[ The Oath ] A Squall x Rinoa club

Starships

Zero Gravity
Veteran
Gil
After seeing a Zidane x Dagger fanclub get created and revived I thought that it would be awesome to also make a small group for the couple of Final Fantasy VIII Squall and Rinoa.

If you're interested in joining please say !

: Feel free to post Youtube vids, Fanart- though please no Hentai or Ecchi, Fan-Fictions, Your own Fanart and more. The more stuff dedicated to the couple the better.

: I've also thought of a small contest idea to get things started and maybe a contest once a month ! This month I thought of a Essay idea. Explain in a few words ( it doesn't have to be a huge essay ) why you love Squall and Rinoa. The best Essay will be posted here and I'll try and see if I ask one of the Admins for some gil for a prize as well.

I'll give people to the end of the month to write the Essay, PM it to me and everything. So till the 1st October Australia time.

Good luck and start squealing over FF 8's main couple ! :boogie:

tumblr_lxsvctKpdl1r1bz0wo1_500.png

Attachments

• tumblr_lxsvctKpdl1r1bz0wo1_500.png
    tumblr_lxsvctKpdl1r1bz0wo1_500.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 369
I will be the first to join, i love this couple as its one of the most real relationship i have seen in the FF series just matched by YunaxTidus. I will do my essay much later and no fan art as i suck at drawing.

i liked that you can only name Squall and Rinoa as you can put your name and your girlfriend/boyfriend there and have a different experience, i cried when i let Rinoa get lost in Space.

I'd love to join. I adore Squall and Rinoa :cali:

They are so cute and I love how she brings him out of his shell and brightens him up.

I would join, but I haven't really played FFVIII much (only 1 disc), so I'd feel like a sham...! :gonk:

However, here is an image that supports both of the new pairing fanclubs! :3

2339ef7540df5581f0e2e8af61ef74a1f26dd3ed.jpg

I'd love to join. I adore Squall and Rinoa :cali:

They are so cute and I love how she brings him out of his shell and brightens him up.

Yes, thats why i liked 8 so much, the part where he Piggyback her to take her to Star is so lovely (Im a guy, im a guy, im a guy)

I was kinda surprised there wasnt a club for this pairing.

I was kinda surprised there wasnt a club for this pairing.

I think that there was from memory but it sorta died. I'll update the 1st page and make it all fancy soon ! Also some questions to try and keep the club alive ! WE CANNOT LET THIS CLUB GO TO AERITH & GAULF LAND !

: What is your favorite Squall x Rinoa moment ?

: What do you think that could of been done better to make their relationship sound more believable ?

: Why do you think it was Rinoa that managed to break down Squall's shell and not Quistis or Selphie ?

: Do you think that Squall x Rinoa will last for a long time and have kids and get married ?

: If they had children what do you think they would be like ? Would one become a Witch like Rinoa ? Would they become a SeeD ? Use your creative mind !

I'd like to join. I love FFVIII and of course part of that is Squall and Rinoa's relationship throughout the game. To answer the questions:

- I love the Waltz for the Moon sequence, great music theme, and it's sweet watching Squall gradually get more comfortable as he dances with Rinoa.

- I think the game sometimes feels like the pacing is a little off, or like some of the progress in Squall's feelings towards Rinoa get lost. As such, he seemingly jumps from being fairly distant towards her to being deeply in love with her and desperate to hear her voice again etc after what happens to her at the end of Disc 2. It feels a little too drastic!

- Rinoa's personality intrigued Squall I think, it complements his somewhat (whereas Quistis is a lot more like Squall). And I guess we can't control who we fall in love with. Squall was drawn to Rinoa even when he found her exasperating.

- I like happy endings in my FF games so I would hope they stayed together and lived a happy life, whether that involved marriage, kids or whatever :)

- I can imagine Squall having a son that takes more after Laguna, and Squall finding it hard to understand his personality as a result XD Perhaps is they had a daughter she would be a Sorceress and Rinoa and Edea might have to help her with that. Not sure they would become SeeDs, I think Squall and Rinoa would want their children to do something different to them.

: What is your favorite Squall x Rinoa moment ?
The dance FMV in Balamb Party, they looked so good dancing and the FMV is beautiful, sure it wasnt that romantic but Rinoa showed she had determination.

: What do you think that could of been done better to make their relationship sound more believable ?

For me its very believable, maybe a little more of romance before Rinoa gets in a coma.

: Why do you think it was Rinoa that managed to break down Squall's shell and not Quistis or Selphie ?

Her determination, Quistis could have but her Instructor/student relationship with Squall was some kinda like a Wall, Selphie wasnt that focused or interestes for that matter. While most girls would give up on Squall she didnt, she never let Squall cold facade deter her to bringing the true Squall.

: Do you think that Squall x Rinoa will last for a long time and have kids and get married ?

I hope so, if something like the events of FF8 didnt got on their way, what would it?

: If they had children what do you think they would be like ? Would one become a Witch like Rinoa ? Would they become a SeeD ? Use your creative mind !

The son a Seed and the daughter a Witch and they would be known as the "Kickass sibblings" and hopefully Quistis can fall in love with Squall son and be corresponded (Quistis deserve some love).

Last edited:
Sorry to bump an old thread but I just came across this and seeing as how Squinoa is my OTP, I obviously have to join :P

What is your favorite Squall x Rinoa moment ?

The scene on the Ragnarok, in the cockpit.

What do you think that could of been done better to make their relationship sound more believable ?

I already think it's one of the more
realistic relationships in the series. They go through a lot together and that allows people to forge a connection. Especially with their bond. But perhaps...Squall did kind of jump on the Rinoa bandwagon really quickly after she fell into a coma. Perhaps some more positive interaction just before that would make it seem more plausible.

Why do you think it was Rinoa that managed to break down Squall's shell and not Quistis or Selphie ?

You know, trying to explain relationships is nearly impossible. I think the way that Rinoa approached it was a good mixture of pressure and playfulness. In Quistis' case, she pushed and pushed and shared a side of herself that she thought was appropriate between friends and peers. To Squall, I don't think he considered her a friend and so it seemed like overstepping boundaries. With Rinoa, she kind of pushed herself onto him, not just her problems. I think coming to get to know her as a friend (or a client if you wanna go there) helped? I really don't know. And I think most of the time, Squall thinks Selphie is annoying. I doubt he'd just run up to her and be like, "Let me vent!"

Do you think that Squall x Rinoa will last for a long time and have kids and get married ?

If anyone has read 'In Honor of Our Children' by Tarlia, it kind of explores this. It's tough to say. They're really young when they meet each other and people change so much between the ages of 18-22. I do think that, due to their bond, they'd try their hardest to grow together. There will be bumps along the way, obviously. But considering their deep affection for each other, I'd like to imagine that they'd both eventually work it out.

If they had children what do you think they would be like ? Would one become a Witch like Rinoa ? Would they become a SeeD ? Use your creative mind !

If they had a daughter, I imagine she would eventually become a sorceress (i.e.: when Rinoa passes away). In the meantime, boy or girl, I'd imagine with how closely Squall is tied to SeeD, that they would follow in his footsteps. It's difficult to grow up in a military family and not join, from what I've seen.

Back