Little things that annoy you

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
What are some little no big deal every day things that annoy you?

For some reason, random people send mail to the wrong address at our house. Our neighbor always has his stuff delivered to our place with our address. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't get packages practically every day. He's also hard to get a hold of because he's not exactly friendly. We also get mail for random people who have never lived at our address. The original sender simply put down the wrong address.

I also hate reciepts. I always shove them in my purse and then end up building up. I am happy that some places are now allowing reciepts to be e-mailed. Lately I've been requesting no to get a reciept.

One of the little things that annoy me is my brother, he ask me to do things for him all the time. Then he says he has something important to do that's why he can't help or get his own things. Then when I do the things for him I only find him on his laptop or that the items he wants me to get is only a few feet away from him...

When people don't say thank you :jimberry: Whether I'm out with my friend and I buy her something, or I hold the door open for someone, it's like can you please show a bit of appreciation? I could have just ignored you but no, I went out of my way (whether big or small) to help you out, and you can't even utter two words :rage: It's moments like this that I turn on my Full House face and say "How Rude."

When people don't try in video games :mokken: If I ever play video games with any of my female friends, they all suck or purposely do bad. Mario Kart: "How do I move again?" WE HAVE PLAYED THE GAME A HUNDRED TIMES. HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO MOVE. WHY DON'T YOU TRY PRESSING ONE OF THE BUTTONS AND SEE IF YOU CAN GO FORWARD? MAYBE THAT WILL SOLVE YOUR DILEMMA. A few of my stupid buddies think they are sooooo funny when they purpously go backwards or go off the edge or try to shoot teammates every chance you get or whatever. It's like hey, it's not funny anymore. Now play the game THE RIGHT WAY. AHHHHHH I'M ALL FIRED UP JUST THINKING ABOUT IT :rage: I suppose I'm the only gamer girl in my area and I'll have to play alone :sad3:

Well those are 2 of the many things that annoy me :grin:

Haha the things Marlena mentioned are some things that annoy me too. I hate people who don't have manners :S How hard is it to say please or thank you? Why is it too hard to ask how someone is or something? Ugh it's just annoying. I try my hardest to be polite so everyone else should too.

I don't like it when people put things in their mouth that shouldn't go in their mouth. Like :hmmm: a headphone cable or one of those draw strings on their clothes or something. I hate it, it bothers me so much.
One buddy of mine know's I hate this and purposely does it just to annoy me :ahmed:

I hate repeating myself, if I say something and someone goes WHAT!?? I hate having to say it again. So I will just go :hmph: nevermind. Even if i wanted the person to hear what I had to say. My mum does this all the time. I think I have to repeat every single word I say to her every time. Ugh I have given up now and just don't bother.

More things annoy me but I cannot remember any more atm.

When people don't try in video games :mokken: If I ever play video games with any of my female friends, they all suck or purposely do bad. Mario Kart: "How do I move again?" WE HAVE PLAYED THE GAME A HUNDRED TIMES. HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO MOVE. WHY DON'T YOU TRY PRESSING ONE OF THE BUTTONS AND SEE IF YOU CAN GO FORWARD? MAYBE THAT WILL SOLVE YOUR DILEMMA. A few of my stupid buddies think they are sooooo funny when they purpously go backwards or go off the edge or try to shoot teammates every chance you get or whatever. It's like hey, it's not funny anymore. Now play the game THE RIGHT WAY. AHHHHHH I'M ALL FIRED UP JUST THINKING ABOUT IT :rage: I suppose I'm the only gamer girl in my area and I'll have to play alone :sad3:

I know exactly what you mean. I introduced my brother to Uncharted 3 (multiplayer) a few days ago. Bad idea. He seems to like it, but he also can't put down his damn cell phone. It's really annoying because he uses my PSN ID and every time he dies (waiting for someone to heal him), he picks up his cell phone to text someone. I'm tempted to grab the controller from him sometimes. Or his cell, whichever. He also has a habit of being an annoying player and I think he does it on purpose.

