Coming Soon: Chocobos

Why disagree with me? It wasn't a statement that it was going to be like that, :gasp: it's just my opinion. :wacky: It's not going to effect you guys, just wanted to give my thoughts on it.

Don't make me work my ass off and then be mean. :sad3:

Also, LOL, just saw the tail recolour feathered ones. xDD

Jeff x Ohri is now totally my OTP for this forum. I shall call it LoadedPocketsShipping :yay:

Regarding the people who have Tonberries and their ability to purchase Chocobos...perhaps impose a waiting time of 24 (or even 12) hours on them? That way, other people who don't have any mascots yet get the chance to buy one, but people who already have one still get a chance to if they really want to.

Reactions: Six
Oh dear... :lew: I'm a little 50/50 on the Tonberry owners to be allowed the Chocobo special edition as well, or the others, maybe it'd be fair to say like... There will be a total of 4 special editions, each member can have 2. I dunno, maybe not. I personally don't mind either way, but just to give other members a chance as well.

Loving the idea of the chocobos. In all fairness, I don't think the Moogles should be released so soon after one another though. People need time to save up, and it'd be nice to have something to look forward to rather than just getting it a month after the first surprise came out. Just my opinion. :D From what I've seen the edits that Mits made are very doable. No complaints from me.

I was actually thinking along the lines of Martel's idea about imposing a 24 hour limit for the Tonberry owners.

And yes, I agree with the Moogles. November is cutting it too soon, especially with all these edits, and there's definitely no way for December, so January will have to do, maybe even February.

For White Elephant in December, I can possibly make two chocobos (new different colors) available as one of the prizes, just to give others a chance. But for now, we'll stick with 16 chocobos.

@Six - I'll update the dropbox later tonight so you can see the progress on the each file so far. The layers are already placed properly so that all you have to do is hide/unhide them to get different combinations. I have 3 color-feathered ones so far, so I might do 2 more. I also have 3 glow eyes (red, blue, green), and 3 polka dots. For the beaks, I shall do 5. I don't wanna make too much, that way it gives people a reason to start mating and breeding.

For the chocobo smiley, similar to the tonberry smiley, once you request a change, you have to stick with it for at least 2 months before you can change the chocobo again (bar the incubation process). This is to limit the edits that Kira and I will have to do.

And actually, I won't reduce the size for the smiley any further. Doing so will only make the effects unrecognizable.

Maybe as an expansion you could have some special Greens related to growth, so when your Chocobo hatches, it's just a chick, and you need to feed it Greens to turn it into an adult, as such? Or maybe have some special incubation equipment you could purchase to shorten the waiting time for hatching, alternately?

Now for the ultimate question I'm sure everyone wants an answer to: any chance of Chocobo/Tonberry crossbreeding so we have Tonberries with beaks and feathers, or Chocobos running around with knives? Chocoberries! :wacky:

Hmm, I'll see about a baby chocobo if we can find one (unless you mean downsizing the same chocobo). So this is only for those who's had their egg hatched, right? Their smiley turns into a baby chocobo, and they have to purchase some type of greens (maybe 10) in order for the new change to take into effect. Doable. Maybe we can find an eggshell and a baby chocobo's head peeking out or something.

The special incubation equipment - Yeah I can add a custom item for that. Noted.

And probably no crossbreeds. :wacky: I'd love to test this idea out because it's hilarious to think about, but maybe later. First I wanna see how this whole mating/breeding process turns out, and if it's going to be too much to do, etc.

Why oh why did I buy a tonberry... If I woulda known about Chocobos and Moogles beforehand I would of never bought one :sad2: is it too late to sell? :wacky:

Tonberry people will still be allowed to purchase the Chocobos, but you might have a wait time of 12 to 24 hours after they're released. xD

@Ohri-Jin - I drew a harness especially made for chocobos instead, with Kira's help. Simple design, but hopefully it'll do.

