Your First REALLY Big Struggle

I pretty much coasted through the game, with the exception of Seymour Flux on Mt. Gagazet.

The basically mandatory strategy for fighting him is a bit retarded, but it still doesn't completely take away the admiration of a boss that zombifies you and casts full-life.

my first time of playing the game i struggled alot more than on any other final fantasy, running into bosses i just couldn't beat quite often and thining to myself "damn this game is solid" but really the first time i encountered a problem was when you first fight seymour in macalania temple i scanned him and took note of the order in which he cast his elemental spells, and i was like well i know this, dude is easy... and then he summoned Anima, and well that kind of tiped the scale in his favour, every time i fought him i got to the anima segment and did really well until Oblivion then my death was instant, XD.

eventually i figured out the tactic and Anima fell, and the rest was just another day at the office, but first really got stuck bit for me was fighting Anima. And of course penance but then again who doesn't struggle with that thing.

The first level where Sin is blowing everything up, I just had such an aversion to Tidus and that crap music that I've tried 3 times to play this game and each time I don't return back to it. I'm going to give it another try at some point as I forced myself to play X2 after the issues I was having with X and I really got in to it and the stuff I learnt from that game about this game makes me want to have played it. Tidus and the art direction ruined a lot for me.

My first struggle was with Yunalesca. I don't know what it was, something about my team's set-up, never really used the customization, I couldn't beat her. Then my friend who had never played the game showed up and asked to give it a shot, and he beat her on his first try. Replaying the game from time to time, I can't remember what was giving me so much trouble.

Seymour on the mountain. I gotta say, that pissed me off sooooo much! I don't even know how many times I tried. At that point, I had a huge grinding session outside of the fight area for a week before I finally went in there are mutilated his @$$! It felt good too, but gosh that took forever.

His combination of cursing you and using holy, negating your aeons and his two-hit attacks, it sucked.

Facing Seymour on Gagazet. I wasn't prepared my first time around. I think I defeated him on my third try, after leveling up a bit.

An annoying one was Evrae, but nothing that couldn't be handled in time. As someone else said, Cheer was pretty helpful here.

Evrae was also probably my biggest struggle! I think I quit FFX for like 3 months because it put me off so much. I think I got through it like twice but then the Monks at Bevelle would fry me (no save point between these two things... who's idea was that?) I finally realised that my failure was down to my poor levelling up as once I first started playing the game I was a little unsure about how the Sphere Grid worked... so I started a new game and levelled efficiently - once I met with Evrae I breezed past her! Words cannot describe how joyful I was :lew:.

I also had a LOT of trouble with Jecht as Braska's Final Aeon... I was so eager to finish the game but I simply could not defeat him. I gave in and used Rikku's Trio of 9999 Mix which I always felt was a bit of a cheat but I could not stand trying to defeat him any longer.

I also had a LOT of trouble with Jecht as Braska's Final Aeon... I was so eager to finish the game but I simply could not defeat him. I gave in and used Rikku's Trio of 9999 Mix which I always felt was a bit of a cheat but I could not stand trying to defeat him any longer.

I faced him my first time and it was a very huge struggle of a battle. I did come out on top, but it was a very draining fight since my characters did not have their ultimate weapons fully mexed with the sigils yet. After I went back and got the sigils and amped them up a bit, I creamed him in just a few hits for an easier victory.

One word: Yunalesca.

When I first played the game, she was such a pain. I swear that I got stuck on her for a good 3 months. She was just so hard to beat because of her stupid mega death attack that she would do every random turn. I did not know she is scripted to do mega death every few turns so I had to pray and wait it out with multiple characters in zombie status. I memorized that goddamn cutscene because I lost so many times on the original version. I am not sure what I did wrong back then, but my characters were probably on stupid paths of the sphere grid.

On the HD version, I only lost to her 3 times. She was still a HUGE pain because the battle was so long. However, on the hd version I did every single thing in FFX including beating Penance and maxing the grid. Penance was probably one of my top biggest struggles in the history of games. He hits so damn hard, and the battle is just boring as hell. I did not zanmato it and all it took was spamming quick hit for an hour +. I died multiple times on Penance.

Honourable mention goes to Dark Anima.

Yunalesca can be a tricky one, but I actually hate the boss you have to fight before her even more lol

Once you get the strategy down for beating Yunalesca, she'll never be a problem ever again haha

Seymour gets me on mt gagazet every now and then though >=(

Funnily enough for me it was the Seymour battle at the top of Mt Gagazet. When playing X now I find that battle extremely easy by the time I reach that part of the game, but on my first few runs as a child it was the bane of my life. I could not beat that guy, I would grind and grind and grind to make myself stronger, but it just wouldn't happen, it was actually something that was blocking me from continuing on in the game. I think I was just too young. I had to age, in real life, about three years before I could have the patience to fight and beat that guy. As I say, now he's easy :')

Oh come on guys this game is not that hard. Seymour on Mt. Gagazet was the hardest fight in the entire game and I only died to him once. The rest of it was easy. Once you get hastaga, the game is extremely, extremely broken and you have like 8 or 9 turns to do stuff to an enemy's 1 turn. It's possible to kill Jecht in 2 rounds with hastaga on everyone. He is a pushover.

It's ALWAYS Seymour on Mt. Gagazet. Every time I've played 10 I always get stuck for a while on that part. My first time playing it I remember being there for weeks, and I'd play at least an hour a day leveling up :lew: I didn't have much of a strategy though...I was young :sad2:

Same here! The first play through I did with X I had no idea how to really use the sphere grid and I was so weak! I remember just being frustrated because I kept having to watch that damn cut scene every time I thought I could take him on again. I grinded for hours trying to buy the gear to help me defeat him.

even then, I still barely won.

This last time I played X, I made sure I was powerful enough :griin:

He was cake then :lol:

I absolutely HATED that Seymour fight on Gagazet. He was a pain in the ass, and it took me quite a bit of tries to beat him. And even when I did defeat him, I only had 1 person alive in yellow health -.-
He's always been a struggle for me.

geeez, man, my siblings and i were stuck at almost every boss after meeting rikku. it almost always took us a day to defeat the main boss because we never trained :lew: the most frustrating boss was when the al'bhed attacked with the crawler in lake macalania. we were stuck at that for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys.

luckily it caused us to realize training was more important than we thought :lew:

Definitely Yunalesca. Up to that point in the game you were just blasting your way through enemies without having to stop and think of a strategy. Yunalesca forces you to stop and think and learn to work around her attacks.

I struggled to hold back the annoyance when I learned, whilst doing it, that Yojimbo worked against Penance. Does that count?
As for actual bosses during the main story, It'll have to be the stone golem at the end of the Calm Lands. Don't think I figured out you should use Blind for some reason.

Spectral Keeper. Oh my god I hated that boss. He was definitely the boss that I had the most struggle with. Seymour on Mount. Gagazet was hard for me too and I found Yunalesca to be quite a medium challenge.

Back