Another similar instance is when we're all watching a movie together, this very same brother of mine (the very same brother that @DivineGladiolus is ranting about haha) will watch for 5 minutes and then play around with his cell phone again. Heck, even when we're swimming, he has to get out of the pool and text. :hmph:

A lack of manners annoys me too. >_< Those two words 'thank you' make such a difference. Those who don't say it appear to expect what you're doing. :hmmm:

I also find it very annoying when people won't even TRY food. I can understand children behaving this way, but fully grown adults?? The other month, my parents and I went to eat out with my Dad's old work colleagues, all of whom are in their 50s and above. We go to this restaurant often and their food is absolultely divine; I've never eaten anywhere better, seriously. The attention to detail in their flavours is fantastic and the pieces within each dish are never boring! Regardless, this fully grown man didn't even TOUCH his vegetables. He just had the chunk of meat and left the rest. If you try food and don't like it, fair enough, but it's very impolite to not try ANY vegetables, especially in a family owned restaurant. :gasp:

Another thing which annoys me is people who argue that vegetables are wimpy and boring and not worth calling food, especially when they say this to a vegetarian before insisting they eat meat. :lew: If cooked incorrectly, yeah, vegetables can be a bit nasty, but so can overcooked, gristly, fatty meat! -_- I've encountered this argument a lot due to being vegetarian for 8 years before turning pescatarian. :lew:

Gosh, you can hear my annoyance in my tone. :lew:

*smiles instead* :yay:

When people skip movie, game or book installments. :raye:

It shouldn't annoy me this much, but it's like my top 3 worst pet peeves about a person. There are many exceptions to my feelings towards this, like for example how each Final Fantasy game is standalone and it doesn't matter if you start at FF1 or FF13. Certain movie sequels are almost completely unrelated and sometimes are spinoffs of one another, and I'll let that go, as well...

Let me make up a scenario to describe how I feel about this:

Me: "Hey, do you like videogames?"
Person I barely know: "Yes. I'm such a huge fan of games like Resident Evil!"
Me: "Ohmygoodness! Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica are my two favourites."
Person I barely know: "Oh, well I only played Resident Evil 5, so I wouldn't know."
Me to this person: "AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A FAN?!":slap:

and it's even worse when they try to justify it by saying "Oh, I wouldn't skip a movie or book, but it's a game so it doesn't matter :awesome:" and then I'm thinking BITCHPLEASE, games have narratives for a reason, and usually do a shit-tastic job recapping or none at all! Just because the game is the newest and most popular doesn't mean it's okay to skip to it! AGHHHH.

There was that one time when someone called me 'wrong' for saying you get a more 'enhanced' experience from playing a series from its origins, since you have experienced the full story from the beginning and feel fully accomplished. That person is no longer on my Facebook friends list. O>o

I get so annoyed when my parents are unfair and 50% of the house chores are for me to perform when I have other 2 brothers. Sometimes I just say The hell with this and go over to my grandma's for a few days :D. Also when Im asked to pick up something that is literally 2 inches away from the person that asked me to... Are you fucking(I dont like to swear but some situations are begging for it) kidding me?

I hate it when people find some glitch or some element in the game to exploit and use it to win constantly. It's like "really can't you just simply do something else besides the same thing over and over and over again?!?!"

IE: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. This friend would simply spam "Rasengan" or "Chidori" again and again and again. Run and Rasengan, Run and Rasengan...I would pull Deidara and BOMB 'EM TO DEATH! It's so fugging annoying.

Getting other peoples mail in our box.

Xbox freezing randomly

Randomly dropping my xbox controller (happens once a day)

The Bathroom door not locking even though I pressed the damn button.

The Big Chair moving to the left. So when I sit I get attacked by the AC.

Using too much hand sanitizer on the Lil Broski.

That's all I got. Yes these things happen daily. It's pretty annoying and in some cases, frustrating.

One thing that annoys me is when people don't have the toilet roll a certain way.

Every time I go to the toilet at home someone has turned it back to the way Steve and I hate it!

We were fine for five years because it was just us on our own. >.<

I hate waiting. I'm such an impatient person...long lines, traffic jams, and etc really press my temper.

I hate when people cut in lines...it's like wtf do you see me here? I have all day to sit and wait and you don't? Why are you more important than I am? :hmph:

I hate when people use me, for one thing or another. Whether it be for their convenience or personal reasons. What about what I want or need? What about *my* feelilngs?

I hate when people don't have manners. I'm so careful to say please and thankyou and be courteous to people, yet we live in a world of self important arseholes :hmph:

I hate when people ride my bumper when I'm driving...it's like nooooooo I'm not planning on getting a speeding ticket for you, so please go around me you prick :rage:

I hate many other things, I just don't have all day to write them down here :wacky:

When I'm cooking and someone touches the food I'm preparing or tries to help me prepare it without requesting their assistance.

Drives me crazy.

