Coming Soon: Chocobos

Hmm, I wish I could simply say 'yes', but I think it would be better if we stick with the program. All things must grow, etc etc. However, I will create an item (Glacier Green or something) so that you can prolong the baby's growth to 4 months. Yes, it will cost you, but I won't make it too high. So if you want to keep the baby in its state, you'll have to pay up. A twisted way of doing things, I know, but...I just want to make sure that the majority won't ignore the main chocobos and breeding system, which would make the whole progress so far, kind of pointless. =P I highly encourage the breeding system because you can try to breed different types of chocobos with different combos, and we will keep track of your chocobos. So if you want your chocobo smilie to change back to a chocobo you've had in the past, that's doable. (You just can't request it to change too often, maybe once every 2 months).

Ohh, that's a really good point. x__x I guess it would be sorta pointless to try to disrupt the breeding/mating system by prolonging the growth process. xD "All things must grow," hehe.

Must save up gil!! :chocobo:

Is that an American football underneath that Chocobo? :rofl:

I have to ask...will we be choosing genders for these Chocobos? If so, what if you wanted to breed two Chocobos of the same gender? Would you get an egg? Not that I'm against same sex Chocobo pairings or anything, but generally one of each sex is required to produce an egg, so...I was just wondering. Or will these Chocobos be genderless, thereby avoiding the biologically sticky issue of two male or two female Chocobo mating and somehow producing an egg?

Yep, chocobos like American football too, y'know.

Genders...I did think about it last night when I was doing the Chocobos Limited Edition template (similar to the Tonberry Limited Edition) where you guys can input the name, personality, favorite green, etc. I don't mind either way, but it pretty much came down to this:

Princess Happy said:
Or will these Chocobos be genderless, thereby avoiding the biologically sticky issue of two male or two female Chocobo mating and somehow producing an egg?

Probably best to make them genderless. :hmmm:

Btw guys, once you purchased the chocobos, you won't be able to buy greens in the shop yet for another week. I'm imagining it might take about a week to add all the items in. This is also to give some of you the opportunity to earn a few more Gil to buy the special perks for your chocobo. I'm limiting it to 3 items/traits to start with, but once breeding season comes, then it's possible to attain more than 3 traits.

I want one but has no gil.... dam you survivor :sad2:

Breeding season? Does this mean that chocobos will only be able to breed at select times of the year, or that there will be benefits to breeding (i.e. cost or time reduction) in certain months?

Also, is there any possibility of seasonal items? Stuff like Christmas hats, or bunny ears, or pumpkins to go between their legs, etc? This is something that could work for Tonberries as well (well, not the pumpkins between their legs, but you get the idea. xD) if you wanted it too as well.

Oh no, don't take me seriously on that. =P I just figured I'd called it breeding season, which would be later this month.

Yeah we can do Christmas hats. (There's already an item in the system so I can easily put that in with the chocobo items). Not sure about a pumpkin, but I'll see how it'll fit. I can probably include those when I upload the items.

Sorry for the short notice. I'll release the chocobos on the 11th. They're already updated in the system, but they're in 'hiding' atm. Originally, I was going to do it on the 14th, but I found out that I work 5 days next week so I'll barely have any sleep. The following week that's probably when I'll release the items (between Oct 21st - Oct 27th).

Cool so we get them a couple says early, that's gonna be nice.

Are they going to be released at a specific time within a specific time zone? :p This is probably unnecessary to know, but I'm curious, lol.

the price, I must know how much money I need to wangle off people over the next few days D:

@Chanteru - Good question. Hmm, I'm thinking between 10 a.m - 3 p.m. PST.

And those who purchase the chocobos will also get the same rewards similar to the Tonberry sale: colored username of choice (one month), username changes (3 passes), or 1,000 Gil.

I'll also toss the colored thread title item (one month). And a 25 % off voucher for one item in the vBShop - (we'll discuss that via PM should you choose that because there's probably one or two things I won't allow). :hmmm:

This time, instead of picking one choice, I'll let you guys pick two. And it's not even Christmas yet!

Last edited:
...can we? Please? PLEASE?

I like this idea a lot. Although people who have purchased Tonberries should not be able to :mokken:

again the price..... are they 1000 gil really.... if so I have that :yay:

I like this reservation aspect :griin:
As a tonberry owner I have to wait 24 hours to get mine. :hmph:

Ugh the time bothers me cause I will be at work. Now I am worried if I will be home in time to be able to buy a chocobo.

Damn it, I've been away and missed out completely! Are they coming back into stock at any point?

Damn it, I've been away and missed out completely! Are they coming back into stock at any point?

It doesn't seem like it, but feel free to use mine around the forums. She won't bite. ;D :chocochan: (chocochan)

Back