Fans Make a Peaceful Online Protest for Final Fantasy Versus XIII Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydrum2112

Methodologist
Gil
Last edited by a moderator:
Eh. I'm sure SE's gotten plenty of pleading over the years for Versus. It hasn't helped any. I don't think this "movement" is going to help much, either, unfortunately. -_-

Regardless, I agree that the information should be rolling in more frequently. Images, screenshots, trailers, videos.... you name it.

This is quite honestly, pretty stupid. They will release it when it's ready. What do they want them to do? Rush it out and give an incomplete product? Im still betting it will be a PS4/Sony system launch title due to switching over to the luminous engine

As this is not an official SE news, I'm moving it FFvsXIII subforum. Also, I'm changing the title a little, if you don't mind.

Well they demanding SE puts out more info about the game and not the release.
They happy to wait but the lack of info is the drive of this movement.

Wether its useless or not I can see what they trying to do. Lol like ppl wanted a FFXIII sequel and third game so much. SE decides what they do they dont listen to fans only when a game sucks they will listen to fans, thus FFXIII-2 came to be. Its ending disappointed so they make third game.

LMAO! At least more info is tht too much to ask SE?

This is like making a campaign for George R.R. Martin to write his next next book faster - pointless. It'll come out when it comes out, and they'll give out info when it's available.

And for the hundredth time, FFXIII and its sequels etc have had nothing to do with the delays to Versus. Ditto FFXIV. They have different development teams.

I guess the thread title change is clearly preventing people from actually reading the article or watching the video. They are NOT demanding a release or asking for it sooner. They merely want more information to be released. If they can give us all sorts of info on ff13-3 (LR), and its 30% done- I think they can easily give us more info on ff13vs.

I merely copy pasted the title from the source that you gave in the original post. That's what I usually do when posting news/information. The thread title is the same title given in the source. I apologize if this has misled anyone.

Why?! We've seen heaps of information about this game. What more information do people want? More trailers, when we've got nearly as much trailers for versus as any game gets before it's released? Let them bide their time. I mean, think about it - there's so much information on Versus already, if they give us more now, and then give us even more when it's released, we'll have seen way more information for Versus than any game needs out before it's released. It's unnessesary and I think it's a little greedy. We know they're working on it in full development, be patient for when it comes out...

I watched this the other day, and well I feel that this attempt on getting something out of S-E in regards to this title will fall on death ears. I hope it does get noticed, yes it was announced a long long time ago but maybe the game is designed to be the best Final Fantasy ever (It should be at this rate...and it needs to be). I also know people moan at the FFXIII sequels, I like them and I am looking forward to Lightning Returns. But I do want Versus, but we will have to wait a while longer but who knows maybe E3 next year could be it's big 'release' announcement.

Have faith :)

They'll give us information when they're ready. The last thing I want is Square Enix rushing this game and it turns out as crap. Let them take their time, they obviously feel like it's best for the game to not publish too much yet.

Peaceful online protest, that's a good one :lew:

I can understand fans wanting something concrete, because we've had absolutely no information of any relevance or value on Versus for over 6 years, just some shiny trailers that tell us nothing other than that it will look pretty, but...eh, it's not like this will receive any special attention amongst the millions of other pleas they've probably had. Youtube videos don't just suddenly make things happen.

Given Square Enix's recent performance, I'd say the less information that comes about this, the better. Let the fans keep their delusions that this might not be as bad as certain other games until they've played it...in another six years.

Can people please actually read threads before they crap all over them. Why rain on people's parades? Because they are making an effort to do something (even if you believe it's futile)?

I agree with others, in that I believe it will fall on def ears. I personally don't care if they release more about the game -- my hopes are already built so high nothing will change them :D I think it is awesome people are trying to get in SE's ears, even if it hasn't seemed to do anything in the past, but you never know this could reach them... Or not.

This is quite honestly, pretty stupid. They will release it when it's ready. What do they want them to do? Rush it out and give an incomplete product? Im still betting it will be a PS4/Sony system launch title due to switching over to the luminous engine

Read something before you knock it. They are asking for information to be released about the game. They are not asking to push the release date sooner. So no, I don't think they wan't them to rush it out and have an incomplete product. I think they want exactly what they said, INFORMATION.

This is like making a campaign for George R.R. Martin to write his next next book faster - pointless. It'll come out when it comes out, and they'll give out info when it's available...

This is nothing like making a campaign for George R.R. Martin to right his next book faster. It is like making a campaign asking for information about a book he has been writing for over half a decade (or how ever long this game has been in development, I don't know and won't pretend to).

They'll give us information when they're ready. The last thing I want is Square Enix rushing this game and it turns out as crap. Let them take their time, they obviously feel like it's best for the game to not publish too much yet.

I agree they will give the information when they are ready. They are just asking SE to be ready to release the information now, lol. I also agree they may think it is best to not publish too much (could be right or wrong, again I personally don't care), but I don't understand how releasing information relates to SE rushing the game and it turning out like crap.

Can people please actually read threads before they crap all over them. Why rain on people's parades? Because they are making an effort to do something (even if you believe it's futile)?

You say this...

I agree with others, in that I believe it will fall on def ears. I personally don't care if they release more about the game -- my hopes are already built so high nothing will change them :D I think it is awesome people are trying to get in SE's ears, even if it hasn't seemed to do anything in the past, but you never know this could reach them... Or not.

Then you agree with them that this was futile? talk about raining on someones "parade"...

On a side note, you realize this was from about a year ago, when the game was announce over 7 years ago, when they were releasing... clothes... and perfume on "Versus XIII", and before this E3 when they finally confirmed that they changed it to XV and put it on the PS4? :elmo:

Read something before you knock it. They are asking for information to be released about the game. They are not asking to push the release date sooner. So no, I don't think they wan't them to rush it out and have an incomplete product. I think they want exactly what they said, INFORMATION.

This is nothing like making a campaign for George R.R. Martin to right his next book faster. It is like making a campaign asking for information about a book he has been writing for over half a decade (or how ever long this game has been in development, I don't know and won't pretend to).

I agree they will give the information when they are ready. They are just asking SE to be ready to release the information now, lol. I also agree they may think it is best to not publish too much (could be right or wrong, again I personally don't care), but I don't understand how releasing information relates to SE rushing the game and it turning out like crap.

a little too late in the convo. as u can see from the title, it was back when it was named "versus XIII". its called necro posting

What is the relevance of the time it was posted? I wasn't debating something that changes over time. It is lame when people post just to crap on people, I don't think that is irrelevant*. And I happened to point out what people were saying was just flat out incorrect (which wasn't the point of the topic), it doesn't matter if it was 3 years ago and called Versus or today and called XV. And it isn't like this forum is over flowing with current topics and I was bringing up some old topic in place of a bunch of new topics being posted*. If there is no action on this forum for 5 more years, they change the name again, and it still isn't out, I will still stand behind that crapping on people's posts with-out a reason is lame.

*So it would not be considered necroposting

the relevance is that at the time, it was different. you can't hash out an old forgotten discussion that happened a year ago.

To members, in the future, if you see invalid necro-posting, please use the report function. Refrain from warning the necro-poster by posting in that thread as it may lead to off-topic discussion. That said, necro posting is actually allowed in this forums as long as the point of discussion is still relevant, and the post is on-topic. This particular case is a bit on the grey area at first. But the fact that it has now led to an off-topic discussion (you guys are talking about 'relevance' now), I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back