Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the difference is that fans of any other FF game would just accept that you don't like it. I've met FF VII fans IN PERSON, who would act like I just raped someone in front of their eyes if I just said, exactly, 'Final Fantasy VII was okay, but not my thing'. It sounds cartoonish, but that's the best way I can describe it. I don't know any other fans who would react like that as a general rule.

You know :lew: it's funny. I've heard this a lot but it's always non-VII fans that lose it on fans that believe VII is the best of the best. :lew:

Just look at this thread, a few people have already said the worse fans are VII fans simply because they believe VII is the best.
But a fan isn't annoying if they simply believe something is better than something else. that just seems crazy to me if someone honestly hates fans just because they like another game more-so than another. :lew:

I'm a major VII fangirl and I also feel it's one of the best games of all time. I've been on these forums for quite sometime now and you know how many members I see bash VII saying how much "VII sucks" or "there's better games out there"? I've seen a lot of people say stuff like that. and you know what? I just shrug at it because it's their opinion. :lew:

I say any rabid fan that attacks other fans or fans that wank on the most loved games are the most annoying of them all.

You know :lew: it's funny. I've heard this a lot but it's always non-VII fans that lose it on fans that believe VII is the best of the best. :lew:

Just look at this thread, a few people have already said the worse fans are VII fans simply because they believe VII is the best.
But a fan isn't annoying if they simply believe something is better than something else. that just seems crazy to me if someone honestly hates fans just because they like another game more-so than another. :lew:

I'm a major VII fangirl and I also feel it's one of the best games of all time. I've been on these forums for quite sometime now and you know how many members I see bash VII saying how much "VII sucks" or "there's better games out there"? I've seen a lot of people say stuff like that. and you know what? I just shrug at it because it's their opinion. :lew:

I say any rabid fan that attacks other fans or fans that wank on the most loved games are the most annoying of them all.
...So I guess that means you hate yourself now, judging by this statement? Good to know. Because, I mean, you're a fan who just insulted other fans for not liking certain other fans...

The fans who bitch and moan about other fans :hmph:

If you dislike a game someone else likes that's cool, leave it alone and let a dead horse be dead. Why do certain "fans" have to be lumped together because of a disagreement fan#1 had with fan#2?

All in all I have to say all FF fans are all pretty much on the same level.

...So I guess that means you hate yourself now, judging by this statement? Good to know. Because, I mean, you're a fan who just insulted other fans for not liking certain other fans...

She didn't say anything close to that -_-

Calling rabids rabid for not liking PEOPLE, is sensible, calling fans rabid/annoying for not like the same game as YOU or for liking ANOTHER game, is just crazy :wacky:

The fans who bitch and moan about other fans :hmph:

If you dislike a game someone else likes that's cool, leave it alone and let a dead horse be dead. Why do certain "fans" have to be lumped together because of a disagreement fan#1 had with fan#2?

All in all I have to say all FF fans are all pretty much on the same level.
Why do you think I don't do much on these forums? All I typically want to do is point out the point-of-views that people neglect. I don't hate anyone here.

Actually I think all she was saying is that the people attacking FFVII seem more annoying than the FFVII fan base.
Cause usually the FFVII attackers seem to attack the game more than those that praise it.
I mean yes I do sometimes bash on FFVII (when the rumors of a remake appear usually)
But thats cause I don't want any remakes of any games really (just port the game IMO which they did)

The problem with her statement though is that it's suggesting that people who love Final Fantasy VII should never have anybody say anything contrary to their preferential game. Do people say that at all about Final Fantasy VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, or XIII? No? That's because those fans know that every title has flaws, including their favorites, and they don't get up at arms about it all the damn time because they can accept it.

Why do you think I don't do much on these forums? All I typically want to do is point out the point-of-views that people neglect. I don't hate anyone here.

Oh, is THAT why you made this post?

Seems a little bit vicarious to me, like you may have just, like, wanted to inflame a sort of fan war and watched it go out, because when I don't very much like a certain kind of person, I just try not to think or talk about them at all.

I am pretty sure, everyone on this forum knows that there are and can be psychotic fans. They haven't just been introduced to the internet let alone to the FF fandom.

I didn't make the damn thread. I just replied.

