Help Most common status ailments

Most common one is Poison and Sleep. Enemies love Poison and Sleep.

But you really don't need accessories, if you have a lot of status ailment cure items. The best one being remedy. Always carry at least 50 with you, where ever you go.

Thanks Hayabusa, that helps alot. One more question, what would be better? A Power Wrist +10 to strength, or an Amulet +10 Luck? Should I even invest in those, or go for elemental nullifylling accessories?
What type of accessories should I invest in to be more blunt?

Darkness tends to crop up often enough. That said, Ive found that it doesnt really effect magic, so spell away instead of slash away.

Although, use Hypers even when not effected by sadness. They give you fury, pushing your limit break bars quicker :)

Also, if you find yourself almost always just choosing "Attack" for one of your party members, an unusual but tactful accessory you could equip is the one that automatically puts the wearer in Berserk status (not 100% sure of the name of it, maybe Fury Ring...?). The character will automatically always "Attack" one of the enemies randomly, but the damage dealt is increased greatly. :)

Sleep, Frog and Poison were annoying as hell :rage: With Poison being pretty common. I dunno about you guys, but I ended up facing confusion quite a bit in Disc 2. Could be just me, though.

I usually carry a character with Ribbon on them at all times and carry a bunch of Remedies so that I at least have an advantage in boss fights :gasp:

Frog is just there to piss people off. Really.

Most things are cured easy enough with items, and you'll get like tons just going through the game. I never really bothered equipping status immunity accessories besides the ribbon.

Last edited:
Hmm, speaking of status ailments... Who actually uses them in this game? I mean, you get Poison, Transform, Sleep and *insert status ailment here* materia, but does anyone actually get any use out of it? I've played through this game, beaten all bosses (including the Weapons) and everything and not once have I needed to use Poison, or Sleep, or whatever on any enemy. Most standard enemies can be beaten relatively easy with some basic elemental spells or physical attacks, and as far as I recall, many of the bosses are immune to most status effects. So... what's the point in even having this materia? :hmmm:

Silence.
Hmm, speaking of status ailments... Who actually uses them in this game? I mean, you get Poison, Transform, Sleep and *insert status ailment here* materia, but does anyone actually get any use out of it? I've played through this game, beaten all bosses (including the Weapons) and everything and not once have I needed to use Poison, or Sleep, or whatever on any enemy. Most standard enemies can be beaten relatively easy with some basic elemental spells or physical attacks, and as far as I recall, many of the bosses are immune to most status effects. So... what's the point in even having this materia? :hmmm:

I used sleep a lot >.< It embarrasingly a habit I picked up from my years being an RDM in FFXI LOL. When I picked up FFVII again, I found myself playing as if I was an RDM again. Transform could be used for a few laughs, since if you grind in the gangonga area/forests, you run the risk of meeting the little green bastards being trolled by their infinito frog song cycles.

All well and good, but everyone here has forgotten one important status ailment: If you're a guy you're likely to be paralyzed at some point in this game by the size of Tifa's
shoes!

Well, you know what they say about big feet. :monster:

Hmm, I did actually find it amusing casting Small or Frog on enemies, but the novelty soon wore off as I just wanted to get through battles as quick as possible. Using status ailments just dragged things out and made fights more tedious, in my oppinion. I mean, the time it takes to cast a status inflicting spell and then proceed to kill the enemy... it was just so much more simple to cast elemental spells or use physical attacks to kill them. I wish battles in FF were more like Zelda, where everything you have, needs to be used. In Zelda, many of the enemies had specific ways to be killed that called for different weapons to be used. In FF, your magic tab gets spammed full of well and truly useless spells. It never used to bother me, but now it irritates me to no end!

I used poison a lot. For some bosses you encounter, poison can mean the difference between a hard and an easy battle. The thing you fight in Shinra Mansion, for example, is pretty tough, but cast Bio2 on it, and it's ballgame. One thing I notice is that poison is a lot more potent in VII then other FF's.

The only other ailment I use is slow. I use it in most all FF's, actually. That handicaps tough enemies pretty efficiently.

Back