Lightning Returns General Discussion Thread

Meh I didn't bother reading any strats I just follow my own guide stagger it twice and burn as much HP off as fast as I can and with the Buster Sword Maxed out + my other melee build with Odins Weapon burned about 40-50% of its hp on the first full stagger (if I had EP at the time probably would have gotten it killed :x )

Aeronite seems too easy once you stagger it for the 3rd-4th time it'll stay down till you kill it :eek:

His only problem is having enough attack power. He does stay down, but for a limited time. If you don't kill him within that frame, he flies away again. lol

Oh, I agree its best not to read any strategy guides. I had a hell of a time with that boss, but after messing around and experimenting, I found something unexpected. I'll leave it at that! ^^

I havent played anymore of LR is quite awhile. I took a break from it after Caius kicked my ass time after time again, and I havent really felt a need to wanna go back and play it anymore. I restarted the game and got to day 2 and just kinda sat it down.

So the price is down already. I wasn't expecting it so soon, it hasn't even been out a month and it's down from £40 to £25. I considered getting it (since I was going to wait for the price to drop) but FFX/X-2 is going to take up most of my time so I didn't bother. Also yeah Lightning's on the back of FFX/X-2 Remaster :( :(

I can't say "Get out more" as I want to be inside playing different games but I haven't touched any other game since putting this title in my PS3 last month.
This is my third play and despite being on "Easy Mode" I've got further into the game than I've previously got. Managed to complete at least 4 main quests. Managed to make it to 12 days. And I still haven't got the "Slutty Cat" costume. (Or whatever it's called)
What I really love about the game is the incidental details of the game. The way the people in the world are quite happy. Plus at least this time I've managed to cause a few extinctions.
First time I played it I only managed 7 days. I can see how some people might have thrown in the towel. And although the music doesn't touch XIII-2, I'm still magnetised to this title.
It's a great way for the company to say goodbye to the PS3 console with a trilogy. And no, of course I can't explain the entire plot from XIII to LR.
But I'm enjoying it. The fact that you keep some stuff from your previous game in the next is a massive help!
Finally figured out how to change clothes. Might give it a break after this game finishes. (Made it to the last day, but at least have more of a clue what I'm doing now)
But then play what? Get my arse handed to me on X so bad I'm going to have to replay the whole thing again?
So it might not be for some, but I'm OK with this game. And it's going to take many months and plays to unlock all it's secrets.
I disagree with the Internet when it says Lightning's breasts have got larger as the games have gone on.
Or at least, I'm prepared to look at picture evidence to be certain! :monocle:

But then play what? Get my arse handed to me on X so bad I'm going to have to replay the whole thing again?
I suggest Final Fantasy 6, 4, and 3.
So it might not be for some, but I'm OK with this game. And it's going to take many months and plays to unlock all it's secrets.
I disagree with the Internet when it says Lightning's breasts have got larger as the games have gone on.
Or at least, I'm prepared to look at picture evidence to be certain! :monocle:
I think it depends how much you're willing to forgive it. But i genuinely believe the internet is right on the money with Lightning's Breasts. In FF13 she appears to be a B-cup at most. She wasn't wearing anything Flattering to show any definition of the size.

FF13-2 shows more flattering outfit, and the brestplate suggest that they are indeed larger. In FF13: LR shows worst design, but it was confirmed they became larger due to compliment the costumes she wears. so it doesn't really matter if its been confirmed at least in LR.

Recently picked up Lightning Returns and nearly 6 hours in I am starting to think this will end up taking XIII's place for me as the worst FF game. Whomever thought it was a good idea to put a timer on an RGP which if it ends forces you to restart the game and not only that but to also combine it with Hope's exasperating non-stop talking and the be back home at 6:00 a.m. every day gimmick should be shouted to oblivion by the mouths of all. It completely ruins the experience. Starting with the hopeless thing that is Hope, I hate games that treat me as if I am too stupid to figure things out or as if I have a ridiculously short attention span. Hope is nearly always pointing out the obvious or is constantly reminding you of things you already know and he does this over and over again to the point where it becomes annoying and distracting. I already KNOW I will be teleported back at 6:00, I KNOW there is a ladder there I can use or that I only need another number for the passcode, so pretty please...with sugar on top...shut the hell up. It is as if the game doesn't trusts the capability of the player to figure things out on his own and goes out of it's way to hand hold you in a rather abrasive manner.

The combat and schema system are quite interesting but with the first, since you don't earn experience by winning fights and you spend a lot of time in them and since you are always racing against time you are very much discouraged to enter fights. The same goes with fiddling around with the multitude of possibilities of the schema system, the clock is always ticking, so better hurry up. They also give you four expansive open hubs but the game is very much anti-exploration due to the same time mechanic and opening the menu every minute and a half to use Chronostasis is no fun. The game graphics surprisingly look worse than XIII-2 and the locations look unpolished, lacking in details and atmosphere.

