Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if that's actually how a lot of them act, then they should be insulted that some of them act like that, not the person who got that reaction from people just by saying 'it's okay'. I'm just saying what I've experienced, if you don't like it, be part of the change.

tumblr_m6963ecigx1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

but ALL fans do that sort of stuff, man. Look at the angel person's post http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/images/Seamus/buttons/viewpost-right.png

they said VII fans are crazy for believing VII is the best and yet they turned around and said that VI is obviously the best in the series. See? all fans act this... "in love" with their preferred game. :lew:

Actually, it DOES make sense if you count nostalgia as a factor. The majority of FFVII fanatics became fans of FF through VII. Usually that's the reason why it's their favorite. X was my first FF, so I am emotionally invested in the game due to nostalgia. But if I look at it from a non-biased point of view: FFVI is probably the overall best in the series. How does this make no sense at all? Just wondering.

Umm.....I don't hate VII fans for liking their game. I hate the obnoxious FFVII fans. And you know what? Same goes for VI. I don't like the obnoxious FFVI fans. But you know what? FFVII fans are a lot more in number and do have a tendency to be a hell of a lot more obnoxious.

And there is no problem with loving your favorite games. But obviously you missed the point of the thread and I was giving my opinions on the most annoying fans. Do you want to know my favorite game? It's FFX. In my personal opinion it's the best. But my unbiased opinion says that VI and IX are better games all around. That's the difference between a fanatical fanboy/girl and a fan who can humbly say their personal favorite is not necessarily the BEST GAEM EVAR
Exactly. And like I said, my favorite entries are VIII and IX, but I consider IV and VI the best in execution in the franchise, and my most disliked game is X, though the fans never struck me as as annoyingly vocal and hateful as the FF VII crowd. I've had people literally stop talking to me just because I said I didn't think VII was that great. Therein lies my point.

@Wanderluster - ^ Look at what I just posted. Read it.

I can't say that I dislike ' XXXXXX' Fans because I don't know many final fantasy fans (shocking to me in all honesty). I don't like the fans of the series that like only one game or two but say they're a fan of the series. Or the ones that hate games without giving them a shot (cough XIII anti-fanboys this means you!). I find it annoying when they're like "OH XIII SUCKS!" "Why?" "Internet told me so." It really makes me facepalm when people can't get their own opinion on a game. They just read people's opinions and use them as their own. Sorry about me going on a rant here.

That being said, I strongly dislike those who say that final fantasy VII is the absolute best RPG that has been made yet. I'm not saying that it's terrible, but there are plenty of other games that are just as good as VII.

So in short, my vote goes to VII.

@PhoenyxAngel. Where do those unbiased opinions come from I am curious.. I dont want in any way to create a discussion I am asking this out of pure curiosity because it seems pretty impossible to me for someone to have an unbiased opinion towards final fantasies, because if you liked something more than something else you are already being biased. My point is that there is no objective way in saying 6 or 9 are the best. At best they are arguably the best just like every other single title in the series :D. Its not like we had some kind of professional reviewers that had no final fantasy experience before and let them play all the titles and they will say that 6 and 9 are the best because of x and y and z.. Its impossible to do something like this for a game it all comes down to opinion. One does not simply objectively say that a certain game is the best when there are so many of arguably the same or better quality in the series. Its impossible to reach the ultimate truth, such thing doesnt exist and its falacious to use authority arguments when the subject at matter doesnt have general consensus among the players.

Phoenyxangel. Where do those unbiased opinions come from I am curious.. I dont want in any way to create a discussion I am asking this out of pure curiosity because it seems pretty impossible to me for someone to have an unbiased opinion towards final fantasies, because if you liked something more than something else you are already being biased. My point is there is no objective way in saying 6 or 9 are the best. At best they are arguably the best just like every other single title in the series :D
I know this wasn't directed at me, but the way I do it is simply to play other stuff and strive to be objective. TBH, I don't even like Final Fantasy as a series as much as other franchises I've been introduced to more recently, like Wasteland/Fallout and Shin Megami Tensei. I still enjoy and play FF games on occasion, but I don't revere them as much as most fans do, so I approach the franchise from a more objective bent, having played and enjoyed most of the titles.

