[V4] What's Your Mood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood: Excited :jay:

I recently started the process of writing my first book. I know it's going to be a long process and probably be a few years before I even get it published, but the fact that I'm starting means something for my career as an author. :ryan:

Mood: Giggly

Yesterday, me and 3 friends were playing some games of Magic the Gathering. Well it started raining pretty bad and it lasted for a few hours. The person I rode with happened to park in my friends yard, and he never moved his car when it started raining. So naturally after it rained his yard was a fucking mud hole. My dumbass friend got his car stuck, and straight fucked up my buddies yard. It took us 45 minutes or so of pushing the car to get it out. I've been replaying that in my head and I've been in tears laughing about it.

Mood: Sorted

Appointments are either made or out of the way. :D Groceries are done, house is sparkly clean, I think it's safe to say everything's sorted. Just going to lounge the rest of the evening and browse the web.

Maybe play some FFVII... Sounds like a plan to me...

Mood: Pretty grand but slightly irritated

Reason: It's sunny as hell out today so I went for a walk around the scenic industrial estate during my breaks. This was amazing :lew:. I'm a bit irritated though because by the time I get home and get the chance to see the sun in the more local area, it's all shady and stuff. Here's hoping the weather holds up until my week off! :)

Mood: Indifferent

Just got done with the remainder of bills that had to be paid. Had lunch, deciding what to make for dinner... but I think it will be an easy pasta meal. I think it's good to cook your own meals but you don't always have to over-complicate things. So yeah, simple. I was considering going to the grocery store but I can't be bothered.

Just had a shower, vacuumed the house, so all that is sorted. Had a pretty in-depth phone conversation the other day about how sometimes no matter what you do, no matter how nice you are, you cannot prevent a poor outcome. That's true in a lot of ways. I used to be pretty hard on myself trying to please everyone, it's kinda like @Enraged Emu said the other day sometimes it's not worth trying to win people over, and my cousin made a great point too, that with the right people you shouldn't have to. So thanks for that well needed eye-opener, Adam!

Obviously this is a hard thing for people that care about what others think, me being guilty of that myself. It's true though, people are gonna find something negative no matter what you do. Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath, keep your head up and realize you're the bigger person for not stooping to certain levels. Who are they to judge over your decision anyway?

But all in all, today is a good day. =]

Mood: Out of it.

I swear that these negative mood posts will stop soon, I promise. Anyway, I am not really that well today. I have so much on my mind right now and I am trying not to panic. I have been working all day on this essay, and I am about to just lose it. It is not that it is not going well, but it is the fact that I still have another one to do. Class is over this week, and I have Tuesday off because the professor cancelled class yet again. I am happy to know that my program of study confirmed that the books were supposed to read for classes that were cancelled will not be on the exam, because it means less studying. Blah, I am going to have to work all day this whole week if I even have any hopes of handing in these essays all edited and well. Well, I am going to hope to God that everything goes well tomorrow, and this whole week. The final stretch is in sight, and it feels both good and scary at the same time. I have not been doing the best in my studies and I am still in the B range. If I do not get an A on my exams or at least one of my essays, I am really going to cry. I still have a cough, cold, etc. I just wish I can stop feeling so weak, but unfortunately, I was born with a terrible immune system, so that probably will not change anytime soon. At least in a week from now I will look back at this post and scream in excitement that the school year will finally be over.

TLDR: Finals are coming, and the clock is ticking. The struggle is real...

Mood: ...

I was looking forward to my coffee this morning. But, the pot has gone missing. It was there yesterday, and I looked everywhere - kitchen cabinets, fridge, bathroom, trash. So, either my husband broke the pot early this morning (he's up at 5:00 a.m. for work) or he brought the pot with him, which would be really odd. So I'm guessing he broke the pot.

Sending him lovely hateful texts now.

Felling a little anxious, the day is passing me by and I haven't had my "gamer fix" for the day .... Come on work , why must you keep me constantly waiting....

Mood: Tired

Mentally and physically. x_X

Today was a long day of cleaning out the kitchen, bathroom, and after that I decided my computer needed a thorough clean. Still in the process of doing so. A few days ago I created a new personal email account which needed all active subscriptions transferred. Ack. I hope I never have to do that again.

Also excited because my cousin joined the forum, and she may be entering SOTW! Woop, more entrants.

Mood: ...

I was looking forward to my coffee this morning. But, the pot has gone missing. It was there yesterday, and I looked everywhere - kitchen cabinets, fridge, bathroom, trash. So, either my husband broke the pot early this morning (he's up at 5:00 a.m. for work) or he brought the pot with him, which would be really odd. So I'm guessing he broke the pot.

Sending him lovely hateful texts now.

So you really thought I would take the coffee pot to work? Wouldn't it be wiser for me to take the coffee maker too?