It is really not a fun experience in my opinion, you are just doing fetch quests all over the place and walking none stop back and forth across the entire map in a rather disorienting manner to the rhythm of a clock and Hope's incessant ramblings while...damn...6:00 a.m. time is up!

Recently picked up Lightning Returns and nearly 6 hours in I am starting to think this will end up taking XIII's place for me as the worst FF game. Whomever thought it was a good idea to put a timer on an RGP which if it ends forces you to restart the game and not only that but to also combine it with Hope's exasperating non-stop talking and the be back home at 6:00 a.m. every day gimmick should be shouted to oblivion by the mouths of all. It completely ruins the experience. Starting with the hopeless thing that is Hope, I hate games that treat me as if I am too stupid to figure things out or as if I have a ridiculously short attention span. Hope is nearly always pointing out the obvious or is constantly reminding you of things you already know and he does this over and over again to the point where it becomes annoying and distracting. I already KNOW I will be teleported back at 6:00, I KNOW there is a ladder there I can use or that I only need another number for the passcode, so pretty please...with sugar on top...shut the hell up. It is as if the game doesn't trusts the capability of the player to figure things out on his own and goes out of it's way to hand hold you in a rather abrasive manner.

The combat and schema system are quite interesting but with the first, since you don't earn experience by winning fights and you spend a lot of time in them and since you are always racing against time you are very much discouraged to enter fights. The same goes with fiddling around with the multitude of possibilities of the schema system, the clock is always ticking, so better hurry up. They also give you four expansive open hubs but the game is very much anti-exploration due to the same time mechanic and opening the menu every minute and a half to use Chronostasis is no fun. The game graphics surprisingly look worse than XIII-2 and the locations look unpolished, lacking in details and atmosphere.

It is really not a fun experience in my opinion, you are just doing fetch quests all over the place and walking none stop back and forth across the entire map in a rather disorienting manner to the rhythm of a clock and Hope's incessant ramblings while...damn...6:00 a.m. time is up!

Sorry you feel that way about the game. The game is actually fun if you give it a chance. Chronostasis is there to help you experience all the content in the game. I actually enjoyed Lightning Returns because it clears up the XIII series rather well. You find out lots of things that were just lingering questions in the other two games. You are not discouraged to enter fights at all, imo. You can just use chronstasis every time it runs out and then get some more EP if you are able to. It is not a matter of racing the clock. If you absolutely explore and do everything, the game will take you 40-50 hours. You are not going to want to charge into the story just like that because later bosses will absolutely obliterate you.

About Hope: Yep, he is going to get as obvious as can be. The game fails to keep much suspense involved between characters and even Lumina is obvious from the get go. Unfortunately the world in XIII-2 pretty much got fucked (excuse my language) but what else would SE have done in this game? Everyone was pretty much screwed from the get go. If you pay attention, you should know why the world is like that. The previous games even hint at Bhunivelze's awakening. I saw no problems with the graphics, and I thought they looked the same.

I don't really know how anyone can find the time limit restricting. It was far too much time to have difficulty completing the main game really, add chronostasis into the mix and I don't understand how anybody even notices the clock because it's so inconsequential. As for being discourage to fight...how exactly are you discouraged from fighting? You gain EP from fighting which is what you use to stop the clock? Isn't that encouraging for someone who seems to have a problem with there not being enough time?

I got a question regarding the Aster Protoflorian and its ability to Exoproof itself with certain elements.

If it Exoproofs itself with fire, it means it will absorb fire and heal? Ice will be its weakness in this state correct?
+Fire/ -Ice

As for the other three,
+Ice / -Fire
+Lightning / -Wind
+Wind / -Lightning

Is this correct?
The elements that are exoproofed and absorbed (+) have these weaknesses or opposites (-) that will do the most damage?

I.E. +Wind / -Lightning. The Lightning element is the element that will cause the most damage or stagger chance against the Exoproof:Wind state?

I would like it if someone could clear this up.
Thanks.

I got a question regarding the Aster Protoflorian and its ability to Exoproof itself with certain elements.

If it Exoproofs itself with fire, it means it will absorb fire and heal? Ice will be its weakness in this state correct?
+Fire/ -Ice

As for the other three,
+Ice / -Fire
+Lightning / -Wind
+Wind / -Lightning

Is this correct?
The elements that are exoproofed and absorbed (+) have these weaknesses or opposites (-) that will do the most damage?

I.E. +Wind / -Lightning. The Lightning element is the element that will cause the most damage or stagger chance against the Exoproof:Wind state?

I would like it if someone could clear this up.
Thanks.

Yes I'm pretty sure that's correct. I know I always used that technique to kill it.

I made sure i had one of each spell when i was farming that guy, only thing to note for the omega form is if you hit it with any spell that isn't its weakness it only hits it for 1 dmg, so make sure you have all the spells available on your schema.

Back