PhoenyxAngel said:
Actually, it DOES make sense if you count nostalgia as a factor. The majority of FFVII fanatics became fans of FF through VII. Usually that's the reason why it's their favorite. X was my first FF, so I am emotionally invested in the game due to nostalgia. But if I look at it from a non-biased point of view: FFVI is probably the overall best in the series. How does this make no sense at all? Just wondering.
I don't think you understood what I was saying there. and you completely went off tangent with that whole nostalgia BS. That doesn't matter here :lew: What you and I are discussing is If in THEIR opinion VII is the better game or the best out of the series then that's just as valid as you saying there's other FF titles that are better. It's your opinion. :lew:

PhoenyxAngel said:
Umm.....I don't hate VII fans for liking their game. I hate the obnoxious FFVII fans. And guess what? Same goes for VI. I don't like the obnoxious FFVI fans. But you know what? FFVII fans are a lot more in number and do have a tendency to be a hell of a lot more obnoxious.
Why did you say this then;
But there are THOSE FFVII fanboys/girls who believe VII is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You know who they are. They frequent youtube and forums to go on about how much they love the game, how it's the best game EVAR, etc.

Even the normal FFVII fans should hate THOSE kinds of fans. Seriously.

You hate VII fans for doing exactly what you and Wolfblack are doing now... you two are saying that VI is the best game in the series and that is EXACTLY what you say the VII fans do. See what I'm trying to get at here? :lew: You guys are acting very hypocritical right now. You can't say you hate other fans just because they say a game is the best in the world and then turn around and say another game is the best in the world. It's hypocritical man. :lew: and it just comes off like you two are just the fans that love to wank on VII. :/

If them saying one game is better than the rest is what you consider "obnoxious" then it's your problem not theirs. :lew:

WolfBlack said:
Exactly. And like I said, my favorite entries are VIII and IX, but I consider IV and VI the best in execution in the franchise, and my most disliked game is X, though the fans never struck me as as annoyingly vocal and hateful as the FF VII crowd. I've had people literally stop talking to me just because I said I didn't think VII was that great. Therein lies my point.

You're doing it again. :gonk:

You're doing the exact thing you hate the VII fans for--proclaiming one game to be the best of the best. So by you and PhoenyxAngel's standards you two are both obnoxious fans by your own calculations.

This is what I'm talking about with the hypocrisy. :facepaw:

All fans are capable of this sort of thing in which you two hate the VII fans for, and you two are the poster fans for exactly what I'm saying.

I don't think you understood what I was saying there. and you completely went off tangent with that whole nostalgia BS. That doesn't matter here :lew: What you and I are discussing is If in THEIR opinion VII is the better game or the best out of the series then that's just as valid as you saying there's other FF titles that are better. It's your opinion. :lew:

You hate VII fans for doing exactly what you and Wolfblack are doing now... you two are saying that VI is the best game in the series and that is EXACTLY what you say the VII fans do. See what I'm trying to get at here? :lew: You guys are acting very hypocritical right now. You can't say you hate other fans just because they say a game is the best in the world and then turn around and say another game is the best in the world. It's hypocritical man. :lew: and it just comes off like you two are just the fans that love to wank on VII. :/

If them saying one game is better than the rest is what you consider "obnoxious" then it's your problem not theirs. :lew:

You're doing the exact thing you hate the VII fans for--proclaiming one game to be the best of the best. So by you and PhoenyxAngel's standards you two are both obnoxious fans by your calculations.

We're being civil right now, Wander, quit trying to pick fights.

We're being civil right now, Wander, quit trying to pick fights.
I'm not the one who made the assumption that the fans that proclaim one game to be the best are obnoxious. That's you and PhoenyxAngel who said that after you got finished saying how much VI is the best of the series. :grin:

Now, you should answer my statement about the hypocrisy in PhoenyxAngel's and your comments about why you hate VII fans and yet you do exactly what those VII fans do. :britt:

I'm not the one who made the assumption that the fans that proclaim one game to be the best are obnoxious. That's you and PhoenyxAngel who said that after you got finished saying how much VI is the best of the series. :grin:
Woo-hoo. People have preferences. You win a gold medal in observation.

