XBox Is it hard or impossible to get all achievements on certain games alone

Cloud8

Blue Mage
Gil
You guys I'm playing a little of Sims 3 so i thought of asking you about Xbox 360 achievements in general I'm not going to say what games I'm asking about certain games so this question is out of curiosity and yes also it's asking your opinions too thanks.

Is it hard or impossible to get all achievements on certain games/or doing it alone?

Like getting all achievements in resident evil 5 or how about all achievements in lego batman and yes many more I'm not asking for help don't worry I'm just wondering if I'm playing Xbox 360 at all and yes if I'm working on getting all unlockables or do anything fun in those games and yes having fun and yes also getting achievements if i haven't gotten it already and yes also same question about achievements if you are doing it alone :).

thanks for your opinions and thanks for your honesty :).

I'm sure it's not impossible. But hard to do? I would imagine unlocking every single achievement or trophy by yourself for any game would take some time and would be a little hard to do.

Some 100% completions take less than 30 minutes (Trine 2 for example)

Resident Evil 5 is simple to get 100%. You could probably do it in less than 15 hours if you really know what you're doing.

Lego Batman was pretty easy too. Just a little time consuming with all the level replays to find red bricks/character studs etc. My wife and I had a race to see who could get 100% the quickest. I lost :mad:

Impossible is a possibility, yes, as some games require you to play with another person for achievements. Note Socom 4, for example, which requires players to beat the entire game on co-op for an achievement. This changes from game to game, obviously, so it isn't always true.

I don't have a 360 so I can't give you great examples, only PS3 ones. I assure you, however, they exist.

I have a 360 but the only games I've gotten a significant number of achievements for are the Left 4 Dead games. And yes it is very difficult to get all of the achievements on those games. Some require versus mode, which I'm not really a fan of. There are also some that are just extremely difficult. For example: Kill a charger with a melee weapon while it is charging or Make it through an entire campaign without being vomited on by a boomer. Neither of those are impossible but they are very difficult. If you don't have xbox live, the achievements for versus mode are impossible I would think.

I have a 360 but the only games I've gotten a significant number of achievements for are the Left 4 Dead games. And yes it is very difficult to get all of the achievements on those games. Some require versus mode, which I'm not really a fan of. There are also some that are just extremely difficult. For example: Kill a charger with a melee weapon while it is charging or Make it through an entire campaign without being vomited on by a boomer. Neither of those are impossible but they are very difficult. If you don't have xbox live, the achievements for versus mode are impossible I would think.

OK thanks for telling me and i like to say i love your avatar pic which character is she? And maybe i know her maybe i don't

What I don't like about certain games concerning achievements is that one's that are online and have those kind of achievements, after a while of that game being out, the game will go offline. This will prevent future gamers down the road from completing the achievements on a specific game that they are looking to 100%.

Otherwise, my only problem I tend to fear with achievements is timed goals. Like for example, I did not get the GTA IV achievement called Liberty City Minute which is complete the game in under 30 hours. Now I'm sure I could have done it easily had I flown through the game and never did a side-quest. BUT, I love completing as much of the game as possible, was working on other achievements, so I broke the time allowed and have to start over if I want that achievement now.

yes, some of them are very challenging

i think it was like mega kill or killtacular or something halo 3? at one point i would always get close to getting it, but never quite could

its like you're just playing a swords match, you rape like 3 people and this last little prick won't stop running away

i try not to take achievements too seriously unless i can earn them in a game's campaign mode or aren't super difficult to obtain. for example, i think achievements in skyrim/oblivion are too easy to earn. i kind of like it like that, but it doesn't hurt to have a few "If they came to hear me beg" Achievements, they can be a lot of fun.

i managed to get that charger one, but it was a complete fluke. i remember halo 3 had some crazy ones like get a double kill with a spartan laser, and another one where you had to kill someone who was kijacking a banshee or something stupid like that. i like it when games have daft achievements like that, because even if you try your hardest, it usually just comes down to sheer luck if you get them.

Some games also require that your submitted video or content be the highest rated one in the community to receive the achievement. Naturally the longer the game has been out the more impossible these become.

i think it was like mega kill or killtacular or something halo 3? at one point i would always get close to getting it, but never quite could

its like you're just playing a swords match, you rape like 3 people and this last little prick won't stop running away.

The one where you had to get an Overkill (4 kills) AND then the achievement of a Triple kill with an energy sword I happened to get all at once. I was actually aiming for the sword achievement when I got it, not the overkill, but I got lucky and nailed 2 birds with 1 stone.

The submitted video achievements that Emmy The Great is talking about sounds like it would suck. There's so many gamers that play these games that getting to that position would seemingly take a great amount of boosting.

yes, thats the one

i could never seem to quite get it =(

but this is really the first im hearing of any user submitted achievements

Honestly I prefer doign them alone and "certain" games have some achievments thats actually good to have you use a stupid ai character as a decoy to win on a harder difficulty since they can never die opposed to if you or your friend was playing just to give an example. If the achievment doesnt require 2 people then me personally I do it alone, everything I do alone if its not required co op just cause its an achievment thats meant for me alone too achieve for myself not to cheat and violate the whole point of accomplishing something that I wanted to do or myself by getting help, but thats just me.

Back