Saying "Yes," to the dream Lightning and fragments after dream final cut scene...

Addicted2INK

Ex-Soldier
Gil
I was reading a guide and it said that saying "Yes," to the dream Lightning, you see after Ciaus kills you and send you to your dream world in New Bodhum, will net you more CP and a fragment. Can someone tell me what fragment this is?

Also after the final cut scene in your dream where Fang comes and talks to you... I just jumped in the gate after with out searching around and as the cinematic screen started to show me jump in I noticed the item cube floating in the background. Well that's what made me look this area up in a walk through.

In the walk through it says there are actually two fragments I missed by not searching around after the fang cut scene. Is the other one the one that was mentioned above? And as I said "No," to dream Lightning and missed the cube I noticed in the background, and as I "need" every little item, I want to go back and get them.

Sooo, on to my question. The guide I looked up said I have to start over from where I give Alyssa the cores if missing those fragments. One, do I really have to start over from there? Two, how do I do it. I haven't sealed any gates before to go back and "re-do" areas. This is what has to be done right? Thank you for any assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

right, what you missed is a 'paradox ending' to get it, yes you are going to have to start from arcidema 4xxAF to get it, and yes you will have to reseal the gate, i believe that you get a fragment and 3000 CP for getting the paradox ending, to seal a gate, you first need to find the gate seal for that gate, I think you find it in a tresure chest, and then use R1 (or RB on XBOX) to seal the gate :grin: hope it helps

Yea, I found the 'Promises' Gate Seal which closes the gates in Academia -4XX AF-. It was in cube Noel's dream place. What happens after I seal the gates, the area like resets itself and I start as if I haven't been there before?

Yea, I found the 'Promises' Gate Seal which closes the gates in Academia -4XX AF-. It was in cube Noel's dream place. What happens after I seal the gates, the area like resets itself and I start as if I haven't been there before?

yes, you experience the storyline like you never been there before, you will have to reface the bosses before that live trigger before, but you will keep all items and fragments you found it as the gate seal does not effect tresure chests or fragments found :)

That's exactly what happens. If you close a gate then you erase all that you did there. You can reopen it and go through it like it's your first time there though. Closing a Gate seal also closes all Era's you unlocked via gates in that Area.

For example, Closing the New Bodum Gate seal shuts down all the other gates because the gate at the end is what leads to the different era. Plus it's the only gate there and since the Era it leads to is now locked that means all the eras you went to from the next era are ALSO locked.

If that's a little hard to understand, it goes something like this.

New bodum = Open =All eras open.

New Bodum = closed via Gate seal = Only New bodhum open.

That's exactly what happens. If you close a gate then you erase all that you did there. You can reopen it and go through it like it's your first time there though. Closing a Gate seal also closes all Era's you unlocked via gates in that Area.

For example, Closing the New Bodum Gate seal shuts down all the other gates because the gate at the end is what leads to the different era. Plus it's the only gate there and since the Era it leads to is now locked that means all the eras you went to from the next era are ALSO locked.

If that's a little hard to understand, it goes something like this.

New bodum = Open =All eras open.

New Bodum = closed via Gate seal = Only New bodhum open.

arrrrr I forgot about that part, thanks for adding that connor :wacky:

*Moved to FFXIII-2 help booth*

Just to add on, to restore everything back to normal, simply open the gate by pressing one of the L buttons (I forgot which) while you are selecting the node of Academia 4xx.

Back