- When YouTube changes. I hate that, so much. For me personally I didn’t like that they removed the 1-5 star system, or that you can no longer search for the “most viewed” in the search bar. Now they have also added the horrible “If you have subscribed to a person we will now have what they like and favorite showing on your YouTube front page, so that you are forced to get hundreds of recommended videos when you log on”. Watching a video about something new and cool that you don’t know much about and want more? Well don’t fear because now YouTube suddenly only shows you things that you have already seen before in the side videos. But the absolute worst thing with YouTube is the forced commercials.

- When I’m the one that has to use the Wii controller when I’m playing Super Smash Brawl with my friends. I don’t know what it is but the GameCube controller is just so much better.

- When I have to wash and clean after my cats mess.

- When people use their age to improve a statement.

- Being distressed and checks the door 3 times in a row to be sure I’ve locket it.

- When I forget someone's name.

- Rush hour

- When someone has found a “miracle cure” or product for something and wants you to click on a link so that you can read about it. Then when you read about it the only thing it tells you over and over again as you scroll down is how amazing it is and what it has done for so many people. Then this blog or video continues to tell how older methods sucks compared to this new thing and how so many previous techniques/products etc. were so bad. In the end however they never show you how to do/get the thing that their blog promotes or their video tittle said. At the very end however you get a “BUY NOW” and maybe a picture of a book or “click here to buy this dvd” some examples like “How to get gold in wow! You don’t want to be like all the suckers out there? Do not fear! Because with these easy steps you can earn the same amount of gold three thousand times faster!” Or how about: “How to get the body of a greek god!” watch our hour long video to show you how to do it (buy our real guide that we will mention at the end of the video)

- Web pages that require you to allow pop ups.

Last edited:
i dont like waiting. doing the school run annoys me so much, as if im there early, im just stood there waiting. It does my head in

It annoys me when someone leaves a plate on the side on the other side of the sink. THE SINK IS RIGHT THERE, JUST PUT IT IN! I dont know why that annoys me so much but it really does. tis the same when someone leaves a teabag on the side. That winds me up like you wouldnt believe. the bin is NEXT to where the kettle is. JUST THROW IT AWAY. If you're having a brew and you spill abit - especially if sugar is involved. Wipe the side down. it winds me up coming to it later and theres sugar stuck to the side

There's not a lot that doesn't annoy me tbh.

It annoys me when someone leaves a plate on the side on the other side of the sink. THE SINK IS RIGHT THERE, JUST PUT IT IN! I dont know why that annoys me so much but it really does.

I used to hate when ever someone came over to our house and would use a glass and then put the dirty glass/plate etc on the drying side of the sink.
YOU DO NOT PUT DIRTY DISHES WITH THE CLEAN DISHES! Put it on the opposite side where I clearly have a dirty pile waiting to be washed!

tis the same when someone leaves a teabag on the side. That winds me up like you wouldnt believe. the bin is NEXT to where the kettle is. JUST THROW IT AWAY.

O M G my mum always leaves her used teabags in a bowl on the bench next to the kettle. I'm like 'Seriously?' The bin is two feet behind you! I'm forever throwing her tea bags away. I don't understand how things like that are apparently too hard. :rage:

I think I'm a little OCD when it comes to it being tidy and neat.

It doesn't need to be perfect but c'mon pick up after yourself!

You can't expect me to do all the cleaning all the time when I ask you to help, you refuse.

[You can thank my family & boyfriend]

Instead of piling up dishes, rinse it and put it in the sink

Fold your clothes and put them away.

Ugh. -__-

Parents. Both having them, and being one. There is no win in this scenario. Parents who treat you like you're younger and stupider than your own children just because your female, and gods forbid, females can think too! Oh my God! And chlidren because life is cruel and you will recognize so many of your own younger self annoying habits in your kids and then not be able to decide whether to yell at them or smack yourself in the face.

Growing old... yeah... nothing really beats that kick up the bum. You might feel young but have just a glance in the mirror and behold the horror of your aging face. Yes, that's you in there, scowling back at yourself and wondering what the hell happened. Weren't you going to have like... achieved great things by this point.

Whining old person will shut up now. lolololol

I hate when people dont use turn signals. I hate when people only drive 5 feet away from me. I hate when people go under the speed limit. I hate when people try to tell me how to drive. I hate when people cant put the fucking grocery cart away when the thing is literally right where they left the cart. I hate when people leave trash and empty cups on store shelves. I hate when people put thing in aisles that they dont belong in.
I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HATE WHEN THE TOILET PAPER ROLL IS EMPTY AND NOBODY CHANGES IT WHEN THEY TAKE THE LAST PIECE!!!! :rage:
I hate bandwagon sports fans that wanna fit in and be one of the "cool kids" because a certain team won a championship.

Thats just a select few that come to mind.

Back