Zidane's Monkey Tail: Weird or Sexy? xD

Do you like Zidane's monkey tail?

• Total voters
Yeah, but complaining about Zidane's tail as if he's the only one in the party with strange traits on his person is also a little blind and seems like looking for something that isn't really there.

All the party are a bunch of freakshows, Zidane tails doesnt make him that special and so my theory stands, more considering that this chapter in the FF series is a reference to all games and maybe, just maybe Dragon Ball.

To be honest, once I'd got over the initial "What? That guy has a tail!" thing when I first saw Zidane, I never really noticed it either way. Every now and again I'd spot it, or like when he jumps up and grabs the beam with his tail I'd obviously notice it, but on the whole I just accepted the fact that he was a guy with a tail.

I mean, I've played other FF games, I've accepted Moombas and Guado and Viera, a guy having a tail in a FF game isn't really going to make me sit up and go "wow" or "what?!"

To be honest, once I'd got over the initial "What? That guy has a tail!" thing when I first saw Zidane, I never really noticed it either way. Every now and again I'd spot it, or like when he jumps up and grabs the beam with his tail I'd obviously notice it, but on the whole I just accepted the fact that he was a guy with a tail.

I mean, I've played other FF games, I've accepted Moombas and Guado and Viera, a guy having a tail in a FF game isn't really going to make me sit up and go "wow" or "what?!"

I guess if you can accept a Guado, you can accept them all, lol. They looked the strangest to me... xD Meanwhile, I have found Viera, Mithra, and Zidane's "race" (I forgot what they're called) to all be very cute! :3

Yeah, but complaining about Zidane's tail as if he's the only one in the party with strange traits on his person is also a little blind and seems like looking for something that isn't really there.

Not exactly. The difference is eberyone else had a distinct style. Zidane llooks like its there just for the sake of strange. And although a tail in general is relevant to the plot.

The monkey like tail didnt really look fitting especially when he limit breaks. In dissidia he has jagged hair but the tail remains fluffyamd slim. It doesnt look like its part of him.

I guess i'ma be the only weird one xD. :wacky:

The tail is down right sexaayyyy ;)

I didn't know what to think of the tail at first, but I've learned to love it on him. It gives him a unique-ness that makes him stand out from the rest. I thought it went really well with his character and i wouldn't see him any other way.

He's just a ball of fun, and he really uses his tail to his advantage x).

Not exactly. The difference is eberyone else had a distinct style. Zidane llooks like its there just for the sake of strange. And although a tail in general is relevant to the plot.

The monkey like tail didnt really look fitting especially when he limit breaks. In dissidia he has jagged hair but the tail remains fluffyamd slim. It doesnt look like its part of him.

Well, I haven't played Dissidia but his style in IX I think looks fitting. His hair looks soft and over all he does look quite like a monkey all over, not just the tail but everything else too, his face even.

Well, I haven't played Dissidia but his style in IX I think looks fitting. His hair looks soft and over all he does look quite like a monkey all over, not just the tail but everything else too, his face even.

Yeah but so did other characters.

And no his hair didnt look soft. Thats not what i meant. The graphics were pretty low then. Try playing or just looking at it. Even in concept art it doesnt seem fitting.

Yeah but so did other characters.

And no his hair didnt look soft. Thats not what i meant. The graphics were pretty low then. Try playing or just looking at it. Even in concept art it doesnt seem fitting.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'so did the other characters' nobody else looked like a monkey apart from the others of his race. In the CG scenes you can see his hair is soft, it's definitely not spikey. I just think that the tail fitted with his design. What would you have suggested instead of it? Cat ears? Wings? I can't think of anything that would have fitted his style more than a monkey tail :hmmm:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'so did the other characters' nobody else looked like a monkey apart from the others of his race. In the CG scenes you can see his hair is soft, it's definitely not spikey. I just think that the tail fitted with his design. What would you have suggested instead of it? Cat ears? Wings? I can't think of anything that would have fitted his style more than a monkey tail :hmmm:

Cat ears? Honestly that woukd work with the tail. His style isnt that big. Though if i had to choose i would suggest a wolf tail to match the jagged hair when he turns to limit break. The tail is the only oddity on him. Without it he looks pretty much the same. Its such a small but apparent feature.

Monkey face wasnt because he had a monkey tail compare it to the other characters face it looked pretty much the same.

