Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one cares WHY people like something. We're discussing why YOU and wolfblack hate VII fans. :lew:

And YOU missed the point of the topic. You're supposed to be discussing YOUR least favorite fanbase. Not question why other's dislike a certain fanbase.

So you're saying you're the perfect unbiased fan who happens to hate the best selling FF game. Riiiight :lew: You're no more unbiased than any other fan, no matter how many times you try and tell us other wise.

Right place, right time. That's why it sold so much.

You can't say that VII fans don't do the same. I've played every FF game and I've come to the conclusion that it's the best in the series. Gee, now I'm unbiased too! and I based my conclusion off of analysis as well! D:

Oh, so that's why you're so defensive about it. XD It's because you ARE a FFVII fanboy/girl. Well now it makes sense. You're mad because someone dissed your favorite game in the series and voted your fanbase the worst. Well, let's try something......go ahead and say how FFX fans are the most annoying. Let's see how many shits I give.

................................................................. 0

I could care LESS if you hated FFX or it's fans. Seriously, grow some skin.

Oh, and the quote you gave had me saying it was the best in the series. Not the best game ever. Please try again

You already were the moment you used the fact that VII fans say VII is the best in the series as a reason for you to say other fans should hate them but then turn around and do the exact same thing but about VI. :lew:

Yes, you already did that here;

*facepalm*

Are you serious? You don't see a difference between "FFVII sucks!!!! OMG, the fans are SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. They think their game is the best in the world! Gawd!!! Clearly FFVI is the best EVARRRRRR!!!!1" and "For instance: I'm a FFX fangirl. I'll admit it. But I can also admit that FFVI is a superior game. I don't mind admitting that." In one I said, hypothetically, that VI is the best ever. In the other I said VI is superior to X. Are you seriously trying to say that I said FFVI is the best game in the world? Cause if you are you are failing. Hard.

Um, neither do VII fans. :lew:

Yeah, I'm not even going to comment on that fact. Trust me, I've seen it. Why do you think the number for VII is so much higher than the other games in the poll? Because I'm not the only one who sees it.

Yes, that's what I've been saying the entire time. NOW all you have to admit is that you hate VII fans for only doing exactly what YOU and angel do about VI--making you a what? Say it with me, a hypocrite! :awesome:

No, I would be doing what the FFVII fans are doing by saying FFX is the best. Also, you're being extremely immature. Which is something I would expect from the 'annoying' FFVII fans.

I never said that was my problem with FF VII fans, if you recall, my biggest problem is that from my personal experience, have a differing opinion to theirs often leads in them acting like you don't exist, even for just saying 'it was decent'. Now, if you told me you didn't like FF IV, VI, VIII or IX, I'd say okay then, maybe ask you why and then talk about something else entirely.
Angel said they hated VII fans for saying VII is the best, you then agreed with Angel.

here;
Umm.....I don't hate VII fans for liking their game. I hate the obnoxious FFVII fans. And guess what? Same goes for VI. I don't like the obnoxious FFVI fans. But you know what? FFVII fans are a lot more in number and do have a tendency to be a hell of a lot more obnoxious.

And there is no problem with loving your favorite games. But obviously you missed the point of the thread and I was giving my opinions on the most annoying fans. Do you want to know my favorite game? It's FFX. In my personal opinion it's the best. But my unbiased opinion says that VI and IX are better games all around. That's the difference between a fanatical fanboy/girl and a fan who can humbly say their personal favorite is not necessarily the BEST GAEM EVAR
Exactly. And like I said, my favorite entries are VIII and IX, but I consider IV and VI the best in execution in the franchise, and my most disliked game is X, though the fans never struck me as as annoyingly vocal and hateful as the FF VII crowd. I've had people literally stop talking to me just because I said I didn't think VII was that great. Therein lies my point.

@Wanderluster - ^ Look at what I just posted. Read it.

See, angel's beef with VII fans is because VII fans simply believe VII is the best and you agreed with angel. If that's not what you meant then by all means, this isn't aimed at you. But since you agreed with Angel's post it appears as if it is your problem with VII fans as well.

and all I'm saying is that it's a bit hypocritical of you two to hate VII fans just because they think VII is the best when you two both say that VI is obviously the best.

Angel said they hated VII fans for saying VII is the best, you then agreed with Angel.

here;

See, angel's beef with VII fans is because VII fans simply believe VII is the best and you agreed with angel. If that's not what you meant then by all means, this isn't aimed at you. But since you agreed with Angel's post it appears as if it is your problem with VII fans as well.

and all I'm saying is that it's a bit hypocritical of you two to hate VII fans just because they think VII is the best when you two both say that VI is obviously the best.
I can accept them saying FF VII is the best in the series, but YES, I do HATE fans who say it's the best game ever because how do they know? Have they played every game ever? How do they quantify it if they haven't? I never called any of the FF games the best ever. My opinions were relative to other games in the series. Know the difference.

