What is Final Fantasy XI like when you first play it

Cloud8

Blue Mage
Gil
Sorry you guys if you think I'm a noob/or if i sound like a noob but What is Final Fantasy XI like when you first play it?

I asked because i didn't have a chance to try it yet and i have Final Fantasy XI online Ultimate Collection for Xbox 360 in my collection and yes i have one the came with both the instruction book and Quick Manual and on the back is a little dirty but i can clean it no problem.

You may call me a geek and a nerd and I'm proud to be one sorry if i say it again and also i was wondering What is Final Fantasy XI like since i have the Final Fantasy XI online Ultimate Collection for Xbox 360 version and i do apologize if it's a stupid question or silly one i was just curios about it thanks again everyone

I play FFXI from time to time even now, it is by far superior then XIV but I will say it can get a little dull as no one seems to do much now except do page grinding parties, which basically goes like this:

Pick a page from a book in an area (a page is a quest for a specific area that people can do over and over again)
An alliance (up to 18 people in 3 groups of 6) of random levels (you can level sync down to a person in your parties level, so for instance even a level 50 can be in a party with a bunch of level 20's) goes about killing say for instance 6-10 of monster x
Upon completion of said quest you get a set amount of EXP
Rinse and repeat.

Literally this is the only way you can grind to 99 (the level cap), course after you level up your skillset will be capped the the level your synced to so for instance a level 20 can have a cap of 20 and a level 60 can have 60 (not actual amounts but you get the idea) when you sync down to level 20 your skill cap is also 20 and wont advance till you remove the level sync and attack things of a suitable level, not to mention that because your skill cap is so gimped you could very well be missing over half the time if not more, it makes for very frustrating leveling.

Also don't pick up this game unless you have many hours of spare time, seriously, I would consider 3 hours to be the minimum amount of time to play to make your game worth while as FFXI is not made for convenient traveling.

I play FFXI from time to time even now, it is by far superior then XIV but I will say it can get a little dull as no one seems to do much now except do page grinding parties, which basically goes like this:

Pick a page from a book in an area (a page is a quest for a specific area that people can do over and over again)
An alliance (up to 18 people in 3 groups of 6) of random levels (you can level sync down to a person in your parties level, so for instance even a level 50 can be in a party with a bunch of level 20's) goes about killing say for instance 6-10 of monster x
Upon completion of said quest you get a set amount of EXP
Rinse and repeat.

Literally this is the only way you can grind to 99 (the level cap), course after you level up your skillset will be capped the the level your synced to so for instance a level 20 can have a cap of 20 and a level 60 can have 60 (not actual amounts but you get the idea) when you sync down to level 20 your skill cap is also 20 and wont advance till you remove the level sync and attack things of a suitable level, not to mention that because your skill cap is so gimped you could very well be missing over half the time if not more, it makes for very frustrating leveling.

Also don't pick up this game unless you have many hours of spare time, seriously, I would consider 3 hours to be the minimum amount of time to play to make your game worth while as FFXI is not made for convenient traveling.

thanks for the answer one more thing can i summon one of my favorite summons bahamut or any summons for the matter you can't

Summoner is an advanced job that you have to do a quest to unlock when you reach a job level 30 and there are several decent Summons such as Shiva Ifrit Fenrir and Diabolos (there are others but those are the ones I can remember off of the top of my head, like FFVIII you have to fight the Summon to get them (very fun and very tough battles) though I don't think Bahamut is a summon but I do think you can fight him (been quite a while since I played lol) but I won't go into the story, the main attraction for me is the story, as in all final fantasy games the story is very good and has many expantions which all have a story of their own.

Back