who is the hardest boss fight/boss fights for you to fight in final fantasy VIII

Omega Weapon was a beast, even though the main tactic to beat it was rather simple. (Spam the hell out of Lionheart. Haha.) Ultima Weapon wasn't very hard, but I can see how it'd be challenging to a new player.

Omega Weapon was a beast, even though the main tactic to beat it was rather simple. (Spam the hell out of Lionheart. Haha.) Ultima Weapon wasn't very hard, but I can see how it'd be challenging to a new player.

Omega was designed with that tactic to defeat in mind while Ultima Weapon can be killed the easy way (Spamm Limit Breaks) or the hard way (Use summon, spells, normal attacks) like most bosses and he certainly was the more difficult boss to defeat the hard way. As i said before spamming limit breaks makes this game a breeze but if you take the pre FF7 aproach (Ie classic way) he is proven to be one heck of a challenging boss.

When I played at 14 when the game came out, I had a very tough time beating Diablo, because I didn't know much about junctions yet lol.

The first time I played it, I relied on my summons and nothing else. I got used to it.

Big mistake when I met Sorceress Adel.

When I harnessed the power of proper junctions, the only one who had a chance of beating me was Ultima Weapon until it reached a point when I got so good at it that even he didn't stand a chance. Omega Weapon was easy since I always cheat with Holy Wars! lol.

Yeah Diablo was pretty kickass, the hardest boss in the first disc.

Uh, but I beat him the first time I got Selphie! lol.

i got three light pillars in a row once, completely destroyed. The normal enemie in this game are MUCH more difficult than the Ultimecia Castle Bosses:
Malboro, Ruby Dragon, Snow Lion, Hexadragon, Behemoth are the toughest enemies that can trash Ultimecia Bosses anytime.

I agree with Ruby Dragon and fighting a Malboro without the patience to junction immunities.

But the others are easy for me. Snow Lions, Hexadragons, and Behemoths? If I fight the three of them at the same time, then maybe I'd have trouble.

Mod edit:
*Posts Merged*

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Ruby Dragon and fighting a Malboro without the patience to junction immunities.

But the others are easy for me. Snow Lions, Hexadragons, and Behemoths? If I fight the three of them at the same time, then maybe I'd have trouble.

well as i said before thats is if you face them witouth limit breaks, they wont harm you too much but they take very long to kill with just summons and GFs.

You a masochist bro? lol

no its only that the game is so ridiculous easy that i feel compelled to increase the challenge a little, Boss fights are better apreciated at a low pace and thats why i prefer not killing them the easy way. Try facing Ultimecia (In all her forms) witouth Limit Breaks, its a great experience.

First time I played the game I was too young and impatient to listen to the tutorials. I was only using GFs and attack. I didn't know that I could upgrade my weapons either. I didn't even know how to junction magic to my stats. Every boss was a challenge for me, but the ones I remember giving me a real challenge were The machine at the end of the Missile Base, OilBoyles, Raijin and Fujin in Balamb, and Adel. I somehow managed to get to Ultimecia, and couldn't beat her, so I quit the game.

Years later I restarted and learned the mechanics, I still had my old file, so I loaded it up, junctioned as best I could, picked up Tonberry King and learned call Junk shop, modded cards, upgraded the weapons to their final forms, beefed stats with the spells I had, and took on Ultimecia. She gave me one crazy fight, and I remember being down to less than 1000HP. I was thinking that I would never be able to beat the game on this file and that I would need to play the entire game again, but just then I got a Limit Break, and figured I'd go out in style. I got Lionheart (this was before the Internet still, and I had never seen Lionheart so it blew my mind) and won with that. The last FMV killed me especially now that I was old enough to appreciate the plot, and had contemplated how it might end for around 5 years.

Ultima Weapon is a joke. All it has going for it is that 9999 attack.

But Diablos can easily be the hardest boss in the game if you don't cast blind on him. Without blind, he can lay waste to you with two attack patterns, one of them is a cheese pattern. The first one, he just sticks to physical attacks, which hurt, and then randomly kills you outright with a strong attack. The cheese pattern is frequently blasting you with Gravija and then following up with his kill-you-outright attack. Hence, blind is necessary so his hits don't connect.

Also he can use his kill outright move right after another, sometimes doing it on all three characters in one round just to wipe you out.