Even with all the hundreds of games I've played, I still can't on good conscience quantify anything as 'the best ever' because every game I love has so many things different that it's impossible for me to take a clear preference between them, let alone claim one is 'the best ever'.

I understand your point and I accept it. But if you excuse me I need to be a little more annoying then xD (I dont know about you but I love debating with people like you). There is not interest or point in trying to reach the so called universal truth about which game is the best but imagine that you dont like a game even though it is praised as one of the best things .. Does that mean you are wrong to say that the game isnt very good? No because in the end what you call constructive analysis was the junctioning of various opinions. My point is that if you are going to take that whole retrospective, analysis bullshit, calling it bullshit because the analysis itself is 100% subjective and heres why: You say ff6 has a cast of great characters..But what if a bunch of people in magazines come in and say that ff8 has the best characters or 9 or 4.. doesnt matter. And then you say that 6 has a better story..but my god I played it thinking it was going to be super great after what I had read about it and I was super disappointed in the end. The story inside the game is pretty simple and for example ff 10 develops its story way more, its a more original story and its way more complex and big (In my opinion). Thing is most of those magazines and other opinions are all subjective and believe it or not 60% of the whole ff6 is the best of all opinion kind of comes also from nostalgia. Nevertheless Its not safe to make such bold statements as ff6 is probably the best in the series because based on constructive analysis as you call it ff4,7,9 and 10 are at the same level or are even better. Its bold and ultimately bad to singularize a game out of a series that spawned atleast 5 or 6 great quality titles along Final Fantasy 6.

I don't mind because I love debating. So we're seeing eye to eye on that part. I just don't like immature posts that try and get people angry or try to start fights. You haven't done that so I have no problem debating you in the future :P

But for now I will admit that you are right. And I do agree with you that trying single out one game is not an easy task, and it's probably not a good idea due to it all be subjective. So maybe I was wrong for saying that VI is probably the best. I will admit my faults. I'm not THAT stubborn. I can admit that I'm wrong XD

My original point was, though, that as a FFX fan I can admit that another game can be better than the one I love and chose as my favorite in the series. And if someone were to question that game, I'm not going to freak out on them. If I were, I would have sent death threats to the Spoony one. But I LOVE his video on FFX. He rips it to shreds and it made me laugh. Because I don't take things so personally. But apparently FFVII fans are overly sensitive when it comes to their game.

I just see a lot of FFVII fanatics freaking out over their favorite game and not even entertaining the idea that another game could be better. Because they believe their game is superior to all others. My original point was that I believe FFVI is superior to X. And I still believe it's superior to all the other Final Fantasys. But I'm not going to go to FFVII forums saying it's the best thing in the world, or go around attacking anyone who says FFVI is inferior and the fans are crazy. I can admit some FFVI fans are very smug, and a lot of them are assholes.

And YOU missed the point of the topic. You're supposed to be discussing YOUR least favorite fanbase. Not question why other's dislike a certain fanbase.
and YOUR reasoning for hating VII fans is not only bogus but hypocritical. You hate VII fans for doing exactly what you do about VI. Why can't you grasp this? :facepaw:

Right place, right time. That's why it sold so much.
Haha, okay, man. :lew: 10 million people all just bought a bad game.

Oh, so that's why you're so defensive about it. XD It's because you ARE a FFVII fanboy/girl. Well now it makes sense. You're mad because someone dissed your favorite game in the series and voted your fanbase the worst.
tumblr_m6i4ixvlpG1qin3heo1_1280.png

Pft, hahahahahaha, I voted for VII. :lew:

Well, let's try something......go ahead and say how FFX fans are the most annoying. Let's see how many shits I give.

................................................................. 0
I love X. It's my second favorite FF game. :hmmm: I don't know any other fans besides myself and a few others but you're a cracker without your cheese alright. :lew:

I could care LESS if you hated FFX or it's fans. Seriously, grow some skin.
Pssst, just between you and I. I am annoyed by most VII fans. ;) because they're for the most part rabid LTD scorned fans. I just choose not to be hypocritical for my reasons as to why I dislike a fanbase. You should try it some time. ;)

Oh, and the quote you gave had me saying it was the best in the series. Not the best game ever. Please try again
That was an exaggeration on my part. and for some reason, I thought you would understand that. :lew: The point still stands, you said that VI is the best while saying you hated VII fans for doing the same thing.

