FFXIII-2 Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Worth Getting?

You really can't get into this game without having played and beat FFXIII already. I mean there are so many references throughout about how FFXIII ended and where the characters are at in their lives as a result of the end of your XIII conquest.

It's not a bad game overall, and I'm right at the end of it. However, it's just like any other sequel. It's not gong to be as good as the original. And of course this game takes a lot of slack for hatred because of how disliked FFXIII was overall by gamers. It's not bad if you go into the story/game knowing it's just a spin-off and it's meant to be a ffiller game, not a game that will keep you occupied for months.

I'd say give it a go if you're curious, bored, or just an overall big fan of the series.

It's not worth it, if you want to get it, I'd suggest it'd be second hand, or you can get it if you like XIII a lot, otherwise there was no need for this game and it was just another game for Toriyama to see more of his "waifu" Lightning

I still haven't finished XIII, but I didn't have a problem playing XIII-2. I thought it improved a lot on the battle mechanics of FFXIII.
As for the story though, I may as well shrug my shoulders on that one. It still doesn't make sense, but it's very pretty looking and sounding.

I liked Noel and Caius, the story still confuses me, but I enjoyed the fights and the soundtrack a lot.

they're all not /that/ great but, imo: FFXIII-2 > FFXIII > Lightening Returns

I honestly think the FFXIII-2 was okay. If you like FFXIII then definitely would like this one. The only thing I didn’t like was the story it was confusing at times for me personally.

Here's the tricky thing I found about the 13 trilogy. The story is pretty atrocious collectively. None of the three games seem to make a lot of sense all put together.

But while I didn't care that much for the original, I think both 13-2 and Lightning Returns are excellent games. They both have this very unsettling nature to them and are way more open-ended and fun. Also all three games have stellar music but then I don't know an FF that doesn't.

Bottom line from me: play them all. Lightning Returns is also worth a playthrough if only for the sheer uniqueness (also that combat).

As for 13-2, the best thing is it's a time travel game which I really like. Which comes with all the trappings you would expect including multiple endings. And as far as story goes it's not quite as strong as 13 (story was the one thing that game had going for it) but still good. And the main villain Caius is awesome and has one of the better villain themes.

tl;dr - Yes play them all.

I liked all three of the XIII series. FFXIII-2 almost plays itself more than FFXIII felt like.
*Looks at date posted
*Looks at date I last posted.

Well! As good a place as any and I've probably already posted in this thread already without looking.

Back