Harness.png

You can barely see the black seat, but we'll have more different colors available and it should show more clearly then.

Why oh why did I buy a tonberry... If I woulda known about Chocobos and Moogles beforehand I would of never bought one :sad2: is it too late to sell? :wacky:

This is exactly my point lol. I have to wait 24 hours before I can get a Chocobo.... If I knew this. This makes me sad :wacky: Raul already beated me on getting the gold tonberry, now I wont have the chance again to get a good Choco and perhaps not even get one at all :O.
Mitsuki Six

Thank you both for the hard work you are doing, you are two sexy breeders!
But Im still sad Kira is such a killjoyXjoykill.

Mits already had the idea in mind, I didn't create the thought. :wacky: So, don't blame me. -.- you're welcome, though, guys.

After some application hunts tonight, I'm gonna start on some eggs. :D

Taking Martel's suggestion about baby chocobos...

Princess Happy said:
Maybe as an expansion you could have some special Greens related to growth, so when your Chocobo hatches, it's just a chick, and you need to feed it Greens to turn it into an adult, as such? Or maybe have some special incubation equipment you could purchase to shorten the waiting time for hatching, alternately?

So I rendered a baby chocobo into an empty eggshell...surprisingly it actually works. babychocosmiley.png

Is this okay with everyone then? After you've gone through the incubation process (you can purchase an item in the shop to speed up the time - I haven't decided the details yet) and your chocobo egg finally hatches, the image above will be your temporary smiley for ... let's say 4 weeks. However, you can also speed up growth a little by purchasing a type of green to feed your baby chocobo. We'll say 10 greens (reasonably priced) and once you've purchased all 10 greens in the shop (I can check your transaction log to confirm), the time will be cut in half (2 weeks). After two weeks, your chocobo will finally evolve, special effects and perks included.

So you have an option to wait for one month or speed up growth process and wait for 2 weeks instead. Either way, this will give Kira and I plenty of time to make the necessary edit for the chocobo. Personally I'd rather wait out the full month. :D

Now, the only thing is, we're not going to color the baby chocobo or egg and just leave the image above as the default for everyone. Unless you all really want them colored too, but I figured it'll only be for 2 weeks - 4 weeks, temporarily, so it seems a bit unnecessary to do the extra work and make them colored. Is everyone okay with it being like that as default for everyone or would you rather have them colored and designed too?

If we're talking about egg design, this might mean that whatever design Kira makes for the eggs that's sitting between the chocobo's legs, the same design would have to apply for this half-egg. Though we're only looking to design 5 eggs for now, but I might go ahead and add a few more.

Oh that is so cute haha!

Well if its up to me I would love to see full eggs in different colours and when its hatched that half egg half choco render we would keep for another 4 weeks then the fullgrown chocos lol.

I guess Im asking too much but tht would be cool. And I would like the hatched egg to be different colours as well depending on the traits was it?

Well its up to you Mitsuki. :lew: eitherway you guys have done a amazing job wow!!!

Oh and the reason why I keep whining about it appearing on my postbit is because a smilie alone doesnt give me the satisfaction /feeling that I own this pet. :wacky:

Also I was thinking instead of us tonberry owners having to wait 24 till we can buy one is it possible to create some type of competition?

Winner 1 gets first pick
Winner 2 second
Winner 3 third

The rest first come first served? :griin:

Oh that is so cute haha!

Well if its up to me I would love to see full eggs in different colours and when its hatched that half egg half choco render we would keep for another 4 weeks then the fullgrown chocos lol.

Yeah that's pretty much what we're doing. :) Kira will be working on the egg design (though I guess if you all want all 16 different designs, that we can do as well) that will sit between a chocobo's legs. This is the incubation period, and will last for ... let's say 6 weeks. But, you can purchase an item in the shop to speed up the incubation period, therefore cutting it down to 3 weeks. We'll show you guys an example later once Kira makes the edit to one of the chocobos, and that will be your smiley for a short while.

