who is the hardest boss fight/boss fights for you to fight in final fantasy VIII

Cloud8

Blue Mage
Gil
yep the title say all you need to know basically who is the hardest boss fight/boss fights for you to fight in final fantasy VIII to you and feel free to say both how and why is it so hard and if the boss have more then 1 forms feel free to say what form number :)

Omega Weapon in Ultimecia's castle.. It is the only optional superboss of the game. Unlike ff7 which had uultima/emerald/ruby

^That's spam, bro. ^_^

The hardest boss is edea I think. :hmmm: That bitch was a bust to kill. :hmph:

if that is already asked i didn't know I'm sorry

She be meaning your reply. You did not make a post to contribute to this thread for what it's purpose is.

As for the hardest boss, I would have to say Omega as well. So far it's the only thing in the game I have been unable to beat, I do not like to do the trick of the 100 Holy War items to make my party invincible the entire time. Instead I am trying to rely on limits like Rinoa's for that and spamming the Aura spell. Sides I like the cards to much to mod them, I am an addict to Triple Triad.

Boss not but normal enemy, Malboro i like to face him with only magic and no limit breaks and since he has around 140000 HP is quite difficult to defeat.

Ultima Weapon would be a one hard Boss as he is pretty fast in less than one minute he could have destroyed my party, i dont like to use limit breaks in bosses because boss fights are coolest when you take your time with them.

Boss not but normal enemy, Malboro i like to face him with only magic and no limit breaks and since he has around 140000 HP is quite difficult to defeat.

Ultima Weapon would be a one hard Boss as he is pretty fast in less than one minute he could have destroyed my party, i dont like to use limit breaks in bosses because boss fights are coolest when you take your time with them.

I agree and you left out one thing boss fights are fun fights too as well and yes other games too

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me, but I was told (when the game was released) that after the end credits started to roll, if you popped open the lid on the PSX that it would trigger a boss fight with 1 of the weapons? I never tried it, but was always curious.

Anyway, the hardest fight for me was the last fight with Ultimecia/Jackass etc. I always made it my personal goal to be as under leveled as possible for end game just for the challenge. I only beat them once out of atleast 25 tries.

Too bad I can't remember the damn ending. ha

Fujin and Rajin when your at that village when the troops have set up shop there. And you have to find Rajin etc. I found them to be very tough so yer :p. second would be the obvious Omega Weapon, absolute ***** of a boss.

Omega Weapon, first anything in Final Fantasy history to have at least a million hitpoints, he uses pretty much everything too and takes several tries to beat him.

But after you beat him, the rest of the game is a cakewalk.

I can't say Diablo, just time-consuming. A tragedy befell me that fateful night. I never knew what the lamp did, and I never saved for hours and hours. I used the lamp: Diablo. My determination to defeat this thing lasted and after hours and hours of reviving, fighting and healin: I beat him. So I feel proud, strong and fell that I'll beat anything. No need to save, of course not. A few manta ray things come up. Huh, easy peasy I say. Diablo? Didn't do much to them, but weakened them. Eventually, the outcome was decided. I died, and I spent the rest of the day mourning and crying. I've learned my lesson, but I never touched FFVIII since then. And I was 10. Well, some old relics will be dug up again and I plan to play it again. But in spite of all that, my old file was far and I thought Omega Weapon was the hardest.

I can't say Diablo, just time-consuming. A tragedy befell me that fateful night. I never knew what the lamp did, and I never saved for hours and hours. I used the lamp: Diablo. My determination to defeat this thing lasted and after hours and hours of reviving, fighting and healin: I beat him. So I feel proud, strong and fell that I'll beat anything. No need to save, of course not. A few manta ray things come up. Huh, easy peasy I say. Diablo? Didn't do much to them, but weakened them. Eventually, the outcome was decided. I died, and I spent the rest of the day mourning and crying. I've learned my lesson, but I never touched FFVIII since then. And I was 10. Well, some old relics will be dug up again and I plan to play it again. But in spite of all that, my old file was far and I thought Omega Weapon was the hardest.

i love your sig and bahamut is one of my favorite summons and yes i love dragons too

