Votes: 2 12.5%

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
So on a scale 1 - 10 (10 being the perfect match, 1 being shouldn't ever be together) How do you feel about Beatrix and Steiner's relationship? Are they a great couple together? Alright? Mediocre? or should they never of gotten together?

I like it, it's kind of sweet seeing someone like Steiner fall for someone. They're kind of a good fit really. Plus it meant we got that hilarious love letter scene interrupted by Baku.

I absolutely love these two as a couple. ^_^ I feel they are perfectly suited to one another. They are both serious and share fundamental values, but Beatrix is a little more sensitive and mature. Steiner can take things far too seriously, to the point of immaturity! :lew:

Beatrix seems to like Steiner's serious nature. I think she regards it as proof of his commitment and she perhaps finds it an endearing flaw. She respects him, which helps Steiner feel calm. He comes a little more mellow around her. :lew: Steiner also respects Beatrix for her independence and strength. Some men would be intimidated by her, but Steiner understands the loneliness of her role and appreciates the importance of what she does for her country. They are both honourable, valiant warriors. They understand one another.

I gave an 8. I really like the thing steiner and beatrix had going on. It was awkward and cute and just nice. The reason i didn't give them higher though is because i think Zidane and garnet are a better couple so they'd be my 10

I think that they are an amazing couple, and it was just perfect that one of the most beautiful and one of the least beautiful characters got together, and it's over all just perfect. They were completely made for each other!

They are a bit of an odd couple but I like how they started because of the letter, I thought that was funny.

I really enjoyed them being together in FFIX. I'd give them a 10. They compliment each other perfectly. They were a great comedy couple. The original thing with the note that brought them together was hilarious. The part where they have to protect each other while defending Alexandria was also a cool point in the game.

Then the ending with them two together holding the sword was perfect. :)

It's rare for RPG's to have the beta couple. It's predecessor FFVIII had that with Selphie and Irvine, and it's successor FFX had Wakka and Lulu. (And I'm not mentioning FFVII because opening that can of worms is probably going to lead me to the guillotine)

That being said, I really enjoyed their character development that would lead to this relationship. I'll give it a 9.5 (I rounded up to 10) out of 10.

I'd say in the beginning they definitely weren't but at the end, yup. I'd give them maybe a 5 mainly because I think they are mixing business with pleasure. They work together so at times one will have to take orders from the other and it may cause issues. In the beginning Steiner shows his frustrations toward Beatrix when she shows him up in-front of Zorn and Thorn when Garnet escapes and he calls her something like a suck-up or kiss-ass. Something like that. In the end I see their star-struck love-gazes they have for each other in their hot mess rusty clanky soldier uniforms.

I'd say a good game of Hot n Cold was played and they will be broken up in 6 months when Beatrix finds a w hite knight riding through the kingdom who can out-perform Steiner in youthfulness and spyness.

You know what's weird, when I first played through the game I would've never guessed for them to be a "couple." I always thought Steiner was jealous because Beatrix was obviously Queen Brahne's preferred knight. I feel a loyal as he was to his Queen and the princess, he was really immature while Beatrix was very much the opposite. I thought the love letter was cute, but very surprising. No where in the game as I was playing through, (at least from what I can remember) even really hinted their interest for each other.

I know the 1st interaction in the game was definitely jealousy like you stated Sarcasm. At the castle when Beatrix pays attention to Zorn and Thorn's worry of the princess, Beatrix shows patience and compassion for them while Steiner stifle's their remarks quickly. You can see him start to throw his mini-temper tantrum which seems he views Beatrix as a brown noser or suck up. (which I think he flat out says under his breath)

Back