Then the egg will finally hatch, thus giving you this smiley for 4 weeks: babychocosmiley.png But again, you can speed up growth process as well and purchase 10 greens at the shop, cutting the growth time down to 2 weeks.

And then you have the final stage, which is the full grown chocobo with the inherited traits from both parents. So basically your smiley will change from time to time, the first one being the basic ones that you purchase on the shop once they're all released. And that's primarily the reason why I have to keep the incubation period and growth process a bit long, so that I'm not spending too much time changing everyone's smiley, every week or so, etc. I might have to actually make this a bit longer - the numbers are just example.

Your chocobo can still mate/breed all over again if someone requests it from you, though that chocobo owner will have to pay you Gil, and you can name your price or decline. Up to you.

Ohri-Jin said:
And I would like the hatched egg to be different colours as well depending on the traits was it?

Hmm, if you guys want the colors depending on the traits of both parents...that might mean that Kira and I will have to wait on designing the egg then. :hmmm: I don't know, I'll see what she thinks. I was just thinking maybe make 16 different colored eggs (same colors as the basic chocobos), and then design it randomly. Basically I want everything done before we release the chocobos, so that once we have to do edits and requests, we won't have to worry about actual designing anymore and just hide/unhide layers in a file via Photoshop (to get the combo that you all want) and the edit is done within seconds.

Oh god, that baby Chocobo is unbearably adorable. xD

Why not just make 16 eggs the same as the Chocobo colours, and then leave the rest a surprise? If you have two or three designs for crossbred Chocobos - like, say you breed the red one with the yellow one, you could get red with yellow polka dots, red with yellow stripes, or something like a yellow head with a red body - then it adds an element of mystery, because people won't be able to tell from the eggs what they're going to get...and it saves you a lot of work. xD

There's definitely going to be a mad rush to get those baby chocobos...! o__o
So much competition... Like a Black Friday sale at Walmart. :x

Footballchocobo2.png HeartnDots.pngflametattoo.pngwhiteharness.pngdots2crescent.png

Those are the 5 different egg designs (though we can alternate egg colors as well).

As for babies, now that we have an idea what design to work with, that will come soon. But for now, here's a few sample for the color changes.

babybluechoc_zps61aec8bf.png
seafoambabychoc_zps53483d7a.png
redbabychoc_zpsc03bcb9b.png
purplebabychoco_zps84d0c740.png
whitebabychoc_zps92d928e1.png

So let's review:

Chocobobreeding101_zps24e23419.png

Two more weeks!

Attachments

• whiteharness.png
    whiteharness.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 181
  • whiteharness.png
    whiteharness.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 187
  • dots2crescent.png
    dots2crescent.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 186
  • whitebabychoc.png
    whitebabychoc.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 180
eek!! :ohoho:

one question!

if we want, may we keep the chocobo in the egg forever? i mean like the one you posted above. keep it in a half broken egg shell.

cuz if so, that would be stupendous :ari:

I also think the baby chocobo chicks in the hatched eggs look absolutely adorable!! x3 I wouldn't mind keeping them in that state for quite some time... xD

Hmm, I wish I could simply say 'yes', but I think it would be better if we stick with the program. All things must grow, etc etc. However, I will create an item (Glacier Green or something) so that you can prolong the baby's growth to 4 months. Yes, it will cost you, but I won't make it too high. So if you want to keep the baby in its state, you'll have to pay up. A twisted way of doing things, I know, but...I just want to make sure that the majority won't ignore the main chocobos and breeding system, which would make the whole progress so far, kind of pointless. =P I highly encourage the breeding system because you can try to breed different types of chocobos with different combos, and we will keep track of your chocobos. So if you want your chocobo smilie to change back to a chocobo you've had in the past, that's doable. (You just can't request it to change too often, maybe once every 2 months).

Ah, okay :sad3: whatever, they're still really cute! and hopefully I can get one! :ohoho:

Back