Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
Fans hoping that a new Sailor Moon anime would be announced during the 20th anniversary event streamed live from Nico Nico got their wish. Specifics on the plans for the new version of Naoko Takeuchi's seminal magic girl work were not announced beyond a summer 2013 time frame, but it is coming.

Momoiro Clover Z, who joined the event from Japan Expo 2012 in Paris via satellite to sing "Moonlight Densetsu," will be performing the anime's theme song.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/06/sailor-moon-anime-announced-for-summer-2013

-Extreme fangirling-
This will be interesting. I pretty much grew up with the original Anime & Manga, so I will definitely be looking out for this. :D I still need to collect more of the re-published manga :/

*squees and dances with joy*

No seriously... I grew up on Sailor Moon as well as the other 'guy-oriented' toonami standards, so this actually excites me.

I'm beyond excited. I still watch the Japanese version of the show from time to time and have been a huge fan since childhood, like a lot of people. I can't wait for it.

Although, some semi-new news on the subject is that the new anime will be based closer to the manga, meaning it will be a bit darker. Also, it was mentioned that the new show will be focused towards the "ORIGINAL" fans of the show, not kids. And since most of the people who watched the show then are now in the 20s if not older, it'll be a more adult show, I'm assuming. :)

SOURCE: http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/3993701.html

Any pics on how the new look would be? I'm curious to see how this turns out. I was mesmerized by the pretty leads when I was a kid. *__*

there are currently no pics, all we know is that it coming out summer 2013, it was annonced during the 20th anniversity stream last night, I'm sure that the sailor moon fans of the forms (me and Mar) will soon find out more news when it comes around ;)

Hmmm...not sure how I feel about this. Typically, anime that get reboots like this turn out to be pretty good...at least, the Hellsing OVA is fantastic, and the Rebuild of Evangelion movies have been amazing. Although I'm naturally wary of anything like this...plus I'm not honestly sure what they can do with it to make it worthwhile. It doesn't really NEED a continuation. Is this going to be worthwhile, or just filler crap?

The Magical Girl genre has come a long way since Sailor Moon's release, as well. Let's hope it can measure up. The original series will always be good, but that has absolutely no bearing on how good or bad this will be...hmm. Will have to wait and see, I suppose.

Also, more Mistress Nine, please. Just saying.

-Extreme fangirling-
This will be interesting. I pretty much grew up with the original Anime & Manga, so I will definitely be looking out for this. :D I still need to collect more of the re-published manga :/

Same here! :ohoho: Yay for Sailor Moon love :D I hope it's good.

This news made me really happy. And they said it will closely follow the manga's story, so that's even better -- it'll be like FMA Brotherhood was.

I'll always love the original anime for what it was/the nostalgia, but it really didn't do the story any justice.

Well, I don’t know if anyone else has nabbed some new information, but I read last night that the original voice actors for Tsukino Usagi & Chiba Mamoru will be returning to continue with the remake. When it was first announced it was questioned if they would because they were at the announcement, but I just wanted to let you guys and gals know that it has been confirmed.

I wonder if anyone else will be returning; it’d be awesome to have the whole original cast. :)

It might be hard for some of them to do the voices for these characters again, honestly, since it's been like 20 years since it started. Even Usagi's seiyuu's voice has changed a lot, so I was surprised when I read about that the other day.

I don't think that means they won't necessarily, but it might be that they need to hire new people.

I heard about this on Facebook from Smuncensored's page. I am excited about this. I hope it follows the manga more closely. Though I was hoping for news that Funimation got the rights to the original series.

I'm pretty ready for this.

Even though I have no idea what the hell they're planning on doing with it. I hope they'll English dub it. Yeah, there I said it. Whatever.

I'm pretty ready for this.

Even though I have no idea what the hell they're planning on doing with it. I hope they'll English dub it. Yeah, there I said it. Whatever.

I don't mind you saying this, as I think sailor moon was one of the better anime dubbed (Loved Ami's English Voice Actor) they did a great job :)

I hope it gets dubbed, but TBH not many dubs get over to the uk now, it very sad 'cries' :sad2:

I don't mind you saying this, as I think sailor moon was one of the better anime dubbed (Loved Ami's English Voice Actor) they did a great job :)

I hope it gets dubbed, but TBH not many dubs get over to the uk now, it very sad 'cries' :sad2:

I grew up with it! Nothing, and I mean nothing beats nostalgia.

Why the fuck don't they give you dubs? They're dicks. That's all there is to it.

I grew up with it! Nothing, and I mean nothing beats nostalgia.

Why the fuck don't they give you dubs? They're dicks. That's all there is to it.

because the only anime kids care about in this country is pokemon :sad2: and all the channel's that show anime have either been taken over or shut down... super sucks :sad3:

update for you moonie fans, the anime has been redated for winter this year, so around december time

If anyone still reads this thread, the newest update is that the anime will air from July 2014 and will be animated by TOEI, just like old times.

Back