[V4] What's Your Mood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethics

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Because the old one was dingy and smelled of mothballs, here is the new mood thread. Post your mood and reason as to why you are feeling that way. Short little one liners such as "good just cuz" will be considered spam and deleted.

Mood: Empathetic

Reason: It's just been one of those dreary days. Rain all day coerces one to stay in bed all day, and that is what I did! Now that I am up, I can't be bothered to do the things I must do. :( I hope my mood picks up soon.

Mood: Nervous

I've been pacing around the house for the majority of today. My stomach feels absolutely miserable due to the appointment I have tomorrow, I don't even know if I'm gonna get any news about it tomorrow, or if they're just gonna be reviewing tomorrow, but this can just make or break everything, if it goes bad I don't know what the actual fuck we're gonna do, and it freaks me out...

Hate this feeling...

Mood: Knackered

Reason: I had a 9am back-to-back lecture and seminar on Chinese history this morning and with the traffic being horrific at that time of the day with the need to also wait for the bus itself, I was out by quarter to eight. That wasn't fun when I barely got enough sleep anyway because I'm convinced that I'm slightly allergic to my room's curtains and I practically sleep directly under it, so I kept waking up at night to sneeze.

The day itself? I'm just glad it's over. I've been all over the place. A lecture on Hobbes' political theory was depressing because halfway through I totally had no idea what the lecturer was even on about. I don't even know if I can properly grasp the Leviathan literature sufficiently enough, so that's been somewhat worrying. On top of that, I had like two volunteer work meetings. One to organise a poppy party for the elderly and the other for tutoring children in their reading and writing. Then the rest of the evening was spent watching The Iron Lady, which was...not exactly what I expected it to be. The emphasis on the portrayal of her dementia condition was somewhat morbid.

At least tomorrow I can take it a little easier. Sure, I have to grind on with that incomprehensible Hobbes literature, but it's social night at Leamington~

Mood: Lethargic

Reason: I really need to go into the library today, but I really do not want to...I'd rather stay at home and play Metroid Prime all day, and finish off The Traitor Queen, which I only started on Monday and have already nearly finished; it's been AGES since I got this engaged in a book. Mostly because it has a pairing in it I thought would NEVER happen, and I actually find myself liking it. Huh.

I'll only be in for the morning, but still...urgh. Not sure how much I'll get done when I'm really not in the mood for it. Need to change my mind pretty quick for it not to be a waste of my time...finishing the analysis this week probably won't happen; I'll need to drop my supervisor a message...mood writer's block is a bitch.

Also, new thread :gasp:

Mood: Really quite good.

I'm really happy today, I had a really good nights sleep, i actually got enough sleep for once haha, had an awesome play of Borderlands with my wonderful guy and then we just stayed up and talked for ages, the weather is bloody beautiful today too, I think it's shorts and tank top weather finally!!

I'm also going off to get a haircut and colour soon, haircuts always make me feel good, I can't wait, these split ends have tormented me long enough and the colour definitely needs a touch up! I might post some pictures if I'm happy with it :griin: Might even go to the shops after that and buy some nice tops!

Then I'll finish the day off by playing some more games with Lewy ;) I can't think of anything better!

:toni:

Mood: Alright

Reason:
Could be better. Had absolutely no sleep last night. It was freaking hot yesterday and then I got a headache and really needed a panadol or something, but stupid me had already packed up all the vitamins and medicines and they were at my parents house.

So I had to go to bed in pain and I didn't really get to sleep much at all. I got up at 5:30am for work and now I am just so tired. :gonk:

Must have an early one tonight. v_v

I feel really good today.

We're having a snow day! How wonderful. It feels like school snow days, but even better, because I'm still getting paid for it. I feel so worry-free right now. I don't have to constantly look at the clock, I don't have any work to do, I don't have to do anything until around bed time (when I should be paying attention to the time - early mornings and all). It's so great. I love everything right now.

Ah

Mood: Pretty Good

Reason:
Today is the last day at the house we've been in for the last four years.

I hope the internet is good at the parents. They say it's good, but good to them could be shit to me. XD

We need to take over the bed, mattress, fridge and freezer today. Oh and the massage chair and TV and speakers. I really hope the rain holds off. Pretty much half of what we're taking over is electrical. I don't want another stuff up like yesterday and have something fall off the trailer while it's pouring rain and have our stuff have to sit in the rain even longer while we tie our things back on the trailer. :gonk:

I really hope it's smooth sailing today. >.<

Kandy-Sugar For some reason, I had thought you and Steve moved in with your parents months ago! :lew: I hope everything's well with you! :)

Mood: Pretty neutral, but leaning towards good? :lew:

Reason: It's half term, which has actually left me feeling just a bit listless and lonely! I used to love being alone; now it seems I love being around people! I teach my first full lesson a week tomorrow, which is both daunting and exciting. I can't wait! I know it's not going to be perfect, but I feel confident that I'll be fab at the end of the year. I also feel I'm going to do a good job in context; I won't be as good as a trained teacher, but I'll be as good as those who have the same experience as me. Having been a tutor the past year, I also hope to be a little more successful than some, but we'll see. :hmm: It's not a competition! but it's nice to feel you're doing a good job. I kinda fear failing the kids and the school by doing a so-so job. :lew:

My grandparents arrive today, which is nice. I haven't seen them in ages! This week, I'm going to take my grandmother to the Titanic museum, which I have wanted to visit ever since it opened in April! The Titanic fascinates us both. :) I also need to finish FFIX this week, finish the third Mistborn book, read 'To Kill A Mockingbird' if I have time, do some work for my PGCE (although not a lot, since I'm on top of it), and I'm going to see a friend on the 2nd! It's been months since I saw her! :ness:

Oh, I was home alone last night, and I live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees, with a woods at the back, so I am glad to be alive. I always get stupidly paranoid. :wacky:

Liana that InuYasha picture is amazing.