I couldn't agree with you more. I have yet to beat a malboro which could pass as one of the final bosses as far as I'm concerned. And I once spent three weeks fighting ultima weapon approx. 75 times in that span. 4 bottles of jack and a bottle of xanax later i finally could execute the gameplan i was trying and finally bagged him. There was once where his first two attacks were light pillar, then the one that was left was hit with his sword for critical damage, and then he light pillared that poor bastard too. Then i got the rebirth flame, but before i could heal characters he snuffed them with quake. Far and away most frustrating boss in the game. I beat Omega Weapon in 7 tries (believe me I kept count.) and I snuffed ultimecia in 4. Krysta was tough too.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have yet to beat a malboro which could pass as one of the final bosses as far as I'm concerned. And I once spent three weeks fighting ultima weapon approx. 75 times in that span. 4 bottles of jack and a bottle of xanax later i finally could execute the gameplan i was trying and finally bagged him. There was once where his first two attacks were light pillar, then the one that was left was hit with his sword for critical damage, and then he light pillared that poor bastard too. Then i got the rebirth flame, but before i could heal characters he snuffed them with quake. Far and away most frustrating boss in the game. I beat Omega Weapon in 7 tries (believe me I kept count.) and I snuffed ultimecia in 4. Krysta was tough too.

i got three light pillars in a row once, completely destroyed. The normal enemie in this game are MUCH more difficult than the Ultimecia Castle Bosses:
Malboro, Ruby Dragon, Snow Lion, Hexadragon, Behemoth are the toughest enemies that can trash Ultimecia Bosses anytime.

i got three light pillars in a row once, completely destroyed. The normal enemie in this game are MUCH more difficult than the Ultimecia Castle Bosses:
Malboro, Ruby Dragon, Snow Lion, Hexadragon, Behemoth are the toughest enemies that can trash Ultimecia Bosses anytime.

Behemoth is very easy, just junction zombie to your attack, stock up on them, then when you come across him all you have to do is a physical attack then follow up with life. Malboro very well should've been a boss. I finally beat one cuz I made it a point to after my post, but I had to stock up on status spells and junction silence, beserk, and confuse to my status defense to get past bad breath, then I kicked his ass with meltdown and auras.

Behemoth is very easy, just junction zombie to your attack, stock up on them, then when you come across him all you have to do is a physical attack then follow up with life. Malboro very well should've been a boss. I finally beat one cuz I made it a point to after my post, but I had to stock up on status spells and junction silence, beserk, and confuse to my status defense to get past bad breath, then I kicked his ass with meltdown and auras.

I tend to avoid the easy route when fighting them, like Malboro can be easilly killed with degeneration or lion heart but if you face them old school using magic and summon it really gets the fights interesting, come on Tri-point only has 22000 HP while behemoth can reach the 70000 mark.

Last edited:
The battles that i still remember after almost 13 years are Rajin and Fujin at Balamb Hotel, Adel inside Lunatic Pandora (i was extremely underleveled, had to start the game over) and sometimes Diablo. Ultima and Omega were not as bad because i met them later in game with a strong limit break arsenal.

To this day, I have not faced Omega :gasp: On my first play through I struggled with Ultima Weapon and didn't even know about Omega. Even though I've now gotten used to the game, how to level your characters properly and what tactics to use - I still struggle with Malboro!

Don't get me wrong, I think this game is great. It's my personal pick of the series. However, I think it's bosses are a bit simple. The monsters that can be faced after the Lunar Cry seem to be harder and much more of a challenge. As a few people have said, it's good to just strip it down and go into a battle with the bare essentials for a real challenge.

Ultimecia was not hard but the bitch annoyed the hell out of me whenever she used that frigging Houdini trick that made my characters disappear one by one. She did it to Squall once and my reaction was:

Squall got boned by Ulty's trick!? I am so screwed... :facepalm:

I always hated how Ultimecia would eliminate magic attacks from the characters. I remember when I beat her, I was down to just squall with only 2700 HP left, She had taken away Regen away from him at the beginning and took Curaga away towards the end. She drew apocalypse but I tripled apocolypse on her for what was the last attack of the battle. She was annoying but not really that hard.

Back