Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

Blazzx

Gil
I saw FF VXIII treiler one year ago and there was no info for much time about this game.
Do you know when will be released?
And any other stuf about game?

I saw FF VXIII treiler one year ago and there was no info for much time about this game.
Do you know when will be released?
And any other stuf about game?

Never :mokken:

ok but seriously, the game has been talked about for like 6 years now, and no release dates or any real info on it Sorry buddy.

:confused:WHY

Is there any game with similar Battle System?
Because battle system in FF:VXIII looks great!

You mean an action RPG from the creators of Kingdom Hearts??? Well.. I never played Versus myself...but... I'm guessing Kingdom hearts well play similar to it :trollface:

The only thing that has been said and even that should be taken with a pinch of salt is that they said once they finished work of FFXIII-2 the production team went into full drive for Versus XIII. Another statement in an interview earlier this year...I think it was Nomura stated that the game is still alive and when we next see it, it will be running on the system in real time for you to enjoy. Well we have TGS soon...so it could have a detail there but do not put your hopes up fellow community dweller :)

Honestly if its taking this long its probably because they added a new feature or reworked it completely. Similar to birth by sleep in which they caught a virus and had to fix it (didnt exactly blame the virus for the long wait but im assuming it is)

An update that I heard about a while ago: There will be a world map and controllable airship. Besides that, there's really nothing that SE is giving us in terms of updates or info.

*Moved to Versus*

I doubt the world map and airship thing will look like what fans desired. But that's just me.

And yeah, like others said, no release dates, but there are little hints here and there that they are going to show something soon.

*Moved to Versus*

I doubt the world map and airship thing will look like what fans desired. But that's just me.

And yeah, like others said, no release dates, but there are little hints here and there that they are going to show something soon.

Let's remember he have had "hint's" like that before only for them to say "the details of the game shall be delayed till farther notice" or something just as stupid...honestly XIII took 6 years to make and look how many people love that...

Let's remember he have had "hint's" like that before only for them to say "the details of the game shall be delayed till farther notice" or something just as stupid...honestly XIII took 6 years to make and look how many people love that...

this, im skeptical with SE, this game could restore or break SE.

The action rpg like KH might be good depending on how they do it. In the first one it was great because it was all about timing and range but in kh2 there was no need for tactics. So hopefully this game gets better.

For the most part looks like its trying to catch more western audience from the looks of it.

Square is always trying to catch the western audience. I just wish they can stick to the classic JRPG style. I don't mind an adventure RPG, but I really don't like the idea of them changing their style completely. :/

Square is always trying to catch the western audience. I just wish they can stick to the classic JRPG style. I don't mind an adventure RPG, but I really don't like the idea of them changing their style completely. :/

They already did with 13 and that didnt work. Action oriented games have been more popular are more prefered than traditional turn base. Traditional JRPG are good when theyre made 2D or so (which is why i believe pokemon has been so popular even though they stick with main 8-16 bit graphics with tiny twists).

Ff always trying to revolutionize. (That and i dont enjoy turn base games with high graphics)

They already did with 13 and that didnt work. Action oriented games have been more popular are more prefered than traditional turn base. Traditional JRPG are good when theyre made 2D or so (which is why i believe pokemon has been so popular even though they stick with main 8-16 bit graphics with tiny twists).

Ff always trying to revolutionize. (That and i dont enjoy turn base games with high graphics)

But there is no real turn base with high graphics! :(
(xept for Lost Odyssey)

On topic: If versus fails like FFXII or FFXIII did, then finally i can put Final Fantasy Behind me for what they where (FFVI-FFX)

(xept for Lost Odyssey)

On topic: If versus fails like FFXII or FFXIII did, then finally i can put Final Fantasy Behind me for what they where (FFVI-FFX)
In the essence of menu based games. Some ppl believe in order to be RPG it has to be menu based. Obviously those ppl never played western rpgs. Regardless theres no taactic back then unlike ff1-12. Games need more strategy.

In the essence of menu based games. Some ppl believe in order to be RPG it has to be menu based. Obviously those ppl never played western rpgs. Regardless theres no taactic back then unlike ff1-12. Games need more strategy.

I agree, games need more strategy

But about "menu based" arent those elder scrolls, dragon age games also kinda menu based? i mean you need to set your magic, skills, items you need to set your stats right and well basically you need to micromanage that makes it rpg imo
About "turn based" the only thing that is different between turnbased asian and realtime west is the battle itself which makes the micromanaging less important.

I agree, games need more strategy

But about "menu based" arent those elder scrolls, dragon age games also kinda menu based? i mean you need to set your magic, skills, items you need to set your stats right and well basically you need to micromanage that makes it rpg imo
About "turn based" the only thing that is different between turnbased asian and realtime west is the battle itself which makes the micromanaging less important.
not exactly. Action rpgs are more action oriented and not always labeled with action in the west. That and usually when i do see those games that are menu based, usually look boardgames.

By menu based Im saying "choose action through menu". Doesnt give you the full
Control. In ffIV the idea was to be fast paced, but in ff13 it was incredibly slow. Still graphics werent as realistic for me to want full control but now we getting realistic graphics. This is sort of why i dont want ff7 remake to be fully realistic to the point where menu base looks boring.

* raises hand *

I love XIII! No, I really do! Makes me stand out like a sore thumb, but that doesn't bother me :P

That being said, everything I've seen of Versus looks amazing--better than XIII--and in my opinion SE would pretty much have to scrap all of their main ideas for the game in order for it to turn out badly. It seems to be about as much in the same universe as Tactics and XII are; that is, they have a few connecting points and otherwise are totally different games. Even if XIII didn't do anything for you, I'd think Versus would hold its own at least. Would be nice to see some actual gameplay instead of more pre-rendered stuff, though.

* raises hand *

I love XIII! No, I really do! Makes me stand out like a sore thumb, but that doesn't bother me :P

That being said, everything I've seen of Versus looks amazing--better than XIII--and in my opinion SE would pretty much have to scrap all of their main ideas for the game in order for it to turn out badly. It seems to be about as much in the same universe as Tactics and XII are; that is, they have a few connecting points and otherwise are totally different games. Even if XIII didn't do anything for you, I'd think Versus would hold its own at least. Would be nice to see some actual gameplay instead of more pre-rendered stuff, though.
Tactics and XII both set in ivalice however in different areas. Also in Tactics A2, balthier and Vaan return from XII. So these games are more connected.

However, fabula nova crystallis has changed that. Sharing the number XIII no longer means its part of the same world. They simply share the same mythology. Regardless it was obvious from the beginning this was going to be nothing similar to XIII. 2 different directors.

(xept for Lost Odyssey)

XII a fail? LOL. It received praise from critics and fans alike. Only the turn-based homers are against it. It may have departed from the traditional FF, but as a stand-alone game, it was a very successful game.

Back