I never beat VIII sadly because Ultimecia just straight up beat my ass so bad. I gave up and never gave her another try lol.
Some other bosses that really gave me a hard time were Raijin and Fujin in Balamb, Edea in Galbadia Garden(that God damn Maelstrom attack can suck it), Diablo always gave me trouble and it made me angry when I'd cast Blind on him yet he'd still charge me and kill my people. Or when I'd try to draw/cast Demi on him and it would ALWAYS FAIL!! Argh.
That one Tank looking thing at the missile base when you're stopping the missiles was a BITCH for me as well. I broke a controller over that boss :/

I never beat VIII sadly because Ultimecia just straight up beat my ass so bad. I gave up and never gave her another try lol.
Some other bosses that really gave me a hard time were Raijin and Fujin in Balamb, Edea in Galbadia Garden(that God damn Maelstrom attack can suck it), Diablo always gave me trouble and it made me angry when I'd cast Blind on him yet he'd still charge me and kill my people. Or when I'd try to draw/cast Demi on him and it would ALWAYS FAIL!! Argh.
That one Tank looking thing at the missile base when you're stopping the missiles was a BITCH for me as well. I broke a controller over that boss :/

If you wanna cheese Ultimecia, all you really need is Zell and Rinoa. Rinoa for Invincible Moon(or just use Holy Wars) and Zell for his limit break. 9sec or 12 sec and rotating between Mach Kick, Heel drop, and punch rush(something like that).

Zell's limit is far more broken than anything else in the game, given the near infinite looping you can do with the above mentioned rotations. You can practically solo the game with him if you have him junctioned quite well.

Out of her "forms", Griever poses the most threat cause of Shockwave Pulsar, personally if you get past him, you're good to go. She gimps herself when she junctions to Griever XD. Apocalypse is just a prettier Ultima spell, but hells judgment is why you need the invincible status(or just use a megalixir). If you managed to get the Bahamut card but not playing TT seriously, just refine it to 100 megalixirs.

If you wanna cheese Ultimecia, all you really need is Zell and Rinoa. Rinoa for Invincible Moon(or just use Holy Wars) and Zell for his limit break. 9sec or 12 sec and rotating between Mach Kick, Heel drop, and punch rush(something like that).

Zell's limit is far more broken than anything else in the game, given the near infinite looping you can do with the above mentioned rotations. You can practically solo the game with him if you have him junctioned quite well.

Out of her "forms", Griever poses the most threat cause of Shockwave Pulsar, personally if you get past him, you're good to go. She gimps herself when she junctions to Griever XD. Apocalypse is just a prettier Ultima spell, but hells judgment is why you need the invincible status(or just use a megalixir). If you managed to get the Bahamut card but not playing TT seriously, just refine it to 100 megalixirs.

Yep that is pretty much true about Zell. But the ultimate is Zell's Limit breaks combined with Squalls using Selphie for healing.

As for the hardest boss, I would have to say Ultimecia because of how she just totally messes with your spells and completely shuts off your ability to use GFs, in final stage. Also, having the random team pick was a pain. Hell's Judgement got annoying as well.

I usually just let her kill off the people I didn't seriously play with(except for events that force you to use them) and then eventually getting my main team. Oh yes, the blowing whole spell stock away is scary. Haven't had it happen where it was a junctioned stock though. Blew away 100 dispels before.

I've had big trouble with the Jumbo Cactuar in the past, but I know how to prepare for him these days.

Adel can be tricky too, on my first playthrough I abandoned my game because I thought I was too weak, and wanted to start afresh. To be an enthusiastic pre-teen again...

Omega Weapon inside Ultimecia's Castle. If you don't prepare well before battling him, you'll be dead after a few turns.

Any creature can be a formidable foe without due preparation. The ones that gave me the most trouble were:

Ruby Dragon, Diablos, Cerberus, Omega Weapon, Malboro and Ultimecia. Malboro traumatized me the most.

The first is Diablos. You have to fight this badass in the very beginning with little useful magic/junctioning. Not many strategies to beat him except Draw Demi/ Selphie's full-cure.
Then come Ultima Weapon, and Omega Weapon. Omega Weapon is quite tough .I spent lots of time prepare for final match with Omega Weapon (I hate use Hero item). And it really paid off. Hehe.

Back