Mood: Obligated.

But I don't want to go to work.

Mood: Pretty bloody grand

Reason: I beat the first floor of dungeon 2 on Persona Q :yay:! This game is pretty tough to me, so this is a great achievement. I'm also just feeling generally positive and need to aim that positivity somewheres. Hmmm, what to do.

P.S. My hands smell of barbeque beef hula hoops. Or something.

Mood: Alright

Have a pretty good set up going on with Camtasia for recording GFX related things, and it's working out pretty well so far.

Aside from that, had a long and pretty stressful day. Family issues are never fun, especially since I always seem to be the only one that's not taking a side... What's the point? You're family... Grow up.

I swear, sometimes I think a 25 year old should not have some of the responsibilities I have to deal with. :ffs: Probably the reason why I was easily fed up with everyone and everything today. :wacky: Oh well. Mistakes can be made as long as you correct them!

Mood: Yay!

Finally got my new inline skates. I've been dyyyying to go skating again. Such a great workout and I much prefer it over going to the gym! Woop.

IMG_0123.JPG

:inlove: :inlove:

Mood: A wee bit of a mixed bag, this one.

Reason: Feeling a bit guilty, but also quite happy with how the day went otherwise. Played some games, recorded some stuff, read some Colour of Magic. If it wasn't for this morning, it would have been the perfect day.

Even though it's only 5PM, I'm pretty exhausted. Had a small "break" but I was busy, busy and busy the days I was supposed to have a break. :lew: Been playing FF9 a lot, though, and I'm enjoying it.

My mom got a TV from her friend and I think it's about 32inch, so it's massive enough for our living room. I hogged it, and have just been playing that whenever I had the time. I guess it's time to cook some dinner now, and see how the rest of the week pans out.

...I still gotta vacuum. Blah.

Mood: Relieved

Reason: After running around a lot lately I've stumbled upon a lot of time to just relax and chill. I managed to convince my drug addicted buddy to go to rehab and he left this morning. I cleaned my house with the help of a handsome future roommate of mine who I also have a bit of a crush on. Work is good, money is good, all bills are paid off, and I get to throw a party at my house on Thursday for another roommate. Also I've gotten a few days off this week where I've taken the time to relax from working and going out so much. It's been really worthwhile. There are no worries so far and life is oddly great.

Super, super tired.

I think I've gotten 12 hours of sleep in the last three days. Coffee has been my friend, to say the least. Especially to get through work. :lew:

I'll be catching up on that sleep tonight and tomorrow, though.

Mood: Despair (now gone) and greatness.

I am going to summarize my whole last 3-4 weeks in a nutshell. It was quite literally, the hell of my life and I never want to experience it again. March 31st, 2015 was my presentation day. I woke up that morning, and then I realize that I did not have my work printed out. Printer at home stops working for some odd reason (probably to screw up my day) It then told me MS word's sub has expired which wasn't even true. I am kind of fucked now because I am already late for school. I go to the damn printer at the copy shop at uni. Guess what happened to the printer. It was out of order as well! It took 40 whole minutes for the printer to start functioning. After 40 minutes, I finally printed my work! I did not want to go to the library because it was far and I think I still had my id from last year. Now then, I get to class finally. The professor is having an intense discussion about Nietzsche, asking students why I did not show up. I get in, the professor glares at me, and she says to the whole seminar group "let's wait for him to unpack and give us his presentation" We are talking a 15 min+ presentation here. I started becoming very nervous because of the time. I was stuttering and I could not engage with the audience much because time was ticking. Eventually I just started reading very fast and proposed my discussion question at the end. Presentation is now done and went horribly. I just go up to her after the seminar and try to explain my situation, but she glares at me and says "give me your presentation notes" So, I honestly quite pissed her off, so there I was, off to the metro back home thinking about the hellish day I had that day. I already wrote a mood post about this.

