Your First REALLY Big Struggle

Zeroxys

Blue Mage
Gil
As the thread states, I'm just curious as to what your first struggle was in FFX. I found alot of challenges in FFX and I'm just curious as to what everyone's first BIG struggle was.
Mine was Definitely When you had to fight Sin from aboard the ship after you left the Al Bhed camp. it took me about 7-9 tries to finally get my party right in my first play-through of the game. After my first play-through though I always dominated him like nothing.
What was yours? :)

For me was Sinspawn Gui the bastard was very hard to damage and i didnt had too much strong spells and my Wakka sucked, i tried 3 times until i defeated him.

This FF had the hardest non-optional bosses for me.

That stone boulder guy between the Calm Lands and Mt Gagazet. The first time I played this game I didn't make much of an attempt to understand the Sphere grid and didn't use it at all up until that point. I didn't really understand why I couldn't beat him but he was just completely impossible. I struggled for seriously over a week and then I figured out what the Sphere Grid was...then my characters were well over leveled and slaughtered everything for the rest of the game lol.

That Dragon thing you fight on the Airship! The first time I played that game I could not beat it!! It took me about 10 goes!
This time round because I remembered I struggled so bad I trained like a mother fucker and beat it easy!

moving the altars in the temples really hampered me at first. i would even bulk my guys up too. then the calm lands.. that was a pain for a short while. but i got over that. but for the most part.. moving the altars.. when i first got the game i didn't something right and i used my grenade early and when i needed it.. i didn't have it..so i had to start the game over.

It's ALWAYS Seymour on Mt. Gagazet. Every time I've played 10 I always get stuck for a while on that part. My first time playing it I remember being there for weeks, and I'd play at least an hour a day leveling up :lew: I didn't have much of a strategy though...I was young :sad2:

That Dragon thing you fight on the Airship! The first time I played that game I could not beat it!! It took me about 10 goes!
This time round because I remembered I struggled so bad I trained like a mother fucker and beat it easy!
I sturggled at the same point, but it took me 50 attempts, and then I was killed by Seymour's third band of soliders! :lew: I hated the gameplay back then so stopped playing for five years. Grinding really put me off. -_- Then, after Uni, I came home and decided I was going to beat FFX at last! I trained hard, and didn't really have any problems in the game at all after that. I finally understood how to level up effectively. :wacky:

Good old Evrae he wasnt hard for me and i remember i dreaded that encounter but after i defeated him i was like "That was it?"

I didn't struggle too much with Evrae, because I'd prepared quite a bit for him beforehand, although the battle still took far longer than I would have liked...he was just generally annoying. Half elemental damage and, IIRC, this poison attack that did stupid amounts of damage...

Seymour Flux, on the other hand, gave me no end of trouble...much as I admire his persistent refusal to die, that just pissed me off...

I struggled with Jecht as the final Aeon.. Jesus I thought the fight was impossible until I found out that you could break the damage limit, have celestial weapons and how to properly handle the sphere grid aswell as using support magic.. By the time I was done with the game which included killing Penance I just 1 shotted the last bosses and enjoyed the amazing ending :D. It was tough back then as a kid and have little knowledge of the english language.

Ah Gui, we have tango'd many times in this lifetime. It was difficult trying to figure out the trick the first time, but the hardest fight for me was Sin on the Airship. I seriously had the hardest time killing him on time. Seymour on Mt Gagazet was horrible too. My first time through the game I wasn't that old so I really didn't know how to strategize very well. xD

Sinspawn Gui. I think that was the probably the first fight that they really just throw you into the deep end. I mean a 4 part fiend with high strength that you cant touch before destroying 2 parts of it that still miraculously grow back? It was hectic.

After that was:

Seymour Flux. <--- The most trouble I had on a boss the first time around. And,

Yunalesca. Ok, Yunalesca was difficult at first, her mega death and that attack that inflicts confuse got me. But even after I learned how to avoid it, that fight still took hella long.

I'm gonna have to say the Sinspawn Gui as well, but after that one was the Rikku machina boss underwater, can't remember the name lol...
If somebody had told me there was this sphere grid thing I had to work on, then I wouldn't have had a problem...

I'm gonna have to say the Sinspawn Gui as well, but after that one was the Rikku machina boss underwater, can't remember the name lol...
If somebody had told me there was this sphere grid thing I had to work on, then I wouldn't have had a problem...

:) Rikku tells you about the Sphere Grid when you first meet her on the Al Bhed ship.

Hey, when I first played it I didn't use the Sphere Grid till I got stuck before Mt Gagazet. :sad3: I don't even have the excuse of being drunk...I just didn't pay attention at all during Rikku's lecture :P

Ok ok, so I didn't pay attention either, but at least I got there in the end...

The crawler. :ffs:

FFX was my first reall final fantasy game, so I wasnt that used to the battle system and what not. So I'm cruising through the game or so I thought. Bam, here comes this al-bhed monstosity to give me a reality check. I was doing lousy on the sphere grid, so my party had no spells or abilities and the crawler's energy beam thingy decimated my party, forcing me to RESTART THE WHOLE GAME. :gasp:

This that stupid sliverly dragon ! And yeah same with having to re-start and start all over again and train and fight monster after monster to try and beat him or her whatever. I think I spent a month or something stupid in the Thunder Plains just levelling up. That dragon is tough. And people say that FF X is too easy. This boss, Seymour at Mt Gagazet and Yunalesca say no.

Why does this thread title remind me of the first days of spring when your trying to fit into your old summer jeans because you ate like a pig during Winter though ?
:wacky:

My first struggle was basically every boss on my first play-through. :raye: I was about 12 or so and had NOOOO idea what/how to use the sphere grid. I remember taking about 2 months for Evrae. I ended up starting the game over and by then was old enough to actually understand the grid. Commence the slaughtering. :megusta2:

Back