[V4] What's Your Mood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood: Eh

It's been... a bitch of a... while? lol. I need a break!

Mood: Extremely happy!

Reason: My mom, grandpa, and myself, we went to the track yesterday. I'm extremely picky with what I bet and I don't do it that often. Mainly when I go I'll just sit and watch. Which is weird because I've been going with my grandpa since I was 5. So you'd think I'd be extremely addicted right? Wrong.
Anywho, I have horses that I follow and always pay attention to. Well, just so happened he was in last night and was a favorite in the race. Which I figured he would be because hes a great horse. I wasn't confident though because he'd been running times that were 2 seconds slower than the other 2 that were book picks. They were running 1:50's and 1:49's, and Lucky Lime(the horse I follow) was running 1:51's. I said fuck it though. I took him with the entire field for 16 dollars, then I played a trifecta box with him and the other 2 horses I really liked. For those that don't know what a trifecta is. It's the horses that finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, which is a really hard bet to hit imo. That's why I chose to box them. So they can finish in any order as long as they all 3 come in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

As the horses turned for the home stretch I got both my tickets out because Lucky Lime came flying on the outside to take the lead. He got caught at the wire and finished 2nd. The horses I played with him finished 1st and 3rd and I literally almost shit myself when I saw that my trifecta bet came in. I played a $3 bet so I got the payoff 1 and a half times. It paid $317 and I wound up getting $476 lmfao!
I was done after that. That was my 1st bet I'd made in over a year! I take pride being a smart gambler(if such thing exists) xD

Mood: Blah

Today has been one of those days where you just wanna stay in bed in all honesty. They need to invent ways to where you can shut off your mind when you're done listening to all the thoughts for a while. That would be great.

Mood: Chuffed

Managed to make dinner for my boyfriend's family today and didn't end up poisoning any of them - remarkable feat when there's ten plus people to cook for! :lew:

Mood: Accomplished

Reason: For the last 3 weeks I've been using this elliptical machine I ordered back during a Christmas sale. I started out at 30 minutes and I've been increasing by 5 minutes each week. So today was my 1st day that I went for 40 minutes and I felt great! I like to do the workouts that have you elevated because the goal is to sweat alot, right? :P
My goal is to get to an hour long workout on it. I love cardio as compared to lifting weights honestly. I used to be the opposite when I was younger and in school, but now? Give me a cardio machine xD

Mood: Decent

It's been rainy here even though it's still hot out I do love the sound of rain, it makes it a lot easier to fall asleep. This week hasn't been too stressful yet, but I do need to get back to my to-do lists because I'm getting absolutely nothing done.

Game highlight... Cleared Tsukuyomi Extreme finally. "Finally" it's been out a week, but... :lew: FINALLY. Party finder drives me nuts. Healers float.

Mood: Excited!

Reason: This is gonna venture into 3 different things. 1st I'll start off and say that I've grinded the hell out of Fifa 18 the last few days since they added in the World Cup mode for FUT. The pack pulls I've had are literally pure insanity. I'm running a South American team that's headed by Neymar, Sergio Aguero, and the GOAT Lionel Messi. It's a mix of Brazilian and Argentinian players and its so fun to play, I love it!
I've managed to pull players like Paul Pogba, Lukaku, Eden Hazard, Ter Stegen, Thiago Silva, shits insane. I sadly haven't gotten a Ronaldo though :/
2nd- It's so weird how my body is, fitness wise. There have been days this week where my workouts just seem to drag and I literally don't want to do them. Other days its fun and the time flies. Like today, for example, was quite possibly the fastest of the 45 minute workouts I've been doing. I've had days where I feel like I'm winded and exhausted not even mid way through the workout, then others I feel great and feel like I could go longer.
This coming Sunday I'll be upping the time to 50 minutes. My goal is to get to an hour and stay at that for a little bit. 90 minutes would be my absolute max. I feel like anything over that is just overkill lmao.
3rd- I landed another job interview this morning and I feel like it went really great! I'm going in for a 2nd one next week so I'm kinda nervous, but I'm extremely confident that I'll land it. All I know is that I'm extremely hungry to get back out in the work field. This last month has been fucking shit. I've had jobs that seemed like guarantees and I was told I would get it, then nothing would happen with it. Fucking stupid.

4th- The World Cup is so very soon! It's a shame the US didn't qualify for it but I'm still incredibly excited nonetheless. Ever since the World Cup in 2014 I've become a big fan of the sport. It's amazing to me that I never ever sat down and watched it before until then. My knowledge certainly isn't great at all regarding players, managers, legends, stuff like that, but I'll gladly watch a game! Fuck man I had a trip planned SPECIFICALLY for a damn game. I was gonna fly to Madrid for 2 weeks and see Real Madrid play next year! Just because I wanted to see Ronaldo play. Unfortunately health in the house was NOT good and things changed, bad times happened so I stepped in and covered a good amount towards bills around the house, so the trip was put on hold.
I'd LOVE to fly over to England for a Man U game, or fly to Spain to see Messi at Barcelona. Germany is also in the running to see a Borussia Dortmund game. I'm genuinely finding myself becoming more of a fan of football as time goes by. Hopefully someday I can see a big time game!

