[V4] What's Your Mood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood: Blah

Things have been quite hectic lately, so I suppose patience is a bit short in general. Rounding things up, so hopefully it will all be settled a bit more by the end of this week, perhaps then we can finally settle some mental notes. Ugh.

Mood: Tired, Fed Up, Anxious & Burned Out

Doing a lot of stuff lately but nothing is really working out which is frustrating and kind of bumming me out. Being a bit of a fretter by nature, I'm worried about it all and can't let it lie. I would like to get all the mind baggage sorted out but it's not happening due to all the new and improved stress being added daily. I need a drink! :alcoholic:

Mood: Stressed

Work's been making me hit this thread lately it seems.

Store manager's actually a really cool guy, but I really can't stand when he tries to push a small team (2-3 individuals) to tackle seven departments, "a hundred percent" including go-backs (things that need to go back to their designated area - folded and hanging), tables neatly folded, floor picked up, area zoned, back wall (usually the messiest) organized, on top of back-up calls to the front-lane for cashier work, covering the operator's breaks, and guest service on the floor. I don't know why Target is doing the 'wave' again when it never works out. Better to have one person focus on 1-2 department for four hours. I felt bad for the new girl who had to close tonight because our manager asked her to go back and touch-up on the men department's jeans wall, where 90% of the jeans were everywhere (as in brands not belonging in certain sections) and not folded. Looked as if a tornado went through it. We didn't even get to that back area because our manager wanted us to be in the next department by a certain time. Yep, nevermind that the rest of the men's department looked really good too, and usually that's our messiest department because we're really short on staff. :dry: He should've asked me to touch up instead of asking the new girl since she had a hard time figuring out which brands/jeans go where, etc. I guess she was told that it had to be done in 15 minutes (she was there for almost an hour) and that's just ridiculous. Even I wouldn't be able to do it in 15 minutes. I left at 10 pm and felt bad for my other two co-workers who still have three departments left to finish by midnight. But honestly I just couldn't wait to get the hell out of there.

6a00e54f10a0988834014e860d081d970d-pi

I didn't take that photo, and that's probably not my store, but who knows. I've seen people at my store take photos of messy departments and post them on Yelp. Anyway, our tables will sometimes look like that ('cause y'know, that's what happens when they refuse to hire more people and no one keeps up with things throughout the day), though that's actually a bit too extreme. Still, pretty close - minus the nonsense that's on the floor. One table like that will take you one hour. Guarantee. And then when people stand besides you while you're folding clothes and everything is actually neatly folded, they go and mess it up. Just scream inside and walk away.

I'm dreading the upcoming holidays...

(Black Friday). Fortunately, I don't work on Fridays. I just hope they don't schedule me on Thanksgiving Day.

target-store-black-friday.jpg

Tomorrow I'm off at 12:30 a.m, which means I'll be the only one left on the softlines floor and they'll put a lot of pressure on me. They usually do to whoever is closing until the last minute. Blah. Oh well, I notified I might be running late for work tomorrow anyway due to an ultrasound appointment (no, I'm not pregnant) at 6:45 P.M.

Mood: Stressed

I'm over at my cousins house because I just generally felt like crap. She's still asleep and Ive been up and running even though we went to bed at like 3... And it's now 6.

Forgot my phone's charger, which is at 50% so it should be okay for a while more. Can't wait for the stores to open.

Mood: Relieved; amused

Reason: I just had my second phone interview for a PR account executive opening and the interviewer was amazing. He has the strangest laugh I have ever heard; he would laugh even when discussing his daily work and mundane stuff like the fact that the team is so compact that even the account manager is on tea duty. I asked him some serious questions about wider external implications of the direction of his business, the PR sector and the effects this may have on business-to-business communications and all I remember from his answer were strings of "fuck-ups", "shitbag" and "bollocked that one up". I was amused, yet a little taken aback. I mean, I like this guy. He sounds like a fun chap to work with, but I'd have expected someone like him, even if he's just conducting a phone interview for a candidate who may never even get within 100ft of their offices, to exercise considerable etiquette and formality. The employer still has to present himself and provide/maintain a good professional impression on the applicant, as well as the other way round. Or am I old-fashioned? :|

Disappointed.

It feels like every time I have 2 days off, it rains. I have a buncha yard work to do and the chances I get to complete it goes out the window with this crappy cold weather.