You're doing the exact thing you hate the VII fans for--proclaiming one game to be the best of the best. So by you and PhoenyxAngel's standards you two are both obnoxious fans by your own calculations.

All fans are capable of this sort of thing in which you two hate the VII fans for, and you two are the poster fans for exactly what I'm saying.

Ok. I'll try to explain it better. I am saying that most FFVII fans like FFVII due to nostalgia. This is pretty much true, right? It's their favorite because of fond memories, it was their first rpg or FF, etc. But looking at it from a gamer perspective, and comparing the games to each other, I can come to a different conclusion. So basically one is a personal opinion based on emotions, while the other is a personal opinion based on thinking (critically thinking and assessing which game is TRULY the best based on various reasons such as story, characters, gameplay, etc.)

And I'm saying FFVI is the best in the series after playing every single FF game and coming to that conclusion based on analysis. Can you not comprehend how that's different from a FFVII (or even FFX, FFVIII, etc) fanboy saying that their favorite game is the best in there series without giving any good reason outside of nostalgia factors? Cause that's what the majority of the 'annoying' FFVII fans do.

And when did I say FFVI is the best in the world? I NEVER said that.

Here, you want to me being hypocritical?

"FFVII sucks!!!! OMG, the fans are SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. They think their game is the best in the world! Gawd!!! Clearly FFVI is the best EVARRRRRR!!!!1"

That would be hypocritical. I'm not saying that FFVI is the best in the world. I am saying that from a non-biased point of view that FFVI has a strong story, a great cast of characters, etc. It's probably the best in the series.

But do I go around saying that FFVI is the best thing since sliced bread? No. That's the difference. It has it's flaws and it could have been better than what is was. Am I begging SE for a remake of it? No. Am I going to attack someone for saying FFVI sucks? No. Am I going to get all upset about it? No, because I don't care if they like it or not.

Therefor I'm not being hypocritical.

Way to avoid the question WolfBlack..
I'm avoiding the question because you're saying nothing except that I and PhoenyxAngel have likes and dislikes. Everybody does. The point of the topic was which particular fans have the most annoying habits on a general level, and now has developed in how to be a more objective fan of the series.

Woo-hoo. People have preferences. You win a gold medal in observation.

tumblr_m6d7mgz3Mt1rvpbk7o2_500.png

That's what I've been trying to get YOU and angel to understand since my second post in the thread.

So you agree with me that you and angel's reasons for hating FFVII fans are bunk? D; GGGGGGGGGGREAT! because, vii fans are just doing what you do about VI-- saying that it's the best game in the series.

I'm glad you finally agree with me that you are a hypocrite by your own standards.

No.. You are saying you dont like ff7 fans for saying that ff7 is the best game IN THEIR OPINION and then you say something like FF6 or 4 are the best IN YOUR OPINION. Phoenyxangel clarified her point pretty well IN MY OPINION but not you. Nevertheless this discussion is pointless but basically half the fans who criticize ff7 fans (Some are obnoxious to the extreme but lately I havent seen any) are exactly the same towards other games and thats what REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS!!!!!!
Haters are always worse than fanboys btw.(just stating something not calling any of you haters)

lmfao calm the fuck down.

I think this thread proves that 90% of FFF fans are the most annoying.

No.. You are saying you dont like ff7 fans for saying that ff7 is the best game IN THEIR OPINION and then you say something like FF6 or 4 are the best IN YOUR OPINION. Phoenyxangel clarified her point pretty well IN MY OPINION but not you. Nevertheless this discussion is pointless but basically half the fans who criticize ff7 fans (Some are obnoxious to the extreme but lately I havent seen any) are exactly the same towards other games and thats what REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS!!!!!!
Haters are always worse than fanboys btw.(just stating something not calling any of you haters)
What I'm saying is, I won't alienate anybody for liking one game in particular, but I've observed from experience that many fans of a particular game don't share that standard. Which I believe is the entire point of the discussion, which fanbase tends to be the most alienating, not personal opinions on the worst or best games in the franchise. Those lists were merely examples of how one can be personally biased and not be an elitist.

Seriously, cool yourselves.