I meant post -_- Not thread.

Calm the hell down.

The problem with her statement though is that it's suggesting that people who love Final Fantasy VII should never have anybody say anything contrary to their preferential game. Do people say that at all about Final Fantasy VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, or XIII? No? That's because those fans know that every title has flaws, including their favorites, and they don't get up at arms about it all the damn time because they can accept it.

That's just not true, though, I have met EVERY kind of FF fan and they all have been or become rabid regarding their love for their favorite game.

Especially VI and XIII as of their new fandom growth thanks to new releases.

The problem is what Wanderluster said, was, that if a Fan would be rabid enough to attack another person over a game they are rabid and they ARE. But hating on someone for liking/disliking some game is just crazy.

The point of my posts is so that fans like that can analyze themselves and be more understanding of everybody else who tires of the typical FFVII fan culture. So they can say, like me, that they love a certain game, but understand where opinions may differ. Instead, all we get is 'well, all you other fans suck because you think we suck, so you must not be fans at all' circular logic drivel.

A healthy reaction to hearing complaints is to take them to heart and keep them in mind, not to lash out.

What? :lew:

Did I make a hypcritical statement like "I hate when Y fans say Y game is better. Oh by the way D game is totally the best"? did I say something like that? :wacky:

no
no i did not. :wacky:

I don't even think you read my post because had you done that you'd see the part where I said I hate NO fan. :lew: However, I did say the type of fan that hates other fans (just because the other fans believe a certain game(VII in this instance) is the best in the world) IS annoying, though... and that's about it. :wacky:

I never said I hated anyone, that's you and that other dude. Again, I said I dislike the type of fan that wanks on other fans just because said fans happen to like a game that YOU don't like. :lew:

Hating fans for liking and believing another game is the best is as rabid as it gets.

Actually I think all she was saying is that the people attacking FFVII seem more annoying than the FFVII fan base.
Cause usually the FFVII attackers seem to attack the game more than those that praise it.
I mean yes I do sometimes bash on FFVII (when the rumors of a remake appear usually)
But thats cause I don't want any remakes of any games really (just port the game IMO which they did)
Yes, exactly. :lew:

Wut? Where are you getting this from? :lew:

When and where did I say "people who love Final Fantasy VII should never have anybody say anything contrary to their preferential game"?

I didn't. I think you're just seeing what you want to now, buddy. :lew:

I never said anything of the sort. All I'm saying is that you can't tell someone they're delusional for thinking VII is the best FF title because it's THEIR OPINION. Just like it is YOUR opinion that there's other games that are better. But just because YOU feel that VII isn't the best doesn't mean you're actually right when you make that assumption. Before your lid flips off, the same goes for VII fans. If someone said a game is the best in the world that doesn't actually mean it's the best damn game in the world--it might be the best in THEIR opinion, but that's it.

It all comes down to opinions.

If you think you(not you, but people in general) can proclaim another game is the best in the world and say everyone else is wrong about any other game being the best, then I'd hate to break it to you, but you're just as inaccurate(and rabid) as VII fans that harp on about how awesome of a game it is.

WolfBlack

Just a warning before the Admins come in, this is a post count section so try not to spam in here
I know you were just correcting Ishtar, but figured I would warn you before the admins do.

and back on topic..

This thread is already going turn into a flame war I see it.
Also Wolfblack, I do see some of those fans (X, and VI mostly) tend to demand a remake and curse all other games just like the FFVII fan base.

I mean yes these are arguably the most popular FF games for there generation (VI for the 32 bit era, VII for the PS generation, X for the ps2 generation.)
Which is probably why, these games get demanded remakes more than any other FF game, but just saying FFVII fans aren't the only ones that demand remakes and are overzealous of their Favorite FF game.

@Happy Dog - Then by all means, criticize those fans too. I haven't noticed much of a problem with them, but if you say there's an issue there, then it seems it isn't as out-of-hand, of there'd be more people taking issue with that.

The point of my posts is so that fans like that can analyze themselves and be more understanding of everybody else who tires of the typical FFVII fan culture. So they can say, like me, that they love a certain game, but understand where opinions may differ. Instead, all we get is 'well, all you other fans suck because you think we suck, so you must not be fans at all' circular logic drivel.

