FFII: What would you change?

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
This is the second game in the Final Fantasy series. It is quite infamous for its arguably bad levelling system. What would you wish to be different in the game?

My opinions:
-Let magic have a separate levelling system that does not involve using it to level up at all. Probably for weapons too.
-Make grinding less necessary.
-Remove random encounters in the sea.

make the leveling up not on a damage taken basis.. and also make some enemy encounters a lil easier. i maxed my guys out and still got killed by some enemies. i agree with the magic.. i brought my guys to brink of death and empty magic trying to build them up.. also make some areas not accessable until you hit a certain part of the game or level.. i once was level 10 and wondered by accident to an area where i was beat down by level 25 creatures... oh and the code words.. i had to write so much down..

-Leveling up
-Reduce the encounter rate
-Get rid of the magics Lv
-Let you choose the final fourth member as the one you get (Forgot the name) i didnt like it (I would choose the pirate woman)

I actually got annoyed with the text remembering system. Trying to find who to talk to and what to say to them, what to learn, then find someone else and tell them what you just learned....and then find someone else to tell them the word you learned, then learn a new word from them, and repeat. While it was an interesting concept it got really old, really fast.

And I'm probably one of the few fans who likes the idea of leveling up via what action/magic/weapon you use in battle. But since it's widely hated, I guess I would change that too since I would want to make other fans happy.

Back