Mood: Apathetic

I dunno, one of those moods where you're just a bit tired of everyone and everything, I guess. Whatever though. Today will be a busy day once my bank decides to let the money transfer. Gotta go to a few different supermarkets to ensure I spend my money wisely. Actually even looking forward to doing groceries today, I'm unsure why but it's a relaxing thought in some way. :lew:

Cat litter! Do not forget! I think for tonight I'll either be cooking pea soup, or veg and potatoes with some kind of meat pork chops.... I dunno yet. We'll see!

Stubborn.

Mainly to myself right now. I worked a couple double shifts this week and haven't slept in almost 30 hours, but here I am still awake watching Sunday Night football and posting here on the forums. I should definitely sleep soon.

Mood: Alright

Most of the grocery shopping is done. Just need to go to the butcher, which I dread. -.- Aside from that all drawers in my room are sorted, there's a few more I gotta fill in now. So pretty satisfied with everything.

Relieved!

Finally a beautiful day out in the 60's warm weather and I can do yard work before it gets so incredibly cold again!

Excited.

Going away on holidays to London with my Mammy for a week. I'm hoping we can build on our relationship during this time since it's been a bit battered over the past few months.

Mood: Sick

So I went out for a works Christmas do on Friday night...and ended up hungover throughout Saturday. I then decided that I'd go christmas shopping with the parents on Sunday. However, during the shopping, all they did was argue and it was quite upsetting to watch :sad3:. It kept me awake last night and today I've had a huge headache all day and my throat is completely raw...I think I have a huge cold coming on :s.

Accomplished.

Have my wife's grandparents staying with us through Thanksgiving 'til Sunday. Got a lot of house work done, but still a lot to go. Having 2 days off from work today and yesterday helped big time even though it seemed like everything went wrong in the house. :/

Mood: Great!

Active on an old GFX forum again, and it's really helping me with my GFX dumpers I've been having lately. It makes me wish that our own graphic artists were more active again to run crazy competitions, but hey, at least it's giving me the drive. Loving it. It keeps my mind off any negative crap I don't need as well.

Good riddance.

Mood: Stressed, tad bit depressed.

Reason: College/Uni. I'm mentally drained and fatigued. I just feel completely unmotivated and a bit disillusioned with my ability. A report I submitted only got a C+, and I have only myself to blame- it was printed dog shit. I used to think- when I got a lower grade- that it wasn't what I could do. That I can do better. But, what if I can't?

I just don't feel that I'm living up to a high enough standard. I feel like I'm letting myself and my family down. I don't think I'm good enough to get the jobs and placements that I truly want- I'm afraid I'll get stuck somewhere at a dead end, completely unfulfilled and it truly frightens me.

I've always been told "Adam, you're bright. School comes pretty easy to you- you don't have to work as hard", so... when I try talk to family about being stressed and feeling trapped about the work- I'm told that I'm talking nonsense, and it must be something else.

There's also the aspect that maybe I'm wasting my time doing a degree in an industry that I'm probably not good enough to get far in.

Yeah, I think I took the thread too far! I probably just need a night out. I dunno.

FIN.

Mood: A bit weird

Reason: The car is either completely conking out or just need oil or summat. The little mechanic sign keeps lighting up and even when I'm in 4th or 5th gear, it drags like I'm in 3rd. This used to happen maybe once every couple of months, but now it's every drive.

Feeling better otherwise though. Except this cold. Gotta get rid of this cold.

Mood: Nervous

Reason: The pre-mentioned car is gonna have to go to the garage to sort out the problem. It's a 2004 car so the monies could add up if other problems are found at the same time. Gonna ring the garage up tomorrow and get it booked...hopefully it'll get me to work and back before the earliest booking time/date :sad3:.

Cold Update!!!!!

It seems to be going away, though I still need to blow my nose a load and am sneezing a lot. Whoooo knows how this'll go, 'cause I don't get ill too often but when I do, it doesn't know when to frig off.

Mood: Rain. Yes, that's a new mood.

Reason: Raaaaain. It's been over an hour and it's still raining pretty hard. California really needs it. Walked with my kids this morning and we were all huddled together under one umbrella just giggling and excited about it. I don't think we've ever done that before (well the three of us together, that is). :hmmm: It was really nice - hope we can do it again later this afternoon. Rain really soothes the soul.

Mood: Anxious & Hungry... :cookie2::ryan:

I won't got into too much detail because, who cares? :wacky: but I had an appointment with the doctor in November and I have to wait until the end of the month to hear from them>_<

Hungry because I'm broke and can't afford a decent meal :sad3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back