Help is my percetage too low to get the ending where....

amboxer21

Ex-Soldier
Gil
[SOLVED]is my percetage too low to get the ending where....

I am on chapter 5(just got completed 4 right now) with only 43% of the game complete. I am playing only for the good ending. The ending where Tidus embrace on the beach. So, the concern I have is, am I going to be able to achieve this ending or is my percentage to low? Should I start over?

At this point in the game, am I able to continue side quests for more percentage or that is no longer an option?

Last edited:
apparently you need over 75% to get the normal ending, you sound like your percentage is a bit low at the chapter you're at... though I can't remember how many chapters there are in that game, it's been a while...

There are 5 chapters. I am on my last chapter now. I dont think I can go back and do side missions any either. I am not sure if I can achieve over the 75% mark at this point. I am not sure. So I want to hear others opinions and see what they think. I don't want to get the normal ending where tidus is just a sppirit. I want him to come back and be with yuna again. I will restart the game now if I have to! All for them lol

There's only 3 endings...

Bad ending - anything under 75%
Normal ending - 75% - 99%
Perfect ending - 100%

So if you're after the perfect ending...there's no way you'll get 100% now.

There's only 3 endings...

Bad ending - anything under 75%
Normal ending - 75% - 99%
Perfect ending - 100%

So if you're after the perfect ending...there's no way you'll get 100% now.
Yeah but there are 2 good endings. One where yuna and tidus embrace on the beach. He actually comes back and they are finally back together again. I know how to get that ending but.... oh never mind. I'll just restart the game i guess.

Unless you manage to pick up enough percentage to get over 75% you'll get the bad ending, even if you've done the things needed for the good ending, that only occurs after 75%. Do you have an earlier save from chapter 4 or something so you can pick up those percents?

At 45% you might still be able to get 75% by the end of the game. There's quite a lot of scenes ahead and if you visit everywhere in Spira you might be able to do it. It kind of depends what sidequests you've done in other hcapters though since they affect whether youmanage to complete certain areas or not.

Basically the endings go like this:
Bad ending - You die in the last fight.
Normal ending - You always get this, every time, no matter percentages or whatnot, as long as you don't die and get the bad ending.
Sad ending - This happens if you don't get above 75% of the game done.
Good ending - This happens if you get above 75% and have fullfilled certain criteria (that you know about already, the X pressing and stuff)
Perfect endign - You get this by getting 100% and fullfilling the criteria above.

Getting the good ending does depend on getting above 75% though :sad3: do you have an older save? You may still be able to get to 75% by going to every place, but I'm not sure. I've never had a percentage that low and I know some scenes you only get depending on what side missions you've done so I really can't say whether it's possible or not.

I hated the whole ending calulation of this game, how, just how are you meant to get 100% on your first playthrough without using a guide. If it was like XIII-2 and had a secret addition too the ending I wouldn't be so bothered, but this game doesn't even let you go back and complete the extra nonsense on previous chapters until New Game+

This.

I used a guide, and followed every excruciating detail...at least, I thought I did. I got to 99.7% or something, thus not getting the perfect ending. Somewhere along the way, I missed .5% but who knows where that could've been. I ended up going to Youtube and watching it there, extremely annoyed with the whole game.

Overall, you simply need a guide for this - otherwise, there's no way you can attain that perfect ending.

The other big thing is you can't skip over any talking scenes, just watch them through to make sure you don't mess up, this includes talking to Machean or whatever his name is!

This.

I used a guide, and followed every excruciating detail...at least, I thought I did. I got to 99.7% or something, thus not getting the perfect ending. Somewhere along the way, I missed .5% but who knows where that could've been.

Overall, you simply need a guide for this - otherwise, there's no way you can attain that perfect ending.

I didn't think it's possible to go from 0% to 100% in one playthrough. I always thought you coud only get to 99% because you miss scenes depending on which faction you choose and there's no way to get both in the one playthrough.

I did it without a guide :). I've got a guide now, but when I first got 100% it was on my third playthrough and I didn't have a guide. I didn't know much about the extra ending though, I just knew there was a secret one if you got 100%. It was such a let down after going through all that three times :sad3:

This.

I used a guide, and followed every excruciating detail...at least, I thought I did. I got to 99.7% or something, thus not getting the perfect ending. Somewhere along the way, I missed .5% but who knows where that could've been. I ended up going to Youtube and watching it there, extremely annoyed with the whole game.