Are you serious? You don't see a difference between "FFVII sucks!!!! OMG, the fans are SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. They think their game is the best in the world! Gawd!!! Clearly FFVI is the best EVARRRRRR!!!!1" and "For instance: I'm a FFX fangirl. I'll admit it. But I can also admit that FFVI is a superior game. I don't mind admitting that." In one I said, hypothetically, that VI is the best ever. In the other I said VI is superior to X. Are you seriously trying to say that I said FFVI is the best game in the world? Cause if you are you are failing. Hard.
They're the same exact thing, whether you wanna admit that or not, they are. And no, you did not say hypothetically. You said "For instance, FFVI is a superior game".

Yeah, I'm not even going to comment on that fact. Trust me, I've seen it. Why do you think the number for VII is so much higher than the other games in the poll? Because I'm not the only one who sees it.
Oh, so in regards to VII being the highest grossing SQUARE ENIX game (EVER) polls and numbers don't matter. But when you want to prove VII's fanbase sucks it's all of a sudden okay to use polls as accurate calculations. Another hypocritical move on your part. :lew: 10 million people buying and loving VII out does your FF forum poll. ;)

No, I would be doing what the FFVII fans are doing by saying FFX is the best. Also, you're being extremely immature. Which is something I would expect from the 'annoying' FFVII fans.
Why did you put quotation marks around annoying. You're the one who said annoying. :lew:

I can accept them saying FF VII is the best in the series, but YES, I do HATE fans who say it's the best game ever because how do they know?
Here we go again with the hypocrisy! Look very closely at what you say here;

Exactly. And like I said, my favorite entries are VIII and IX, but I consider IV and VI the best in execution in the franchise,

Do you finally get what my problem with your reasoning is? You hate VII fans for saying VII is the best and yet you do the exact thing about VI.

I never called any of the FF games the best ever. My opinions were relative to other games in the series. Know the difference.
Exactly. And like I said, my favorite entries are VIII and IX, but I consider IV and VI the best in execution in the franchise,

You're not even listening to yourself. :ffs: You did to say 4 and 6 were the best and I just showed you it.. TWICE.

and YOUR reasoning for hating VII fans is not only bogus but hypocritical. You hate VII fans for doing exactly what you do about VI. Why can't you grasp this? :facepaw:

Is hypocritical your favorite word? You seem to use it quite often. And I gave a few reasons to hate FFVII fans. Read my original post

tumblr_m6i4ixvlpG1qin3heo1_1280.png

Pft, hahahahahaha, I voted for VII. :lew:

I actually saw that coming. I had the feeling you are a troll. This confirmed it.

I love X. It's my second favorite FF game. :hmmm: I don't know any other fans besides myself and a few others but you're a cracker without your cheese alright. :lew:

What's your favorite then? Just curious. And.....what? Cracker without cheese?

Pssst, just between you and I. I am annoyed by most VII fans. ;) because they're for the most part rabid LTD scorned fans. I just choose not to be hypocritical for my reasons as to why I dislike a fanbase. You should try it some time. ;)

That was an exaggeration on my part. and for some reason, I thought you would understand that. :lew: The point still stands, you said that VI is the best while saying you hated VII fans for doing the same thing.

They're the same exact thing, whether you wanna admit that or not, they are. And no, you did not say hypothetically. You said "For instance, FFVI is a superior game".

SUPERIOR GAME TO X. I was talking in context to FFX. FFVI is a superior game to X. Look at what I was talking about before that. THAT'S NOT THE SAME AS SAYING IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER. Dear god, if you're going to try and use my quotes against me at least do it right.

Oh, so in regards to VII being the highest grossing SQUARE ENIX game (EVER) polls and numbers don't matter. But when you want to prove VII's fanbase sucks it's all of a sudden okay to use polls as accurate calculations. Another hypocritical move on your part. :lew: 10 million people buying and loving VII out does your FF forum poll. ;)

I didn't create this poll. It's not really mine.

Why did you put quotation marks around annoying. You're the one who said annoying. :lew:

.......please tell me you're joking. Those are not quotation marks. These are quotation marks: ""

I do 'annoying' FFVII fans because if I said: annoying FFVII fans, it would seem like I'm talking about ALL FFVII fans when I'm not. I'm referring to the annoying ones.

Now can you please stop trying to start fights and/or stop trying to troll people. You're not doing a very good job of it. Also, you're causing everyone to go off topic. Please stop doing that. The point of the topic is discuss the fanbase you find the most annoying. All you're doing is attacking posters who expressed their opinions and you're calling them hypocrites for having a favorite game. Which you seem to think for me is VI even though I explained several times that my favorite is FFX.

Everyone needs to take it down a notch. The thread is going way off-topic. If anyone still feels the need to argue about why/how/who is being hypocritical, take it to PMs. The question in the thread is simple. Which games fans do you dislike the most? That's it. If people are going to get offended by the replies, then I'll just close the thread.

I voted VII fans. There are a lot of them who get very irrational when discussing how FFVII is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Some simply refuse to allow that other people might just not like FFVII. I've been told I'm brainwashed by graphics because FFVII is not my favourite game in the FF series :| niiiice...

