Your First REALLY Big Struggle

The dragon that serves as Bevelle's guardian. Oh my god.

I applaud FFX for this one. I did not prepare myself for it at all, and the only way for me to gain any experience for my characters was through those weak as fuck monsters in the ship itself, since the dragon prevented us from leaving. So awful. I hated it at the time, I thought it was a joke. But now I can appreciate it for the successful troll that it was.

I don't remember struggling too much throughout the game. I felt that the level of difficulty was set pretty well. The first time I really struggled though was with the Spectral Keeper. It's ages since I've played on 10 but this boss was really difficult for me - I think it was because he was quite fast.

the only minorly challenging boss i'ev come across so far is the first seymour, because you need a bit of an exact strategy to work around his elemental attacks and to get rid of the two little cunts that guard him. other than that the only thing i find hard are great marlboros from time to time, but that's purely down to luck and not it being any actual challenge.

having said that, i just got my arse tanned by dark ifrit. the dark aeons are ridiculously over powered compared to everyone else in the game

The giant worm thing you fight outside the airship. It was only ever difficult on my first playrthough of the game but i remember that taking a lot of tries. The same with that yunalesca coo cuz she used all the status affects etc which wasnt fun.

Last edited:
Does that stupid blitzball tournament count? :hmph:

I actually looked forward to playing blitzball and then I found out it was a series of menus and lost interest. The tournament wasn't really challenging so much as dull and I just pressed buttons to get through it with no thought to strategy. :lew:

I'd say Seymour on Mt. Gagazet (Seymour Flux?). I managed to get through the battle the first try but I remember it being a very difficult battle and having to revive a lot. Until that point, I hadn't had too much trouble even with boss battles so I wasn't expecting it.

It took me eight times to beat Seymour Flux. I simply could not figure out the strategy, and when I finally did, I felt like a dumbass.

The game was easy, i think it was the easiest FF. ( I'm talking about the story bosses ) and it will be the hardiest game if the Optional bosses was The story bosses, there's a Bosses U Can't beat even if you have the break damage/HP limit , like the DARK THREE MAGUS SISTERS And the rest of the dark aeons
I Was trying like all day to kill the DTM. It was hard even if i was So strong, and if you don't have a Good luck, they will take the first turn and do the Delta attack, i think the Damage will be 99999 on all characters. I Still remember how i beat the dark Anima though, I Did a Zanamto on him and it cost all of my money, lol.

It was a regular plant monster in the Killika woods. I didn't have any potions and didn't know I could cure with Yuna. So we all got killed.

Haven't touched the game since.

Seymour on the mountain summit... I mean... You basically have a set amount of turns to hit him hard and defend yourself... But he ends up just raping me SO hard...
When I beat him I was OVERJOYED! (After about 15 times trying to beat him ;_; )

You know, I actually breezed through the main game. :monster: I mean, I anticipated there would be some rather difficult bosses, and so I trained quite a lot. But, I never found any of the 'main game' bosses half as difficult as the bosses on IX or VII (VIII was really simple, since you could overpower your characters by spamming the junction system with powerful magic).

So... My first real challenge was upon being able to travel the world in the airship. I decided to head back to Besaid, and encountered Dark Valefor! Christ was that difficult to kill. >_>

the dark aeons are stupidly hard, which doesn't make sense when you consider how easy the rest of the game is. you need everyone to have break hp limit, which takes a lot of boring hours to get.

I only beat Dark Valefor and Dark Ifrit because I struck lucky with Yojimbo's Overdrive. Was it Zanmato? The one that kills everything in a single hit? But yeah, whatever it was called, that's how I beat them.

That Chocobo Eater did me in. I could feel Auron's eyes on me, filled with disappointment. URGH! Reset system!

the dark aeons are stupidly hard, which doesn't make sense when you consider how easy the rest of the game is. you need everyone to have break hp limit, which takes a lot of boring hours to get.

This, so much this. I facerolled FFX, I seriously don't get those who say the battle system is difficult or strategic as it's really quite simple if fun, but then I was brought up on tactical-Rpgs on top of Final Fantasy anyway.

But the first time I walked into a dark aeon? Jeez, talk about kerb-stomp battle.

Turning the game on. That may sound like a joke, but I'm dead serious. When I came across my copy of Final Fantasy X, with Zelda music playing in the background as I held it up in the air for all the world to see, I had basically come from the SNES generation of gaming and basically skipped all of the PlayStation 1 generation. I was a bit nervous about what I would find.

My first big struggle in the game wasn't actually a boss, but one of the Temple puzzles I had to solve in order to get an Aeon. I think It was the Ice Temple in Malcalenia for Shiva? It was either that one or the Ixion Temple, but I for some reason got stuck with which sphere I had in my hand, where I had to put it,and what level I had to go to. It just left me in a big mess of confusion so I resorted to looking online in the guide to see how to maneuver my way outta the Temple.

I never really struggled much... Except maybe underwater. I never used Rikku or Wakka, so they'd usually suck monkey testes.

My Tidus was usually fairly high, so he could make up for it mostly,

but without using Auron, my team didn't have teeth.

I didn't struggle with Seymour, or the other bosses... Except maybe that Beast boss in Macalania. My guys were so underpowered in my first run.

My first big struggle in the game wasn't actually a boss, but one of the Temple puzzles I had to solve in order to get an Aeon. I think It was the Ice Temple in Malcalenia for Shiva? It was either that one or the Ixion Temple, but I for some reason got stuck with which sphere I had in my hand, where I had to put it,and what level I had to go to. It just left me in a big mess of confusion so I resorted to looking online in the guide to see how to maneuver my way outta the Temple.

Oh man I had a particularly hard time with the Bevelle one. For some reason I just couldn't grasp the whole moving platform thing. The ice one was for me one of the easier ones but I also got stuck on the first one my first time through cause I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do. XD

Oh man I had a particularly hard time with the Bevelle one. For some reason I just couldn't grasp the whole moving platform thing. The ice one was for me one of the easier ones but I also got stuck on the first one my first time through cause I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do. XD
I actually flew through the first couple really quick. Valefor and Ixion were extremely easy to get, then the progressively got more confusing to me. Not that the whole Temple was confusing, but like one part in each was there to throw me off and spend an hour running around trying to decide where a sphere went. I liked the idea of the Temples, but it didn't give you much clue where to put those spheres each time.

The Dark Aeons were not too difficult to beat without having to resort to Zanmato, though Bahamut was a big jump in difficulty from the others. But obviously they were not my first struggle

I believe I got FFX when I was 12, and it was the first ever RPG game I got. I was not very used to them and was really badly underleveled on my first playthrough, so I always got beaten and knocked off the cliff by the chocobo eater. Then I restarted the game and tried harder to level up more and do better, and was knocked off the cliff again. Only then did I find out that you could in fact beat the chocobo eater, so I restarted a third time and eventually beat him

Back