Crisis Core Did Crisis Core transform your perspective of Sephiroth?

Lirael

I love to read and discuss pretty much anything!
Veteran
Gil
So Crisis Core week starts in two days; on the 28th! :cheer: I'm going to be a little busy over the weekend, so I thought I'd set up a couple of threads today. :ryan:

Before playing Crisis Core, I felt Sephiroth was a somewhat one dimensional character (although bear in mind I haven't yet completed VII). I lacked empathy for him and wasn't entirely convinced by his motivations. However, he was one of my favourite characters in Crisis Core. He was witty, smart, calm and cool, a little distant, and quite professional. He watched over his friends - he found them amusing, I feel, but he loved them despite their flaws. :)

Consequently, my perspective of Sephiroth has changed. I can't say I identify with him nor do I feel his actions are justified, but I do feel he's more human.

What did you think of Sephiroth before and after Crisis Core? :)

Last edited:
Honestly Sephiroth seems to be too much of a mama's boy to me, even though Jenova isn't really his mother, I mean the more he learn's about him being an experiment and about Jenova the more he get's consumed by it. In Crisis Core, they made it even more pathetic by having Genesis pulling the strings on Sephiroth. It made the arguably best villain in the FF series seem nothing more than a puppet in the end sadly.

Back