I like all fans equally; there is not a group I don't like. I like Final Fantasy, and if there is another fan of it out there, I'm gonna love them. I suppose it's annoying if they think a certain game is best, but I am just happy they take one of Final Fantasy's games so seriously. Spread the FF looooooove.

:star:

But if I had to pick I'd pick 12's. They somehow think character depth is no issue :rage:

But like I said, I love 'em all :ryan:

I do not like FFVII fans the most. Not the normal ones who occasionally go "oh yeah, I really like FFVII" But those crazy ones :ahmed: you all know the ones i am talking about!!

I am sorry but you're all mental! :ari:

I also hate people who hate FFVII fans. Not the normal ones who are like "God please shut up" and leave it at that but the ones who have to nit pick on someones opinion of the game just coz they like it. You all know the ones I am talking about!!

They're annoying.

I don't think anyone would really hate someone just for liking a game. That's a tad bit extreme. I know when I went to Distant Worlds in Pittsburgh I met a few FFVII fans who's least favorite game was FFX. It made for a lot of interesting debates and convos. But none of us hated each other for liking a certain game.

I would hope people aren't that brainless.

I was not serious when I said 'hate', it's just a word that came out as I was typing. :hmmm: you don't need to take everything people say so literal :hmmm: Specially when I say it.

Say what you mean, and mean what you say :) jk. I know you don't literally hate anyone.

But even to dislike someone for liking a specific game is not a good reason to dislike them. My reason for disliking FFVII fans, like I said in the first post that got misinterpreted, is because some go absolutely crazy with it. Like you said. But if someone were to hate a person for liking a specific game? I guess I would hate those kinds of people too. Or just brush it off and ignore them. Whatever works. :D

Sorry but the FF13 fans. They seem to bash on FF7 fans for no reason whatsoever and bash on FF7 whatsoever. Joining another place a few months ago and then quickly leaving because all the FF13 did was just bash on FF7. FF7 is not my favourite Final Fantasy, that's either FF8, FF9 or FF6 but FF7 doesn't really derseve to be bashed for no reason at all. They just bullied the game and it's fans because it's the poplaur one. Hmm jealous much ? :ahmed:

Not all of the FF13 fans are bad, though the ones that bash on FF7 because it's poplaur and it's fans really tick me off a little bit. They also don't really give any of the other Final Fantasy games a chance and just love and praise FF13. How about picking up a PS2 or a PSP and adventring out a little bit hrm ?

They also call the other Final Fantasy games exteremly linear and bland. Yeah like FF9's starting to Alexandria- to Lindblum- to back to Lindblum- back to Alexandria during the Bahamut attack was REALLY LINEAR. Sacasm. :hmph:

I feel like the FF13 fans just enjoy one game and praise it and attack the rest of the Final Fantasy series and then get envious of FF7 because it's loved and usually doesn't get attacked like FF13 does. They also seem to believe that all FF13 haters are hardcore FF7 lovers. Uhm, no.

Some FF12 fans annoy me a little too. Because they don't seem to believe that character development is important and believe that FF12 is more mature and higher above the rest of the Final Fantasy games. Like the other Final Fantasy games are childish or for children or something. Yeah, FF6 with the poisoning of Doma was really childish. Again, sacasm.

I can understand if somebody doesn't like their favourite Final Fantasy being attacked. I don't like it when people bash FF7 for no reason, and that game is only "alright" in my eyes. I also didn't like it when the Spoony One bashed and torn apart FF8. In fact he's gone now, and I threw a small party in celebration of him leaving. No jokes. A couple of mates who felt the same way, some beers, some movies it was all good.

But please FF13 fans. Stop insluting FF7 and it's fans just because it gets praise, love and attention. It's just childish. Also stop insluting the other FF games too and calling them really linear when they're not. If you think that FF8 is linear, you have no idea what linear means because FF8 gives you a choice to either sidequest, adventre or do the main story.

Take the CD 2 Mission Base when you have Selphie has the main leader as the example. A linear game will tell you that you have to head to the Mission Base- no ifs, no buts. But you have a chance to explore the open bits of Galbadia and even head into Deling City and try and get the Rinoa Card from her jerkish Father. That's not linear.

Sometimes I feel like most of the FF13 fans just bully the rest of the series and it's not cool. :hmph:

This forum is probably where people have the most common sense and for that I am thankful for being here. Some of the posts here describe just that :)

I'm going to go ahead and close/archive this thread. Even the more balanced, sensitive answers speak against the fans of a certain FF and it's far too likely that someone will be upset by member X 'disliking' and generalising the fans of their favourite FF.

Whether or not people here intend to be offensive, I think the question itself invites conflict. Apologies to those who are enjoying this debate, but I think answers are a little too personal for comfort. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back