Theatrhythm

Kinikko

Ex-Soldier
Gil
So anybody else have this game? I personally love love love it. :D

I have 43/43 songs cleared on ultimate, and most of the DLC songs are also (have all of the DLC songs so far) :olivia:

Sorry if there's another topic already, I looked and didn't see one. ^-^;

Im picking it up today as I'm buying a 3ds from a friend.... looks pretty dam fun :D

Yesyes, Theatrhythm is pretty fun! :3 Wow, you have ALL of the DLC songs? o__o I just bought the songs that I really knew/liked~ I wish the game supported online play. Stupid limited && local multiplayer mode. -.-;

Here's a few questions for everyone:
1) What is your favorite mode in the game to play? - Series, Challenge, or Chaos Shrine?
2) What is your favorite type of music? - Field, Battle, or Event?
3) Are you satisfied with the DLC available?
------

1) I like the Chaos Shrine mode because it's pretty random and challenging!
2) I like to play Field Music sometimes because the gliding stylus motions are nice, but Battle Music is awesome, too! It reminds me of DDR, hehe
3) Based on what I saw about a month ago, I'm pretty satisfied with the current selection of DLC. I think there's a few tracks that still should be added - mostly songs from FFVII, since they have quite a lot for FFVIII, IX, X, and even XII (which is surprising to me 'cause I didn't really like the music in XII so much, lol)

Theatrythm is pretty amazing. I've finally gotten bored of it lately after playing it every day, so I'm waiting for some new songs to make me go back to it.

As for Chan's questions:

1) What is your favourite mode in the game to play? - Series, Challenge, or Chaos Shrine?
Series, but I have to skip the opening/ending song parts. I've actually gotten more into Challenge lately though...I guess it varies lol.

A mixture of all of them. I likes me some slow songs from Field, but there's Jenova and stuff from Battle...I'm so indecisive :/

I am for the most part. There are loads of DLC that is amazing, but there's plenty missing. Ice Caverns, Village of Dali and that music that plays at the Honey Bee Inn in FF7, being a few that I'd like to see. Also, the english version of Melodies of Life.

I'M IN LOVE :jess:

I just did suki da ne while seeing all the CGI Cutscenes from FFX in it, like the lake and that it was toooo awesome.... and I love the dlc list./... i'm going to be spending quite a bit of money :wacky:

1) What is your favorite mode in the game to play? - Series, Challenge, or Chaos Shrine?

My favorite is challenge. I still have to go in and beat all the series on ultimate too. >.< I don't really care that much for chaos shrine. Dunno why, just don't care much for it.

I really wish they would release Event DLC. I love it. Other than that I like battle then field. I don't mind any of them really, but it goes event > battle > field for me.

Other than me wishing they released DLC event stages, yes. I don't really care for as much FFXI music that is in the game, though. It all sounds the same to me. >.< I also agree with Chan, there needs to be more FFVII songs.

1) Challenge. Basic versions within Challenge mode are a bit simple. I like to try Expert and Ultimate. :lew: Ultimate can be somewhat crazy, particuarly in the Battle sequences, but it's pretty fun.

2) The Field music is a bit slow for my liking. :sad3: I like both Battle and Event equally, depending on the song. :hmmm:

3) The DLC list is good, but there are still a few pieces missing imo. :( For example, Tifa's Theme and Vamo Alla Flamenco. I'm reluctant to buy any though. Each piece is pretty expensive really. I'd buy some with a 2 for 1 offer or 3 for 2. :lew:

Liana - It's funny you say the Field music is too slow for your liking 'cause I feel like most of the Event music songs are a bit on the slow side, hehe! ^^; Sometimes the Event songs get on my nerves 'cause it'll have little tricky moments here && there, especially with the Ultimate Mode. I try so hard to get perfect chains with stoic mode enabled. >.<

&& I agree with you! It'd be nice if there was a discount on the DLC like how there was a discount on the FFXIII-2 DLC. Unfortunately, Theatrhythm's "honeymoon" stage is over, so I feel like there's no chance of that happening anymore. xD; It would've been nice if Square-Enix had sales - like the first week of new DLC, they cost 50cents each! Then the following weeks thereafter, they could charge $1+ as usual.

&& I agree with you! It'd be nice if there was a discount on the DLC like how there was a discount on the FFXIII-2 DLC. Unfortunately, Theatrhythm's "honeymoon" stage is over, so I feel like there's no chance of that happening anymore. xD; It would've been nice if Square-Enix had sales - like the first week of new DLC, they cost 50cents each! Then the following weeks thereafter, they could charge $1+ as usual.

Omg yeah that idea would rock! I bet it would so boost their sales of the DLC. I would still end up buying it either way xD but still.

I have it, and it was fun until I finished all the tunes from the FF's I loved, now it's just boring and I feel no need to go back and play it again :(

Trading time I think

Kinikko - Yeah, that really would've been awesome... I wish more Square-Enix employees had that same idea! :p

Squid - Mehh, it would get boring after awhile just playing the same songs over and over again. The DLC sorta piqued my interest from time to time, but it only takes an extra 15 minutes to play each song's mode/difficulty xD;

Honestly, when I first saw the trailers for Theatrhythm, I kinda thought it was going to be an RPG based around music. Like, I thought the Battle Mode was really like boss battles and gaining exp. You gain exp. and crysta, but there's no real storyline behind the game. :/ Just some vague thing about crystals. xD;

Pronably one of thw few who doesnt care for it mainly for it being just a piecw of fan merch. But also as dfor what happens with me and every rythm game, i play my favorite to dearh until i hate it.

But what disapoints me the most is lack of innovation in gaming. If kingdom hearts re:coded allowed you to make your own lil chibi like character. Than they shouldve been able to add the feature here on theatrytm. And not just unlock songs

I played it as much as I could to get to see the credits, but put it down for the moment. There's a lot of things to do, though, so it's not like it's a quick play. Some songs a scary hard though. Like, holy crap D:

But so, so fun ^^

Love theatrhythm! I played though all stages now im trying to get access to new songs via dark notes. Some of them are really tough though! has anyone completed one winged angel on the hardest difficulty?

Yeah One Winged Angel isn't even one of the ones I had trouble with. Man with the Machine Gun and Battle at the Big Bridge were the ones that took me about 5-6 tries.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of my challenge screen. :D

15a9ec.jpg

I love the game and its music. I think they need to add music from Dissidia Final Fantasy.

First I thought there was no topic related to this fantastic rhythm game, but I'm gald others like(d) it, too!

After I bought a 3DS (or 2DS, who cares, basicly the same), I remembered that there were some FF titles to the system. Not the main games, but some others. And after I tried to search for what games I remembered from long ago, I just found them (didn't need to search long lol). I'm so glad that I bought it, it was love after the first song!
Unfortunately the first game has no available DLCs to buy in the EU store (I guess it is an old game), but I bought Curtain Call as well, so I can play these wonderful FF soundtracks like forever!*__*

Back