Favorite Non-Playable Character?

Brook

Legendary Guardian
Gil
I noticed there was no option to have a non-playable character as your favorite and personally my favorites are not playable.

The fayth in general are really one of my favorite parts of the game. Some of the things that they say to you when you revisit the temples are really just beautiful.

My favorite quote is by Yojimbo's fayth.

"You are a fading dream, but one that has been touched by reality. Run, dream; run on. Pass beyond the waking, and walk into the daylight."

So I was wondering if anyone else had a favorite non-playable character(s)?

My favorites are Rin and O'aka XXIII. I don't even know why, xD just they add something to the world every time you run into them. I was also weird and liked collecting the Al Bhed magazine things to learn the language, and actually tried to learn it myself at one point.

I enjoyed Anima's fayth, Seymour's mother. Not only did she provide us with a sexy as fuck aeon, but I find her to be a bit of a badass in her own right.

Maechen. I found him to be an adorable old man who was full of knowledge and info. I actually took the time to actually sit through his history lessons each time I saw him. There's probably something wrong with me.....but yeah.

I also liked O'aka the XXIII

Maechen. I found him to be an adorable old man who was full of knowledge and info. I actually took the time to actually sit through his history lessons each time I saw him. There's probably something wrong with me.....but yeah.

I also liked O'aka the XXIII
All of this.

But my love went to Wantz. Do you remember that scene where him and Yuna reunited in X-2? I cried, man. I cried.

As weird as it may seem, my favorite character was Jecht. I just wish you wouldve gotten to use him at least once in the game. i feel like he woulda been such a badass character to use.

As weird as it may seem, my favorite character was Jecht. I just wish you wouldve gotten to use him at least once in the game. i feel like he woulda been such a badass character to use.

I wish Jecht had more screen time in general. All you really got of him was a few flashbacks and the ending. I realize why they couldn't but just would've liked more.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE Maechen!!! I listen to all of his stories, especially when he's at Gagazet. Learning about the origin of the Hymn and the Machina War was awesome! :awesome:

Seymour

Why? He was just a villain you hated. But that was also the reason I loved him too. He has awesome spells and does crazy shit and you can't help but say "DAMN IT, SEYMOUR!"

I would have actually liked to see him as a playable character rather than Jecht in Dissidia...

My favorites are Rin and O'aka XXIII. I don't even know why, xD just they add something to the world every time you run into them. I was also weird and liked collecting the Al Bhed magazine things to learn the language, and actually tried to learn it myself at one point.

I remember you can recruit Rin on your blitzball team and play with him in the Blitzball game.... does he still count as a NPC?

Seymour

Why? He was just a villain you hated. But that was also the reason I loved him too. He has awesome spells and does crazy shit and you can't help but say "DAMN IT, SEYMOUR!"

I would have actually liked to see him as a playable character rather than Jecht in Dissidia...

Yup mines is pretty much the same as this, Really wanted to have Seymour in the party and not just for 1 battle. His spells where better than Yuna and Lulu's and I would most likely use him the entire game xD

Maechen was one of my favourite non-playable characters because he added to the history of the world and made it more three-dimensional. We learnt a lot about Spira through him and his awesome voice - nothing that was in any way really important, but things that brought Spira to life more than just the story we see unfolding in front of us. Two of my other favourite non-playable characters, for the same reason, are Jecht and Braska. But something about Braska which I've never been able to pin down always made me like him more than Jecht. It was nothing to do with the failings in Jecht's personality, more to do with the positive aspects of Braska's.

I like Maechen and O'aka. Though they are sort of lame looking characters, their contributions to the main characters are no less than spectacular. Maechen might be boring but he brings the true history of Spira to the people. O'aka might look greedy but deep inside he pursue Yuna in order to help her since she reminds him of his sister who is also a Summoner but unfortunately died during her Pilgrimage.

Byran and Yenke Ronso must be my favorite NPC's with kimahri not really having much script through the game, him being the strong silent type and all i felt it gave K a bit of depth in the fact that he had been picked on in his youth by these two behemoth's of Ronso. i mean come on, K is small for a Ronso and the fact that Byran and Yenke are huge, its just not fair on him.

but with the two of them giving a bit of depth into what the Ronso are like it really had a good part in the game for, showing that the ronso are not only a proud people but they are also honourable.

Oaka XXIII. I liked the piano tune you hear every time you see him. I havn't played 10 in a while but it took me a bit to come up with his name I don't think this game had really memorable NPC characters as some of the others I've played but he atleast sells items even if he is a shark.

Seymour annoyed me. I would definitely say Yunalesca, just cuz she's sort of the one who originated the whole Final Summon thing, and I never thought we really got to understand her decision to do this fully, the game just played her off as being sort of evil. She represented the old ways. Seymour was just insane next to her, she was the embodiment of the nature of Spira at that time.

Rin, for sure. He was amazing at blitzball, and I found his character very interesting. He seemed like a "jack of all trades" type of character, which definitely fits into the game.

Mine's Jecht.

I love how he is perceived as a bad dad throughout the whole game, which maybe he was while he was an alcoholic, but changed when he was recruited by Auron and Braska. He seemed like he had absolutely nothing going for him after his illustrious blitzball career. However I think once he saw that he couldn't mask real life world problems with alcohol and was shown the possible destruction of the world, he took on the responsibiltiy of Braska's Final Aeon. He turned into someone doing something for someone other than himself by sacrificing his life to stop Sin, by becoming it.

I go with the Seymour trend - though he was infuriating as a boss, seriously, the amount of times he KO'd me .-. ... but there was always something tragic about his character. He had such warped views on life and death, seeing life as nothing but suffering, and this always made me feel quite sorry for him. As soon as he was introduced in Luca I knew he would be trouble, but his instant charisma set aside that worry of mine :lew:. But yeah, though he was very physically and magically powerful, he always seemed so vulnerable to me, I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him life's not that bad.

Back