Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Time for more game reviews! Unfortunately, game reviews are few and far between around here, and understandably so as it requires a lot of time and effort on your part. But that's not to say that game reviews shouldn't be done more often, so this year, as part of Birthweek, you now have an excuse to write one up for us. :)

You may choose any game to your liking.

There will be three judges (including myself) for this competition. So no voting poll for this one.

Word limit: 2,000 words. Even the greatest reviews must come to an end sometime.
Due Date: June 5th
Submit entries to me.

You must follow the format below, and add a score to each category based on a scale of 1-10.

• Introduction/General Comments

• Storyline

• Characters

• Gameplay

• Controls

• Graphics

• Sound

• Unique/Extra Features

• Replay value

• Overall Rating

Please be aware of your grammar and spelling. If the spelling and grammar are to an excessive extent, it will most likely not make it to the Top 3 (assuming we have more than three reviews).

Do NOT post any major spoilers. Remember, this is a 'review'. You are not supposed to narrate a story - you are simply reviewing it. If you do go into more details, do watch out for major spoilers. Good luck!

1st place - 500 points
2nd place - 300 points
3rd place - 100 points

will the review be published so others could see? or is it just private? :huh:

It'll be published here for all to see once we announce the winning entry. If you'd rather not have it published, then let me know beforehand. :)

Is there a rule on how old or new the the game has to be?

*don't ask why I'm up late, can't sleep :damon:*

Anyone? :huh:

Also, Mitsuki, I wouldn't mind mine being published if I won :lew: I'd be completely stoked if it won. But, is there a rule that the game can't be too old or too new? or can we just review any game, whether it's Super Mario All-Stars or FFXIII-2? :huh:

Ah, sorry for the late response. You can review any games you want, however old or new.

I did, :hmmm: I got to the "gameplay section" and stopped cuz it was the ninth already :lew:

I'll extend it, Cali. I only have one entry so... xD

3 days? Unless you need more time, which is fine. :)

I'll try to get it done in three but if I need a day or so more will that be fine?

Also, what happens if we both pick the same game--that doesn't mean that hurts our chances of winning, right? :hmmm:

That'll be fine, yes. And no it won't hurt your chances of winning. =] Either way you two will be rewarded BW points.

Back