Favourite Area in FFXII

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXII has expansive maps with beautifully designed towns and architectures. What is your favourite area/town/dungeon in the game?

Mine would probably be Mt. Bur-Omisace. This place is so calm and peaceful (even after the Archadian attacks). Just look at the beautiful architecture and the harmonious relationship of the people. Look at the panoramic view of the floating islands and the sea, as you climb up the towering temple.

Bhujerba and Phon Coast are great too!

The Sandsea has got to be the coolest place I've ever visited in the game. I know SE takes a lot of inspiration for Star Wars and the Sandsea reminded me so much of Tatooine right down to the music. It was also a really good place to level up until about level 23 I believe.

My favourite is the Phon Coast due to its relaxing and calm environment. Seems like paradise to me.
A close second would be the feywood because of its mysterious feeling.

Not necessarily an area, but I really love the city of Archades. It's probably the best city in any of the FF games and I enjoyed my time there the most. Don't remember too many of the field areas too well, though.

I really love the necrohol of Nabudis, it's so awesome and intriguing. I also really like Giruvegan, it's beautiful.

Xx..xX

The jungle area (I forget the name :( ) the place where you have to fight the Gravelord and you can fight the malboros. I really enjoyed going through there and just slashing everything in sight (including tires). We got a bunch of stuff to sell, and even some gil along the way. I also used that area as a place to test new abilities we got. ;)

I personally LOVE guruvagan. Just wish it was more beauty on the outside as well :/ More of a location, less of a long hallway......

I love the whole area between the Golmore Jungle and Giruvegan, especially Eruyt Village. I find the area very well designed. I love the dark green of the Golmore Jungle, the calm mutedness of Eruyt (how do you pronounce that, incidentally?) and the snowy danger of the Feywood

Giruvegan/The Great Crystal are easily my favorite areas, mainly because they're so rich in history. Also, the Great Crystal is a great challenge in and off itself. (Omega Mark XII, anyone? :lew:)

I like the Phon Coast and the Nabreus Deadlands. Both are beautiful with a great musical score and interesting enemies.
Should also make mention of the Feywood. Epic.

The Necrohol, though- fuck that place. It's mostly uninteresting, and has ridiculously powerful booby traps.

Kind of hard to choose a favourite area, there's so many beautiful places in FFXII. Well, I liked the Nabreus Deadlands, it had a dark, somewhat depressing atmosphere that I liked. The Sochen Cave Palace and the Salikawood were pretty enjoyable to navigate. Also, I think Old Archades was the best town.

Back