Mood: Critical

Hm. It's been one of those days where I've been nitpicking my own work and not really feeling satisfied or accomplished with what I'm doing. Which turns into stressing about doing things better in the future and being more productive which in turn makes me feel overwhelmed.

Great!

Mood: Positive!

Reason: Yesterday I officially did my longest cardio session, which was 50 minutes. I'm really surprised my body has adapted quite fast and really well with the way I'm doing it. Seems like no matter how fast I go I never find myself wanting to quit. The workout may drag on, and I may be bored to tears, but I still always push through and finish.
I refuse to miss a day because I KNOW that as soon as I do, I'll quit and keep missing. All it takes is 1 day and it completely fucks me up.

The way to 60 minutes is going quite well! Anything over 60 makes me shiver because the length of time just seems quite insane. Oh well, I'll be at 90 minute sessions before I know it haha!

Mood: Annoyed.

Reason: I know it's rather very petty, but this has really become irritating. I've spent the last month defending Lebron James. People feel the need to want to talk trash on him for teaming up with stars to win titles, but in the same breath they'll defend Kevin Durant who joined a fucking 73 win team to guess what? WIN TITLES! Hypocrisy at its absolute finest. It gets tiresome when people bash and hate on Lebron who's going to wind up being the best player to ever play in the NBA. He's going to destroy Michael Jordan in every statistical category. Everything except for being 6/6 in Finals(and if that's the ONLY debate you have to bring to the table regarding MJ vs LBJ, please excuse yourself from the conversation.)
Whatever, haters gonna hate. Bron will still be in the finals next year too :pooley:

Reactions: Shu
Mood: Satisfied

Got my results from college today and got the mark I was looking for, can't believe it! All those late nights, intense stress, life crap and worries totally paid off and was worth it in the end. What makes it so satisfying was that I feel like I did this one on my own, there was very little in the way of people "being there" or even not adding weight, which would have been nice :lew:, so go me! :boogie:

I'm okay!

Had a lot of tooth pain today though. This evening I tried to find some painkillers to ease it up a little but I messed up and didn't read the packet of the pills I was taking. They were small and looked like regular painkillers so silly me just assumed. Turns out they were uhhhh paroxetine hydrochloride (anti-depression tablets) and I took double the normal dose, even though I've never taken them before.

Needless to say I currently feel awful. I don't think my body is used to it. So now I'm dealing with tooth pain AND have a feeling of nausea and weakness. Fun times

You need an anti-inflammatory, like ibuprofen. Also, go to a dentist.

Congratulations on your college results, Galadin :D
My younger brother's results are due in a month, hopefully they're what he was expecting too. :monster:

@Six Hmm, as I'm sure you're well aware of, perfection isn't something to strife for - I myself am the same; whenever I make a mistake at work/outside of work I essentially 'tell myself off', if only to not repeat the same mistake....which I then realise had to happen for me to learn in the first place..... :monster:

As for myself, I have a new promotion coming soon; interview is within a week, I'm confident - up against more experienced guys and girls...but think I'll still get it... :p

@Gabranth Good luck with your interview, I hope you get that promotion! :boogie:

Mood: #icanteven anymore

I know this must happen for everyone at least at some stage, but man, when you're trying and working so goddamn hard to achieve something and it just doesn't get to where you want it. I'm trying to get better at what I want to do in life and I have this horrible sinking feeling that my abilities just do not measure up to the standard necessary. At this point I keep forging ahead out of pure stubbornness but I'm worried about what will happen when that runs out. To be honest, disappointment has become so tiring.

Anyways that's it, just needed to throw that out somewhere despite the temporary feeling of emotional vulnerability :olivia:

Mood: Cautiously optimistic

Reason: For the last month I've been on a job hunt. Had a few interviews but nothing ever amounted to anything further. This one though I feel really good about. My buddy is trying to get me on where he's at and there could possibly be a spot coming open here in the next few days.

When the time comes and I get that phone call, I'm immediately going out and buying a laptop and setting plans in motion for school. A friend of mine, she teaches at a high school and has been communicating with me about college. She's offered to help with a portfolio as well. I feel like the jobs in my area have run their course with me and theres nothing that'll be "that job" for me. I'm pursuing a passion I've always had, and what I SHOULD have pursued long ago. I'm aiming to land in the video game industry at a company in California. Whether it be as a tester, software developer, anything. I just want in the industry.
Alot of people may laugh and that's fine. We'll see who gets the last laugh ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back