The creepiest part of Final Fantasy 7?

Definitely Shinra building after the party was captured. The blood trail and the eerie music freaked me out. Then seeing Jenova's decapitated body - suddenly FF7 became a horror game :rage:

I would also include the Cave of the Gi. That whole area with the slippery puddles and thorns...especially the demon-looking statue that smiled. Oh also the huge snake near Chocobo Farm, the one Sephiroth left bleeding on some sort of tree.

I never realized just how many creepy scenes there were until now. :hmmm:

I wasn't creeped out when Cloud got Mako poisoning. Maybe because during my first playthrough it took me days to find him, so when I did I was just so relieved. :wacky:

I would also include the Cave of the Gi. That whole area with the slippery puddles and thorns...especially the demon-looking statue that smiled. Oh also the huge snake near Chocobo Farm, the one Sephiroth left bleeding on some sort of tree.

I never realized just how many creepy scenes there were until now. :hmmm:

I just get creeped out easily :sad3: Certain moves (like Shadow Flare and Beta) with the creepy background and such makes me shiver a little bit.

How can I forget the Cave of Gi :gonk: That demonic smile haunted me for a long time.

The creepiest part for me is when you are travelling through the undergrounds of Cosmo Canyon where the Gi Tribe attacked all those years ago, and theres blood smears and pools of blood everywhere. The creepiest part about that is when you reach the Gi boss, and that face appears in the wall. The last image of the smiling face gave me nightmares.

I'm still to this day creeped out by the Yin Yang monster: the way it moves and falls backwards is just so wrong it makes my skin crawl

I could not agree more! I happened to stumble across this monster when going to get Vincent to join my party and when I first say I was like "wtf is this thing??" Its still pretty creepy to this day since I still play FFVII regularly.

i always thought the shinra building was creepy. the music and blood smeared all over the place.

that's the only bit i can remember being remotely creepy.

The height of Sephiroth's insanity in Nibelheim when he goes to 'mother' at the reactor. Crisis Core's cutscene takes it up to 11.

I think I'm with the general consensus on this one... the 'looking through the tank' parts i) with headless Jenova and ii) with the mako mutated soldier. All very pretty. but yeah, the older games always have a freaky aura the new ones just can't copy. :P

If you were fortunate enough to notice that the cell door was open before Cloud does, you didn't miss out on a truly chilling feeling.

Aeris' death concluded a lot of animated scenes that did not match up correctly. Such as the way Sephiroth jumps down barehanded onto Cloud and Aeris, and suddenly appears with a sword and pair of gloves- also the floor being colored in tiles during gameplay, but being solid white in the scene. Also if you had Vincent in your party during the time of her death, one of his legs would stick strait up in the air during the next scene. It was weird to me at the time, because I had thought that Aeris' death screwed up the gameplay somehow.

I feel that Aeris shouldn't have died, and the scene where she does is just extremely eerie to me.

ALSO-

When I was a lot younger, my mother would play the game and the victory fanfare always gave me an extremely creepy feeling, listening to it in the dark. The way Nobuo scrambles around with the notes in his pentatonic scales are beyond me, but they sure do move me in mysterious ways....

The creepiest part for me is when the characters wake up in the Shinra holding cells to find the doors open and everyone in the building dead. Blood covers the floor and walls and you realize that by a quirk of luck, they had gone unnoticed when something slaughtered everyone in the most powerful munitions company in the world. Having to go through level after blood-soaked level ensured I was jumping every time a random battle started. The characters of 7 had a very narrow escape that night.

Spooky high-point? When you get to Jenova's tank and see it ripped open. That's when you realize: that thing is inside the building with you.

Creepy... -thinks- uhh probably the one I was creeped out the most of was the squat contest for the wig & Cloud dressing like a woman, two things that royally creep me out in the game.

And thats about it, it wasn't really creepy outside that part xD

When you get to Jenova's tank and see it ripped open. That's when you realize: that thing is inside the building with you.