I am not trying to get the perfect ending just the good one. Tidus comes back and meets Yuna on the beach. The game has actually grown on me though. So I won't mind playing again to achieve the perfect ending.... After I beat it first of course. I have some really good Playstation 2 games. They just sit there though. For some reason all I can seem to play is X-2 lol

I didn't know you can go back, do a few more playthroughs and fill up those percentage. Oh well, it wouldn't have mattered anyway, I'm not the type to usually play through games again unless it's absolutely one of my favorites. :hmmm: But yes, I was able to achieve 99% in one playthrough using a guide. I think not using one would've drove me insane. :lew:

Unless you manage to pick up enough percentage to get over 75% you'll get the bad ending, even if you've done the things needed for the good ending, that only occurs after 75%. Do you have an earlier save from chapter 4 or something so you can pick up those percents?

At 45% you might still be able to get 75% by the end of the game. There's quite a lot of scenes ahead and if you visit everywhere in Spira you might be able to do it. It kind of depends what sidequests you've done in other hcapters though since they affect whether youmanage to complete certain areas or not.

Basically the endings go like this:
Bad ending - You die in the last fight.
Normal ending - You always get this, every time, no matter percentages or whatnot, as long as you don't die and get the bad ending.
Sad ending - This happens if you don't get above 75% of the game done.
Good ending - This happens if you get above 75% and have fullfilled certain criteria (that you know about already, the X pressing and stuff)
Perfect endign - You get this by getting 100% and fullfilling the criteria above.

Getting the good ending does depend on getting above 75% though :sad3: do you have an older save? You may still be able to get to 75% by going to every place, but I'm not sure. I've never had a percentage that low and I know some scenes you only get depending on what side missions you've done so I really can't say whether it's possible or not.
Unfortunately, the only save point I have is 2 hours in :cry: I just started from there. I should have listened to the person who told me to do the side quests from the start! <kicks self in ass..repeatedly!> I am doing all sidequests this time around. So, I guess my dilemma is solved?!

Unfortunately, the only save point I have is 2 hours in :cry: I just started from there. I should have listened to the person who told me to do the side quests from the start! <kicks self in ass..repeatedly!> I am doing all sidequests this time around. So, I guess my dilemma is solved?!

That person would have been me :P

Yes if you do all the sidequests you will definitely get more than enough percentage needed for the good ending. Are you going to finish the game since you're on chapter 5? Then you can do new game game + to start over and you'll still have the percentage you ended the game with which helps keeping track of when you get new percentage you didn't get this time. :) personally I find some of the side missions more interesting than the main ones. Especially Paine's history - highlight of the game for me.

That person would have been me :P
So that's who it was. Well, here's a :cookie2: lol

Yes if you do all the sidequests you will definitely get more than enough percentage needed for the good ending. Are you going to finish the game since you're on chapter 5? Then you can do new game game + to start over and you'll still have the percentage you ended the game with which helps keeping track of when you get new percentage you didn't get this time. :) personally I find some of the side missions more interesting than the main ones. Especially Paine's history - highlight of the game for me.
Paine is a lesbo! She needs to show her feelings more! Then I would be able to enjoy her story more! It's like she won't let me get to know her character lol

As for the game, I have to start over! If I continue and do not get the ending where Tidus comes back... I will be devastated beyond belief! We're talking fetal position here! Maybe even spontaneous combustion. So, to avoid further heartbreak, I am going to start over! Like I have said before, I do not mind. The game is great! Not as good as FFX but still awesome! I love how she talks to Tidus. I get all upset when she loses hope though. Like don't give up.. don't lose hope<sniffle sniffle><manly tears>!

So that's who it was. Well, here's a :cookie2: lol

Paine is a lesbo! She needs to show her feelings more! Then I would be able to enjoy her story more! It's like she won't let me get to know her character lol

As for the game, I have to start over! If I continue and do not get the ending where Tidus comes back... I will be devastated beyond belief! We're talking fetal position here! Maybe even spontaneous combustion. So, to avoid further heartbreak, I am going to start over! Like I have said before, I do not mind. The game is great! Not as good as FFX but still awesome! I love how she talks to Tidus. I get all upset when she loses hope though. Like don't give up.. don't lose hope<sniffle sniffle><manly tears>!

You don't learn much about Paine at all unless you do her sidequests, then she comes out of her shell more and shows you her past. It's great, really interesting. I didn't really care much for her until I'd seen her histoy, but once I knew there was so much in the main story that made more sense, that you completely miss otherwise. But yeah, unless you do her sidequests (which involves finding all those spheres for the door under Mushroom Rock Road) she's just like a brick with no emotion that doesn't say very much. She's my favourite character in the game now though :D

Okay :) well I hope you fair better this time. The side missions can be really cool, a lot of them are very interesting and it really shows how the world of Spira has changed. Thank you for the cookie!

Back