I'm swell.

I woke up about an hour ago and now I'm just having me-time. I love it. No worries or anything, just me, some food, and my internet. Ohhh yehhh

Mood: Really good :)

I had such a good weekend, Spent a lot of time with Lew and managed to get out for a party on Saturday night and went to the beach on Sunday. This is the first Monday in a long time that I've actually felt ok about going to work. I think making sure I got enough sleep and just generally having a really good time over the weekend has made me a lot happier, hopefully it lasts the week :ohoho:

Mood: Kinda depressed

Reason: None really...just sorta happens from time to time. Normally when I'm especially bored and in that mood where you just can't be arsed to do anything. I've had a pretty average day, so it's not really to do with anything that happened today.

Who the hell knows.

Worried

I burnt myself just now with tea that had just finished boiling a couple of minutes (if that) before. It isn't blistering, I don't think, but it's red and pretty bumpy everywhere.

Fuck, it hurts. I hope I don't die, I have shit to do tomorrow.

Ever so slightly daunted. :gasp: I teach my first full English lesson in 5 hours. Wish me luck! :lew:

Tired, but good.

I'm super exdcited tomorrow. My cousin and I are going for a photo shoot. It's her shoot, but I'm there to support her. I'm super excited to give her tips and hopefuly inspire confidence in her.

Mood: Happy

Not doing much (not doing anything at all actually) these days as it's sembreak. Still just waiting for my grades which will be up next week. I can't remember the last time I felt so light. :wacky:

Also I just finished off a lovely kimchi and porkchops dinner. I'm feeling really good. :ryan:

Mood - sore / stressed / fed the fuck up

Was at the doctor and hospital yesterday after having severe pains near my heart for the last 3 days. Been diagnosed with costaconchritus or something spelt like that. Its like arthritis but its when the bone wears on your muscle. Basically my rib cage is rubbing against the muscle underneath causing it to get hot, inflamed swollen and really fucking sore :lew: Its affecting my breathing as taking deep breaths is impossible as it hurts too much. Sleeping is a nightmare as i have to sleep sitting upright. If i lye down its too painfull and even if i do find a spot where i can lye down without pain my breaths are so quick and short thats its not safe.
On top of that im stressed oot cuz of the situation with my mother which is a million times worse than any pain could ever be. I hate seeing her get worse with each passing day so that really lags on my mind a heck of a lot. Cuz of this illness of mine ive been given another week off work. Ive already been off for 3 due to wanting to spend time with my mum and help look after her etc. Funds are low and i need to be working. Its getting close to Christmas time and i have a lot of stuff to pay for and a lot of stuff to save for. I need to pay the mortgage, i need to save for a funeral i need to save for going away in February. All these stufff when i think about them its just :rage: stress overload. I just hope and prey that when im back to work next Monday that its busy enough that theres some overtime going because i need the money. Christmas can be a scary time of year in my line of work as its when work is at its quietest and people get laid off etc. And because ive been off, granted ive had a doctors note for every single day ive been off i might be seen as a liability in the future if im not gunna be here everyday due to problems at home. So getting paid off i must admit frightens me a little :rage:

Besides that though im loving the high dose pain meds im on. They make me nice and chilled out for a few hours. And the time off has gave me plenty time to play guitar when mums just sitting watching tv or whatever.

Anyone on here willing to give me lots of cash i would gladly appreciate it. Just give me a pm and il give you my paypal details ;)

Great

I woke up early on my own, without an alarm or being tired, so that means I had a wonderful sleep hehe. I haven't had a sleep like that in a very long time. I'm ready to start my day :D

Mood: Annoyed

Reason: We've got road maintenance work going on just outside, which has thrown the street into chaos, as well as filled the air with the smell of tarmac. So mother decided to make cakes last night, but the smell has overlapped with the smell of tarmac (no, her cooking isn't that bad, it's just not strong enough to eliminate the stench) so the air in this house is very stuffy as a result. But this I can deal with. What I can NOT deal with is the roadworks people moving things about at 6am. They're not working now. Couldn't they have waited until a decent hour before they started making enough noise to wake everyone in the fucking street? What, are these Polish workers or something? For crying out loud :hmph:

Stressed

I have to worry about money, getting my license, handing everything in on the 15th of Dec in terms of school work, I have to go Christmas shopping ugh

Worrying about money and my future are the two worst things I could possibly go through. I hope my medication kicks in before my anxiety really gets to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back