A healthy reaction to hearing complaints is to take them to heart and keep them in mind, not to lash out.

Accusing an entire fandom of being "annoying/rabid" or that they act like an insult to their game is like a "rape" is an insult, no one will look at that honestly and feel a sudden urge to change their actions; their going to get pissed and offended.

All FF fans are the same, the only difference is FFVII has a bigger and louder fandom than other FF's. Legacy installment fans are usually too busy arguing and insulting each other to waste time on others, and this is from MY personal experience.

Asking who is more annoying or refusing to acknowledge that other fans of FF are just the same; won't change a thing.

All I've done is reply to a thread and explained my point of view as well as I could. You guys are the ones jumping down my throat.

The 7 fans are the worst, Fanservice Children and Retcon Core made them even crazier.

All I've done is reply to a thread and explained my point of view as well as I could. You guys are the ones jumping down my throat.

What? How? You told Wanderluster that she did something she didn't, that's where I came in.

Now, all I am trying to do is give constructive criticism to you; telling someone that they act like an insult to their favorite game is a rape is not going to encourage some sort of revelation-like change in their hearts. Its insulting. They will only become for offended and offending.

What? How? You told Wanderluster that she did something she didn't, that's where I came in.

Now, all I am trying to do is give constructive criticism to you; telling someone that they act like an insult to their favorite game is a rape is not going to encourage some sort of revelation-like change in their hearts. Its insulting. They will only become for offended and offending.
But if that's actually how a lot of them act, then they should be insulted that some of them act like that, not the person who got that reaction from people just by saying 'it's okay'. I'm just saying what I've experienced, if you don't like it, be part of the change.

Haha, that makes no sense at all :lew: if in THEIR opinion VII is the better game or the best out of the series then that's just as valid as you saying there's other FF titles better. These are just people's opinions, man. It's about time people chillax about it and stop acting as if someone else is crazy for saying a game is better than another game when it's THEIR opinion.

Actually, it DOES make sense if you count nostalgia as a factor. The majority of FFVII fanatics became fans of FF through VII. Usually that's the reason why it's their favorite. X was my first FF, so I am emotionally invested in the game due to nostalgia. But if I look at it from a non-biased point of view: FFVI is probably the overall best in the series. How does this make no sense at all? Just wondering.

Maybe it is the greatest game in their opinion. What's it to you or anyone else? I think it's annoying when VI fans think VI is a superior game than all the other titles.

See what I did there?

that's called opinions. I have one, you have one, everyone in the world has one. ;)

But hating a fan just because they believe one game is better than the rest is just hypocritical of you. You hate VII fans for saying VII is far superior than other FF titles and yet you say in the very same post that VI is superior. You're doing exactly what these annoying fans you speak of do. :lew: Get it? :lew:

I don't understand how it's okay to hate a fan simply because they think a game is the best in the world. is having an opinion against the law or something? :huh:

Unless these fans are rabids and go around attacking fans for liking other games (like what you did) then there's no problem. :lew:

Umm.....I don't hate VII fans for liking their game. I hate the obnoxious FFVII fans. And guess what? Same goes for VI. I don't like the obnoxious FFVI fans. But you know what? FFVII fans are a lot more in number and do have a tendency to be a hell of a lot more obnoxious.

And there is no problem with loving your favorite games. But obviously you missed the point of the thread and I was giving my opinions on the most annoying fans. Do you want to know my favorite game? It's FFX. In my personal opinion it's the best. But my unbiased opinion says that VI and IX are better games all around. That's the difference between a fanatical fanboy/girl and a fan who can humbly say their personal favorite is not necessarily the BEST GAEM EVAR

But if that's actually how a lot of them act, then they should be insulted that some of them act like that, not the person who got that reaction from people just by saying 'it's okay'. I'm just saying what I've experienced, if you don't like it, be part of the change.

But it won't change them, which is what you were trying to do (like you said); insulting someone will only make them worse, if they really do act that way. Yes, they should feel foolish for acting that way but having other people insult them 10 to 1 only serves one purpose; inflaming them to become worse.

If I don't like what? You acting like insults and rudeness ever got anyone anywhere and pretending like no other FF fans do the same shit? I don't like it but you don't see me insulting you like it will do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back