended.

I love when fans create their own theories like this. It really shows how much we pay attention to symbolism, metaphors, and other images while playing our favorite games. I don't agree with this theorist, but I do applaud his or her efforts! :)

I may just be stupid but wasn't Sephiroth dead the whole time to kill her? Wasn't it Jenova? Sorry I only played the main game and am not bothering to enter the prequels/sequels/movies/OVA's ~I could just be an idiot though~

that was very interesting and informative but i still think that sephiroth destroyed aeris.

he is a lord of devastation and he took her life.

Biology? Forget that for a minute, because it would've been the water, if she was still alive for the 'Atlantian' funeral scene. She killed herself by being so deep in prayer. She was tough enough to evade Shinra during her youth. You can't expect me to believe that she couldn't have dodged Sephy's strike if she was fully aware. I'll have to say that because she was fully prepared, perhaps finalizing her 'scheme', maybe her prayer had a function and that she had completed that function, and there was a chance that she did not fear her death because of that.

Call me right or wrong, but it's just a body of ideas. Lack of education allows room to expand.

She died when Sephiroth interrupted her during prayer/summoning of Holy. She fell to the ground, unable to recover from the stab wound. Dying to me means losing the option to decide and act upon those decisions. And it's somewhat humourous to take a widely-known fact and push on a debate about it. We know Sephy killed her, stop asking "Who's the real killer?" and "Ya think she was alive when Cloud buried her?" Foolish in my opinion, but the world is based upon foolish topics.

Back