And look at the CG again. It looks like he has alot of hairgel. But ill just post a pic

http://bishounen.info/zidane/zidane1.jpg

R

Cat ears? Honestly that woukd work with the tail. His style isnt that big. Though if i had to choose i would suggest a wolf tail to match the jagged hair when he turns to limit break. The tail is the only oddity on him. Without it he looks pretty much the same. Its such a small but apparent feature.

Monkey face wasnt because he had a monkey tail compare it to the other characters face it looked pretty much the same.

And look at the CG again. It looks like he has alot of hairgel. But ill just post a pic

http://bishounen.info/zidane/zidane1.jpg

R
Actually I was picturing it more like Dagger's. Having had a look it does appear more spiky and it can't be the animation because they manage to make Dagger's look soft. Maybe a wolf tail would have looked better with his hair but I can't shake that his face looks like a monkey and it wouldn't fit with a wolf tail. I think the other characters fit their traits as well. I think Eiko looks like a rhino a bit with the small face, the really large forehead and the horn. Amarant, I'm not sure what he looks like since you hardly see his face but it's not a monkey. Steiner has never looked human to me, but I can't place him as an animal, it looked like his face was meant to merge into his helmet. Freya obviously looks like a rat and Dagger is just meant to be really pretty, but she's probably the most human-looking one of the lot. They really are kind of a weird looking bunch. I kind of didn't notice until now when I looked them up to check if they looked like monkeys but they're all pretty bizarre looking.

Ok first off you cannot compare a little kid Goku to an adult Zidane so you would have to compare Zidane to Adult Goku and they are nothing alike for many reasons. For one Zidane isn't naive and he likes girls as much as Goku likes fighting. The main character as an alien has been done since Superman and was most likely done before that. The monkey tail is really the only thing they had in common even their race was completely different(one a group of fighters the other mindless depressing creatures)

As for the topic I had to think of it different. I had to pretend a hot girl (like Dagger or Tifa) had a tail and would I find that sexy. Hell yeah I would which brings me to my next point that when Zidane flirted with girls his tail wagged (not in Kid Goku's character because he wasn't intrested in girls) I think it would be cute to have a hot monkey girlfriend that wagged her tail when she flirted.

Wonder what garnet thinks off it :)

I wonder that as well... hehehe. >3 She probably thinks it's very cute && adorable.

@Zidane23 - Maybe instead of focusing on cat girls, anime should showcase monkey girls, huh? xD I've never seen it done honestly. It'd be quite interesting~

I don't really have an opinion on it in terms of cuteness or sexiness...

...but, I don't think it was that bad of an addition to his character. I forget why Kuja and other Genomes didn't have one since Zidane did, but it kinda distinguished him from the rest when it came to physical appearance. Zidane was more like the kid from Jumanji who cheated by trying to drop the dice to land on the final spot and turned into a monkey. Kuja was more like a pale-faced Michael Jackson in women's clothing and did ballerina spins when he cast spells.

i voted the first one.

i find it very sexy. in fact at certain points in the game i was too aroused to continue playing. im so glad they put save points in it otherwise i'd never have made it to the end.

Lol at the two posts above me.

Anyways, to be honest I always thought the tail was weird. You kind of get used to it after a while though.

I don't really have an opinion on it in terms of cuteness or sexiness...

...but, I don't think it was that bad of an addition to his character. I forget why Kuja and other Genomes didn't have one since Zidane did, but it kinda distinguished him from the rest when it came to physical appearance. Zidane was more like the kid from Jumanji who cheated by trying to drop the dice to land on the final spot and turned into a monkey. Kuja was more like a pale-faced Michael Jackson in women's clothing and did ballerina spins when he cast spells.

The other Genomes did have tails, it was only Kuja who didn't (I don't think we find out why). LOL at the last sentence though.

I like the tail, I think it definitely adds to him being cheeky and mischievous.

The other Genomes did have tails, it was only Kuja who didn't (I don't think we find out why). LOL at the last sentence though.

I like the tail, I think it definitely adds to him being cheeky and mischievous.

Kuja did have a tail,

he just hid it underneath his clothing.

If I recall, there is a scene where Zidane points that out somewhere :hmmm:

Or maybe i'm just crazy :wacky: If you recall, when Kuja goes into trace during disc 3's boss fight: his tail is shown.

As for the topic:

I think his tail is a cute feature to Zidane's character. It added his spunk and attitude. I actually wouldn't be able to see Zidane any other way, because it plays that much of a role for me. Him being a genome, it only makes sense that he's different for the humans. The way that he looks, the tail fits in perfectly.:ari:

Back