First weeks of April: I was feeling sick but still went to review classes. I had my first exam on the 21st unknowingly at 7PM, so I studied a lot. This exam was not as bad. Next days were work, work, and more work. I could not even get a draft of my essay in. Eventually, we got extensions for both essays: one on the 23rd and one on the 17th. Everything seems like sugar and rainbows at this stage for me UNTIL the worst thing that could ever happen to someone in finals week. I was working on my essays for hours and hours a day and then the strangest thing happened. My laptop black screened and I had to refresh my pc. I lost office in the process and had to reinstall everything. After hours and hours of frustration, I finally got it to work, and the next day I was working on my essay again. But then... oh THEN...... You could only guess what happened! I got a Microsoft windows update and was forced to restart my computer. I did all that, but then I noticed that my laptop kept on saying "preparing automatic repair" and then "diagnosing your pc" It would restart and always do the same things on an infinite loop. Eventually, I got really pissed, almost smashed the damn thing, because the essay was due so soon. I am talking like REALLY soon. More like 1 day and a half-left before the damn thing was due. You can only guess what happened! The laptop eventually took me to a sad face and my laptop was stuck in an infinite loop, repeating everything repeatedly. I could not get it to boot at all. I had to take it to a technician, and at this point, I thought I was seriously fucked and that I would fail school, because my 10 pages of essays were in there, and I did not want to restart. I had to pay 350-400 dollars in order to get priority. I might be crazy, but I did it because otherwise I would never get my files back. I was on a strict agreement, and I still would have to pay if they could not get it back. I did it, and eventually they told me that the laptop is completely dead (lol windows 8, fuck you sideways) but they recovered my data through a flash drive somehow. So there I was, rushing like a mad man to get my essay done that night. Eventually, I almost passed out, but I finally was halfway done and it came to 18 pages + references. Do not ever try this at home, kids. The frustration does not end there! I passed out before I was able to finish it, and then eventually woke up again and stared at my huge pdf so that I could study with whatever hours remained. I got a total of zero hours of sleep that night, and I felt like I was going to suffocate. I only had two bagels and two cups of coffee. After the exam my professor told me I could drop it off at her house because I on purposely fooled her into thinking I was only doing the reference page left and a little editing, so yeah, I technically got away with that. I had a sigh of relief because it meant I could get the last 3-4 pages done. I got it done. Afterwards, the printer at my house did not want to work for 2 hours. I was really pissed off, and I mean really pissed off. I then had no choice to bring it to a print shop. I did, and brought it to my professor. That is one frustration down but there are many more.

Second frustrating weeks: The other essay was due on the 17th but my prof extended it for me and I presume the whole class as well. I told him what happened through email with my laptop and he told me not to panic. The new date was now the 27th, but the worst part is while writing that essay, I still had another to write for another class! It was horrible. I selected Nietzsche for both topics, and while I do love his philosophy, he contradicts himself excessively, and his writing is incoherent with more emphasis on suspense. I already finished one essay on Thus Spoke Zarathustra. Now, I was finishing the one on Genealogy of Morals. After annoying hours of no sleep, I finally finished it, and sent him a note. My friends and I then formed an intense study group with food and drinks in between, whilst the majority of the time was panicking because the exam was the next day. However, here is the catch, I lost so much time in the weeks, and I never got to the third essay. Last night, I worked like a crazy person to get it done. Luckily, it was not as broad and only 10 pages because it was not a philosophical class. Still, 10 pages is a lot and I should have never left it there. I eventually got it done and then this morning I was feeling so sick. I almost threw up on the bus, but luckily, an English person let me sit down. I was a ZOMBIE at the exam today, but somehow, I made it. FYI, we were studying a 100-page pdf file that had all the stuff we needed to know for both exams.

/Negative post ends here

after the exam, I gave my other professor the essay, and went back to my program of study to say bye to everyone. Not many people were there, sadly. I gathered that they all took off in excitement. The after party sadly did not happen because my friends are scrubs and still had exams next week. Yeah, at least I got a few goodbyes in. Well, there was this hot chick speaking in Italian, and I am sure I knew her from somewhere, and I tried to talk to her but she got off at the first stop, much to my sadness. That, my friends is the long struggle I had in the month of April. I was away from the net quite a long time because of what happened with my laptop and all the work I had to give in.

I am now on summer vacation and am very excited to get some sleep, play video games, and maybe travel somewhere! I shall hopefully not be negative on these posts that much. It has been a tough year at uni, and I do not even want to think of school. I even hid my bag, pens, and more in the closet so the stuff can get away from me.

See achievement post. See even computer work can make you tired. Today has been a day where I spent the majority of the day behind the computer and did actual computer work. Sorted out the full computer folders, external hard drive is now completely sorted and hooked up. DeviantArt account was created and everything moved over from the old account + new stuff uploaded, everything with a good set of information in the info boxes.

Had a small break from the computer where I cleaned the bathroom, and cooked dinner. Sometimes... Just sometimes... I surprise myself. I manage pretty well! :lew: Now, it's time for bed. I'm not really too tired yet, but I'm going to force myself. I've been up since 7:30AM, and it's now 3:30AM.... Ack.

Feeling overwhelmed. At the moment, I have quite a bit on my plate - personally and professionally. It's a frustrating balancing act.

Trying to prove myself at work for a possible promotion, working nearly 50ish hours per week lately.

Then there's my awesome family, whom refuse to move on from an event from nearly eight years ago. (I come from a Scandinavian family, so we're stubborn and bullheaded. :lew:) I, "luckily", get to be in the middle of it all. Fun. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back