@PhoenyxAngel. Where do those unbiased opinions come from I am curious.. I dont want in any way to create a discussion I am asking this out of pure curiosity because it seems pretty impossible to me for someone to have an unbiased opinion towards final fantasies, because if you liked something more than something else you are already being biased. My point is that there is no objective way in saying 6 or 9 are the best. At best they are arguably the best just like every other single title in the series :D. Its not like we had some kind of professional reviewers that had no final fantasy experience before and let them play all the titles and they will say that 6 and 9 are the best because of x and y and z.. Its impossible to do something like this for a game it all comes down to opinion. One does not simply objectively say that a certain game is the best when there are so many of arguably the same or better quality in the series. Its impossible to reach the ultimate truth, such thing doesnt exist and its falacious to use authority arguments when the subject at matter doesnt have general consensus among the players.

Sorry, didn't see your question until now. I can see your point, but I think some people aren't understanding the concept that you can have a personal favorite while still acknowledging something else is superior. The fact that some people can't grasp this concept is mind boggling to me. And I agree that we can't come to a universal decision on the best FF, but the majority of critics and fans alike can come to the decision to that overall the most solid game in the series could be ____. Whether you believe it's VI, VII, X, IX, IV, whatever.

And major gaming magazine or websites do have things like this listed based on fan opinions, sales, ratings, etc. They could easily come to the conclusion that one game is superior to the rest based on a list of criteria.

Now their decision will differ from some fans. But that's because those fans have a personal opinion. And at the end of the day that's all that really matters: your opinion. But if you're going to be annoying about it, then I'm going to go on a thread and say you're annoying about it. And then get questioned like crazy from other members since I had the gall to say that my favorite in the series is probably not the best game there is. :gasp:

But how did I come to the conclusion that FFVI is probably the best? I compared it to the others, read other opinions, looked at ratings and sales, etc. I came to that conclusion based on constructive analysis and not on the idea of 'well I liked it, therefor it's the best.' The one that I personally like the most is FFX. But the game is flawed. This is obvious to any gamer. So would I not be ignorant to say it's the best in the series?

Edit:

On another note: everyone needs to chill the f out. Calm your nips and realize everyone has a different opinion on things. I think the fanbase with the most annoying fans is FFVII. Some will think X. Some will think VI. Some will think whatever. Who cares. If you're offended by it then you need to grow some thicker skin.

Ok. I'll try to explain it better. I am saying that most FFVII fans like FFVII due to nostalgia. This is pretty much true, right? It's their favorite because of fond memories, it was their first rpg or FF, etc.
No one cares WHY people like something. We're discussing why YOU and wolfblack hate VII fans.
laugh.gif

But looking at it from a gamer perspective, and comparing the games to each other, I can come to a different conclusion. So basically one is a personal opinion based on emotions, while the other is a personal opinion based on thinking (critically thinking and assessing which game is TRULY the best based on various reasons such as story, characters, gameplay, etc.)
So you're saying you're the perfect unbiased fan who happens to hate the best selling FF game. Riiiight
laugh.gif
You're no more unbiased than any other fan, no matter how many times you try and tell us other wise.

And I'm saying FFVI is the best in the series after playing every single FF game and coming to that conclusion based on analysis.
You can't say that VII fans don't do the same. I've played every FF game and I've come to the conclusion that it's the best in the series. Gee, now I'm unbiased too! and I based my conclusion off of analysis as well! D:

Can you not comprehend how that's different from a FFVII (or even FFX, FFVIII, etc) fanboy saying that their favorite game is the best in there series without giving any good reason outside of nostalgia factors? Cause that's what the majority of the 'annoying' FFVII fans do.
I don't know where you're getting this nostalgia crap from.
laugh.gif
I've never heard or met a VII fan say that's a reason why they like the game for that reason alone. What aren't you comprehending here, man?
laugh.gif

And when did I say FFVI is the best in the world? I NEVER said that.
Here;
For instance: I'm a FFX fangirl. I'll admit it. But I can also admit that FFVI is a superior game. I don't mind admitting that.
That's where you said it.
wacky.gif

Here, you want to me being hypocritical?
You already were the moment you used the fact that VII fans say VII is the best in the series as a reason for you to say other fans should hate them but then turn around and do the exact same thing but about VI.
laugh.gif

"FFVII sucks!!!! OMG, the fans are SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. They think their game is the best in the world! Gawd!!! Clearly FFVI is the best EVARRRRRR!!!!1"
Yes, you already did that here;
For instance: I'm a FFX fangirl. I'll admit it. But I can also admit that FFVI is a superior game. I don't mind admitting that.