And to think what FFVII could have been like without the restrictions of a family/teen age rating! They really could have put a bigger scare factor in with Jenova crawling around the Shinra building and Sephiroth's madness, etc. Though how the game got such a low age rating with the amount of swearing, cross-dressing, bunch of men in hot tubs, headless monsters and creepy Gi cave faces is beyond me! After all that the only thing that would give it a Mature rating would be blood during Aerith's death scene? Really?
Perhaps it was the cutesy character models that distracted the ratings people, but I think FFVII even at its current age would confuse, freak out or downright scare certain under 12s. Though kids are so desensitized nowadays, perhaps I'm wrong.

Headless Jenova is pretty goddamn weird. You don't get long to look at it so it genuinely took me a couple of playthroughs before I realized what I was looking at. Especially as at this point in the story you assume that it is Sephiroths biological mother. So, a headless woman looking like a odd blob being kept alive is quite odd in hindsight.

Going to Nibelhelm for the first time with your party had me real confused too.

It's not creepy as such but Off the Edge Of Dispair get's me every time. the feeeeeels. :cry:

The Kalm flashback, the sequence in the reactor, Sephiroth's turn, the thing in the tank escaping... all of it is a little unsettling.

Then Cloud clinging on to his life when he's lost himself at Mideel... with that horrible sound you can hear too. It's absolutely harrowing. Especially when you've spent the entire game playing as him, to suddenly see him there helpless just gives you this feeling of "Well ****, anything can happen now".

For me, several things:

1) In the Honeybee Inn, when Cloud sees himself and tells himself you can't change things by sitting there and looking at it. That whole scene just freaked me out. Not sure why

2) When Cloud was sick and he was basically just a vegetable. Just the way he responded and such freaked me out as well.... right up until he realized who he really is, but that whole sequence of events just.... disturbed me.

The headless Jenova thing .. it took me 3 or 4 playthroughs to actually realise what part of the body we see. I know Barrett says wheres its *&$*^£(^(^( damn head (lulz) but the eye-thing on the nipple really threw me, and it was only when I was a bit older and I knew what was coming that I looked specifically to see what matched up when sephiroth goes to see Jenova and rips off the metal-angel thing covering the container and we get to see what's left of that shape shiftah.

Other than that, there's nothing that really creeped me out aside from the lame stuff that was clearly intended more for the Japanese than the more western cultures like the Honey-bee inn, cross dressing etc..

Some of the music was very creepy at times but that's just the genius of Nobuo. He really is a god. I could happily listen to the FF7 soundtrack from beginning to end. You know what, I might do just that now actually.

The bit where cloud is running after himself and then starts beating on Aeris is a bit weird, but I do understand it so maybe not creepy.. I don't really get creeped out by games as much as the events resonate with me and make me go into a mode where I think too much :P.

and roshidon you mean 'Off the Edge of Despair'.. That makes me really really sad more than creeped out. For some reason that tune just resonates with me.. Whenever I try and do a top 10 FF7 themes that's usually in there somewhere.

and @roshidon you mean 'Off the Edge of Despair'.. That makes me really really sad more than creeped out. For some reason that tune just resonates with me.. Whenever I try and do a top 10 FF7 themes that's usually in there somewhere.

You sure we're talkin about the same song here? If I remember correctly it doesn't have a melody at all its just a high note that fades to a low note, over and over again.

Edit: Just watched the scene. Wow there really is a melody to go along with that weird sound. I had completely forgotten about it.

You sure we're talkin about the same song here? If I remember correctly it doesn't have a melody at all its just a high note that fades to a low note, over and over again.

Edit: Just watched the scene. Wow there really is a melody to go along with that weird sound. I had completely forgotten about it.

Ha; I was going to say! Regardless, very emotional piece and one of my favourites.

The part where you see Jenova's headless body at the ShinRa tower creeped me out. Also, underwater at anytime. Emerald Weapon was mostly the reason for that.

Back