That would be hypocritical.
I'm glad we agree, man.

I'm not saying that FFVI is the best in the world. I am saying that from a non-biased point of view that FFVI has a strong story, a great cast of characters, etc. It's probably the best in the series.
You didn't say probably in your first post. You said that it IS the best. Which is exactlty what you hate about VII fans.

But do I go around saying that FFVI is the best thing since sliced bread? No. That's the difference.
Um, neither do VII fans.
laugh.gif

It has it's flaws and it could have been better than what is was. Am I begging SE for a remake of it? No. Am I going to attack someone for saying FFVI sucks? No. Am I going to get all upset about it? No, because I don't care if they like it or not.

Therefor I'm not being hypocritical.
You're hypocritical because you hate VII fans for saying VII is the best but then you say that VI is the best. THAT'S what I'm saying is hypocritical.

I'm avoiding the question because you're saying nothing except that I and PhoenyxAngel have likes and dislikes. Everybody does. The point of the topic was which particular fans have the most annoying habits on a general level, and now has developed in how to be a more objective fan of the series.

Yes, that's what I've been saying the entire time. NOW all you have to admit is that you hate VII fans for only doing exactly what YOU and angel do about VI--making you a what? Say it with me, a hypocrite!
awesome-1.png

What I'm saying is, I won't alienate anybody for liking one game in particular, but I've observed from experience that many fans of a particular game don't share that standard. Which I believe is the entire point of the discussion, which fanbase tends to be the most alienating, not personal opinions on the worst or best games in the franchise. Those lists were merely examples of how one can be personally biased and not be an elitist.

Seriously, cool yourselves.

But you said you dislike VII fans for doing something that you yourself has done--which is saying one game is the best.

But how did I come to the conclusion that FFVI is probably the best? I compared it to the others, read other opinions, looked at ratings and sales, etc. I came to that conclusion based on constructive analysis and not on the idea of 'well I liked it, therefor it's the best.' The one that I personally like the most is FFX. But the game is flawed. This is obvious to any gamer. So would I not be ignorant to say it's the best in the series?

10,000,000+ people bought and adore VII and say that it's one of the best games ever, they came to their conclusion from analyzing the game just as much as you've done. Just because it's not YOUR favorite in YOUR opinion that doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.

I understand your point and I accept it. But if you excuse me I need to be a little more annoying then xD (I dont know about you but I love debating with people like you). There is not interest or point in trying to reach the so called universal truth about which game is the best but imagine that you dont like a game even though it is praised as one of the best things .. Does that mean you are wrong to say that the game isnt very good? No because in the end what you call constructive analysis was the junctioning of various opinions. My point is that if you are going to take that whole retrospective, analysis bullshit, calling it bullshit because the analysis itself is 100% subjective and heres why: You say ff6 has a cast of great characters..But what if a bunch of people in magazines come in and say that ff8 has the best characters or 9 or 4.. doesnt matter. And then you say that 6 has a better story..but my god I played it thinking it was going to be super great after what I had read about it and I was super disappointed in the end. The story inside the game is pretty simple and for example ff 10 develops its story way more, its a more original story and its way more complex and big (In my opinion). Thing is most of those magazines and other opinions are all subjective and believe it or not 60% of the whole ff6 is the best of all opinion kind of comes also from nostalgia. Nevertheless Its not safe to make such bold statements as ff6 is probably the best in the series because based on constructive analysis as you call it ff4,7,9 and 10 are at the same level or are even better. Its bold and ultimately bad to singularize a game out of a series that spawned atleast 5 or 6 great quality titles along Final Fantasy 6.

But you said you dislike VII fans for doing something that you yourself has done--which is saying one game is the best.
I never said that was my problem with FF VII fans, if you recall, my biggest problem is that from my personal experience, have a differing opinion to theirs often leads in them acting like you don't exist, even for just saying 'it was decent'. Now, if you told me you didn't like FF IV, VI, VIII or IX, I'd say 'okay then,' maybe ask you why and then talk about something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back